Loot Spec set to Assassination, still getting loot for Combat?

Hello, as a rogue my loot spec is set to "assassination" but I'm getting swords and fist weapons. Is this working as intended?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Maybe it goes by role and equipability rather than by strict spec? Not sure.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The loot spec stuff is more "dps/heal/tank" not so much specific stuff.

Mut can use a sword and fist for things too, it's not exclusively daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post

ToT drops were changed so that Assassination would not win non-dagger weapons, since you can't be assassination without two daggers. Blizzard must have broken something with the loot specializations, or decided to change something since the hotfix a few months ago.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much this, Its really goes by your role.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    ToT drops were changed so that Assassination would not win non-dagger weapons, since you can't be assassination without two daggers. Blizzard must have broken something with the loot specializations, or decided to change something since the hotfix a few months ago.
    You just can't mutiliate. Sometimes DPS is higher with a sword equipped as assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    I got a fist in ToES and a sword from the Hscen bag.

Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

May 10th
    Assassination Rogues should no longer be receiving non-dagger agility weapons from bonus rolls and Raid Finder.
    Obviously something has changed since then.

You just can't mutiliate. Sometimes DPS is higher with a sword equipped as assassination.
    You realize Mutilate replaces Sinister Strike as assassination, and requires 2 daggers to use? Not being able to use your combo-generating abilities sure will help your DPS out a lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the Dungeon Journal's loot list with the filter set to Assassination. If it shows the swords/axes/maces/fists in the list, then yes, it's intended. Certainly sounds like something to post about on the official forums, though.

And that's wronger than wrong. There is no combo point generator if you can't mut.
    Last edited by Revolutions; 2013-07-07 at 07:12 PM.

I'm not sure how you got the fist in ToES that definitely should be dropping only daggers for you. But, the Heroic scen. bag does not work that way - I too have gotten a fist and sword from the heroic scen box. When I put in a ticket I got a auto-response telling me they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. They cannot do anything about what I got already.

About not being about to Mut: What you don't like building combo points with Shiv?
    /sarcasm

If you are talking about heroic scenario satchel, I made a ticket two months ago and they said "it is a know issue" and they are "looking into it".

In lfr I never got a weapon other than daggers when set to assassination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked the Dungeon Journal on my rogue. It looks like they did change it so that only daggers drop for Assassination from ToT but not from the 5.0 raids. Like I said, post about it on the official forums so they can look into fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    And that's wronger than wrong. There is no combo point generator if you can't mut.
    Apparently no one has told you you can switch weapons while in combat.

It is a known bug and I hope they fix it soon. Hate getting combat weps when I need a new dagger grrr haha

It's a known bug. I contacted a GM about it. Unfortunately, I received a nice 516 mace out of my Heroic Scenario chest, but have no use for it as Assassination. He was unable to replace it with a dagger, but noted it's a bug and they are planning on fixing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are either trolling or intentionally spreading misinformation.

If you are Assassination, you use 2x daggers. Wasting a GCD (plus resetting the swing timer) on a weapon swap for every CP finisher is not a viable way to dps. Looking at your Rogue it is clear you have no PvE experience and next to no PvP experience.

Please don't post about things that you clearly don't understand whatsoever.
    Last edited by Espe; 2013-07-07 at 10:08 PM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Please, stop.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have also received a fist weapon from LFR as Assassination and my rogue has only been 90 for four weeks so this problem still exists.