Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The thing is lets do say blizzard took away CRZ/LFG/LFR it would not go back to the way wow was in TBC where people was scared to be assholes.

All that would happen is tons more guilds would pop up and would group all of the assholes together and nothing would get changed. The damage is done but games like Rift/SWTOR do show that a LFG system will work within a game as I already stated in my personal opinion the community in both is 100% more helpful/nice and all around better then WOW's because people have decided in WOW its cool to troll its cool to be a asshole as long as it gets you ahead of everyone else.

Once blizzard stopped enforcing there rules the way they use to and then add LFG/LFR they made a wound that can't heal. As I said many people are leaving for many reasons and I bet one of them near the top of the list is the way the community is. I personally think that people being able to see endgame has little to do with subs dropping in EU/US because once they do get to hit that endgame and finish it they got time to do other things wow has to offer like pet battles doing old content and making a new toon.

As I said from personally experience I think one of the major things making subs bleed a bit in the EU/US is because of how the community treats people if they mess up 1 time and how they treat new player's.

Like I said in my last post go on Rift and ask some questions about how to build a toon or where the crafting person is and you will 9 times out of 10 get a answer. Ask the same question in WOW and trade will light up with "Your a fucken noob go google it ect..."

That's how I feel about it anyway.
    I completely agree about the community as I said. I've played every MMO out there since Everquest, so I know that decent communities are around and can be. While I know in Rift for sure, not sure about SW:ToR(haven't played since it released that horrible pvp patch with illum), that they don't have an LFR system in and there is a lot more "pug" stuff going on with the DRR's and Ghunts. While most of DRR's and Ghunts can be done cross shard, most people do it on their home shard since there are normally enough folks these days. That means what it should, people HAVE to be decent to each other or they get a lot of crap about it.

Hell, I was playing a couple months ago and did a Conquest thing. Some guy joined our side and started talking trying to lead it. The moment he opened his mouth, there were 5-10 people saying about how much of an asshole this guy was and not to listen etc. That same thing can be done in WoW if we are allowed to deal with smaller populations.

Maybe dropping LFD is a pipe dream, but LFR... something has to be done there. I would love to see LFR dropped in place of Flex at the expansion. With Virt realms going in I don't see how it wouldn't be an option. That would bring things a ton better in my eyes. Since no realm would be that low on population anymore, they could sustain their own pug community for Flex. Anyway, off topic with that...

I don't think the damage is beyond fixing. I think it can and should be fixed. The fixes are something that people will argue tons over but something needs to be done.

I agree with MoanaLisa, Blizzard is already doing what it can to continue to keep WoW an exciting and compelling game to play. There's no realistic way to bring back the "new" feeling that we all had when WoW first hit. It wasn't just the fact that raiding was more difficult, that's a very simplistic way of looking at things. The mechanics of the game have changed so radically since Vanilla and TBC it's almost like comparing apples to oranges at this point.

Most of the changes have been quality of life improvements, although that's technically just my opinion. Yeah, the feeling of epic items actually being "epic" and rare and hard to get has mostly gone away, and for the most part the world of WoW has been explored quite thoroughly by now. But the people still playing are doing so because there are aspects they love; raiding, questing, alts, mini-games, pvp, etc. And until another game company finally manages to introduce the "next big thing" that just completely blows people away, that just leaves your jaw hanging in amazement, WoW is going to continue to dominate.

Although, back when WoW released, going from Everquest to Warcraft was a bigger leap than going from WoW in present day form to a new game might ever be. I can't see what would be so next-gen and off the charts that it would make WoW look pathetic in comparison unless we're talking some radical new technology in addition to a truly original idea.

Whoa - What a new, exciting and totally original thread that has never appeared on MMO-Champion before! Please, tell us more about how Blizzard should listen to your unprofessional, ignorant and narrow minded opinion when developing their multi-billion dollar game?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You're right I think. I've been saying for a few years now--pretty much since the very end of Wrath--that the most dangerous thing in the game for Blizzard was the cancer that eats away at their subscribers is the bad apples in the community and Blizzard's apparent reluctance to really do anything about it. I can sympathize with their position in one way though: I personally wouldn't have a clue as to how to cut those people out of a herd numbering many millions. But community self-policing only goes so far and after a number of attempts to do the right thing to no visible effect, people will simply say 'Fuck it', turn off trade and move on.

It's a very bad thing and while Blizzard makes nice noises about it from time to time, actions speak louder than words and there's little in the way of visible action.

One of the problems is that Blizzard is running stuff like this in the same way they always have. 2013 is not 2006/2007 and not changing with the times in this respect is killing them.
    Yep as I said it was one of the main reasons why I stopped playing and why everyone I know besides 2 people stopped playing and like I said with so many good F2p/B2p mmo's poping up the choice to pay for one monthly is getting harder and harder.

And In my opinion if it is not done by the end of this xpac I feel that blizzard will be laying down the ground work in the next xpac to ether go 100% f2p or F2p/P2p for the xpac after that because if the rate of subs dropping stay's the way it is they will hit zero within 5 years. Its also why I feel they took so many people off titan because they want them to help wow come up with way's it can stay afloat. I always felt if WOW went f2p in some wow blizzard may be the best company to full it off but at the same time they could be the worse only time will tell on that.

One thing blizzard could have done is if you been reported so many times all your toons on your account went to a special server and you had to forever play there with everyone else who acted like you. But such systems will require many of man hours to keep for abusing and in my personal opinion blizzard has gotten to the point they want to max profit with little effort.

CRZ and V-Realms setup to me is a band aid and not fixing the problem. Blizzard should Marge servers but they don't want to because they lose a lot of extra income for doing nothing. There is no reason to have as many servers on both EU or US that WOW has.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-07 at 08:53 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    CRZ and V-Realms setup to me is a band aid and not fixing the problem. Blizzard should Marge servers but hey don't want to because they lose a lot of extra income for doing nothing. There is no reason to have as many servers on both EU or US that WOW has.
    It doesn't really make any sense for them to close servers now just to have to probably reopen them again later on when they pull the trigger on F2P. What they're doing is better for them since it's a solution that allows them to manage traffic patterns as people come and go. Vrealms are a prime example of what I think they're doing to prepare for an eventual shift to another revenue model. It's there when they need it. No rush, no fuss.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It doesn't really make any sense for them to close servers now just to have to probably reopen them again later on when they pull the trigger on F2P. What they're doing is better for them since it's a solution that allows them to manage traffic patterns as people come and go. Vrealms are a prime example of what I think they're doing to prepare for an eventual shift to another revenue model. It's there when they need it. No rush, no fuss.
    I get what you mean kinda like what GW2 did so its less traffic on the main servers so less chance of crashing servers and what not. But my thing is that I don't think they had this mind set before CRZ happen and people have been asking for server mergers ever since Cata if not in wrath.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    When MMO's first became popular people who played them were vastly invested in the game and world, and nearly everyone (whether they realized it or not) were partaking in some type of RP. I realized this when thinking about what made vanilla such a memorable experience for me personally. Thinking stuff like "I can't wait to learn that ability" or "I can't go to that place yet, it's dangerous and scary as hell" and so forth. That doesn't happen at all anymore when leveling or out in the world.

I think that was due to simply being "forced" into the world more before, without much help/tips from Blizzard. You were forced to spend a lot more time in each zone, questing/traveling/killing/downtime all took a lot longer back then. Compared to as it is today when mobs die in about 2 or 3 abilities, downtime doesn't exist, you can travel across the largest zones in the game in less than a minute, and only need to do ~10 quests in a (low level) zone before being done with it and moving on to the next. It simply leaves one feeling detached and absent from the world.

Blizzard realized most people don't want to invest a lot of time and energy in a video game, they want to just log in and have fun whilst playing it. This is what we know from single player games, they don't have queues, they don't have grinds, so why should MMO's? But I actually think they need those things to make it feel like a real world you're living in, if you don't spend at least some time just traveling, grinding (working toward something) it just wont happen.

That's why I feel detached when playing now, and it's obvious the player base of the game has shifted dramatically from pure MMO/fantasy/warcraft fans to I don't know... something resembling a FIFA or counter strike game lobby. Verbal diarrhea spewing, aggressive, trolling people outnumber the kind/helpful people by far.

It's really down to opinion though, and a game catering to people wanting to actually spend time in a virtual world, be part of a community etc is NEVER going to be as big or successful as a game catering to people who just want to log in, enjoy some action (and troll some other people in the process) and then log out again.

This isn't a casual/hardcore discussion and I don't think raiding has anything to do with the what's making WoW less enjoyable for a lot of people at the moment. I do however think it's wrong of Blizzard to force it on people at max level. There should be a rewarding single player questing system at max level, there should be difficult 5 man dungeouns (mini raid if you will) that take hours to complete and having awesome loot too. There should be options, but I digress and that's another topic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Effectively at this point there's really only one really important and influential P2P game: WoW.
    I think of WoW as the Facebook of MMOs.

7 or 8 years ago it would have been the Myspace of MMOs.

Basically, WoW outlived Myspace and Altavista and Yahoo. Clearly this is not an enterprise operated by idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?

Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    8 Million active subscribers after 9 years of the same old design and engine doesn't need a fix, it needs an award.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    8 Million active subscribers after 9 years of the same old design and engine doesn't need a fix, it needs an award.
    You wonder why pretty much everyone doesn't see this.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with wow, your thread title should read: Any chance of Blizzard making wow to cater to my personal needs and the answer is a big resounding NO.

I don't mind that casuals get to see the content. However, it would be nice for Blizzard to keep titles for current content only. Mounts I can sort of understand because they keep people going back to do old content, but do most people really need that title? Plenty of other titles in game you can get. Tier should be a normal/heroic thing as well. Design a set of gear that only drops in LFR. Hell give them the bonuses, I don't care.

I like to stand out in the game. Many people simply don't care that I have awesome gear, but I care, and I know there are others who are in a similar mindset. Blizzard has been taking more and more away from raiders, so it would be nice of them to throw us a bone and give somethings back that in the end really don't matter to casuals.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually quit because it was too time consuming to gear up for raid finder. I've been playing since 2004. Thank you, have a nice time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I like to stand out in the game. Many people simply don't care that I have awesome gear, but I care, and I know there are others who are in a similar mindset. Blizzard has been taking more and more away from raiders, so it would be nice of them to throw us a bone and give somethings back that in the end really don't matter to casuals.
    The only person who likes you better because you stand out -- in WoW -- is you.

Your elite friends don't care. The hoi polloi doesn't care. The only person whose sexual organs become engorged at the sight of your titles and gear is you.

So, I have to ask, are you really that special? Should the game really cater to you?

Deleted
    The thing I hate most about modern WoW is how its become completely meta. The game used to make a good effort to hide it mechanics and stay immersive, but now everything has become about playing the game as efficiently as possible and explaining to the players how the mechanics work rather than letting them find out. The game always had grind, and maybe the game has less of it now, but what is left is pretty much left completely bare for the player to see. Its like going on a disneyland ride with all the lights turned on and decor removed so you can see the machinery of the ride.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What sub decline?

This is the most player MMORPG, there's nothing to fix.

They simply decided to make players put a little of effort in order to achieve things, and that scared people.

Plus the fact that it's SUMMER, therefore, just as ALWAYS, players stop playing wow right before the summer (some of us go to the uni and have exams wooot!) and then again, summer...

People come to the forums complaining or opening new threads about "fix wow", "subs going down", bla bla... see the last years, it's always been the same, "wow is about to die!", hell, it's been dying for 5 years already and yet it's the most popular and played mmo...

In my honest opinion, people should stop giving ducks about the subs. Play the game if you enjoy it, stop if you don't. Plain simple. There's nothing to fix, there are "no bugs" (nearly), graphics are good and gameplay is smooth (no game beats wow when it comes down to the word "smooth").

I am not a fan boy. My opinions talk about it, I'd obliterate LFR, the new crap raid format, and all the current ways of raiding and I'd leave just one. But hey, the game would be better, but Blizzard would lose millions of players! So no, not a fan boy, just a layer who doesn't care about the amount of players because right now, it's too damn high to worry about it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    I actually quit because it was too time consuming to gear up for raid finder. I've been playing since 2004. Thank you, have a nice time.
    You've got to be kidding me a fresh 90 can get into LFR so fast It's not even funny n.n

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Agreed, but it's a lack of proper moderation as to why a million of these threads exist.
    Quoted for truth.

Again without those threads there would be nothing happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The only person who likes you better because you stand out -- in WoW -- is you.

Your elite friends don't care. The hoi polloi doesn't care. The only person whose sexual organs become engorged at the sight of your titles and gear is you.

So, I have to ask, are you really that special? Should the game really cater to you?
    You sound rather angry. It is simply my opinion. When I see someone with a title I don't have, or a mount, or gear, my "sexual organs become engorged" just a little bit. I highly doubt I am the only person in all of WoW who is impressed by something they have not achieved for whatever reason. It is less common today then it used to be, but I would get whispers about my gear, mount, titles back in the day, and it made me feel good. Is that really so wrong?

Again, I don't mind that people get to see the content, but why is denying them a title or some gear asthetics so wrong? Hell, they already do that with challange modes and the Brawler's Guild, not to mention previous unobtainable titles/mounts. They have access to all the current content just like anyone else, so why not reward the people who put more effort into the game with trivial vanity items/titles?
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2013-07-07 at 11:23 AM.

Irony:

Elitists cry that "casuals" ruined WoW.

Cataclysm, Blizzard listened to the elitists, and their subs dropped like crazy.

Wrath, most accessible expansion yet, WoW in its hayday.

Odd.......

Its almost like, and stay with me here, because it's going to kick you in your hillbilly ass (name that quote), that the more accessible the game is, the better it does!