Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

South Sea's Maelstrom expansion BETTER OPTION than Burning Legion

Frankly I feel like that whole 'undefeatable god' that you will then spend the expansion farming trope is a bit tired, we've had Arthas, we've had the 'end of the world' scenario done and covered with cataclysm, if anything that whole 'join together alliance and horde to defeat your greatest enemy yet! has never felt so overused. The Burning Legion arriving feels like an end that they can't top once they pop it.

Oh you defeated Sargaras? Our next expansion is a sky expansion, where you fight sky pirates. See? It doesn't make sense on a progressive level. If anything I just don't think they should play the Burning Legion card yet, if ever.

Now... The South Seas! The Seas around the Maelstrom! Island-hopping! and exploration! They could add goddamn guild owned big ass boats which you can upgrade and decorate and colonise islands for your guild and hey, where's Azshara yknow? You've got Undermine and loads of big fucking islands out there already in the lore, make a explorative expansion, add new dimensions to the gameplay, aint nothing like guild owned boats that will bring back guild identity within servers. Keep your fantasy tied down a bit and the big moments will actually feel big instead of 'oh look another demigod, lets farm'

South Seas Maelstrom expansion is the better option, fact, and no this isn't subjective, for the reasons outlined its a better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Burning Legion expansion does not automatically mean that we'll get to fight Sargeras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    A Burning Legion expansion does not automatically mean that we'll get to fight Sargeras.
    Indeed. I mean, see The Burning Crusade for details.

Deleted
    It's still a given that Sargeras would be the primary antagonist. Besides that your point is irrelevant to mine, you can't top Sargares as a threat, how can you possibly expand on sargeras when you go to create a following expansion after?

You can't without butchering the sense of progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSubhuman View Post
    It's still a given that Sargeras would be the primary antagonist. Besides that your point is irrelevant to mine, you can't top Sargares as a threat, how can you possibly expand on sargeras when you go to create a following expansion after?

By that logic it's weird that we killed Deathwing then went after a Virmen in a dungeon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This is the biggest point against us fighting Sargeras next expansion. You simply can't top him. Its impossible. Think how powerful Illidan became when he went demon.... and he was just a Night Elf. Now imagine a Titan, the main champion of the titan's against the demons even, getting that same boost. Can't even imagine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason they are called the "Legion." They cover thousands of worlds with an almost endless army. The next invasion will not be "the big one" that ends it all because that fight will never happen. Even if we killed Sargaras for good it would only result in a power vacuum and have little to no effect in the long run. A new demon will just take his place, his absence hasn't stopped them in the past and it won't in the future.

That said, I wouldn't be that upset if it was something else. They could do a lot with other story lines if they want to.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Frankly I feel like that whole 'undefeatable god' that you will then spend the expansion farming trope is a bit tired, we've had Arthas, we've had the 'end of the world' scenario done and covered with cataclysm, if anything that whole 'join together alliance and horde to defeat your greatest enemy yet! has never felt so overused. The Burning Legion arriving feels like an end that they can't top once they pop it.

Oh you defeated Sargaras? Our next expansion is a sky expansion, where you fight sky pirates. See? It doesn't make sense on a progressive level. If anything I just don't think they should play the Burning Legion card yet, if ever.

Now... The South Seas! The Seas around the Maelstrom! Island-hopping! and exploration! They could add goddamn guild owned big ass boats which you can upgrade and decorate and colonise islands for your guild and hey, where's Azshara yknow? You've got Undermine and loads of big fucking islands out there already in the lore, make a explorative expansion, add new dimensions to the gameplay, aint nothing like guild owned boats that will bring back guild identity within servers. Keep your fantasy tied down a bit and the big moments will actually feel big instead of 'oh look another demigod, lets farm'

South Seas Maelstrom expansion is the better option, fact, and no this isn't subjective, for the reasons outlined its a better option.
    Well most people think the Titans are great guys, but for all we know they want to destroy us when they see all the shit that happened during their absence.
    So imho it is either:
    Burning Legion #1 -> South Sea Expansion (N'zoth/Aszhara) -> Burning Legion + Sargeras and maybe us meeting the Pantheon
    Burning Legion with Sargeras -> South Sea Expansion -> vs The Pantheon (if they want to wipe us out, I would be affraid if our former champion was killed by mere mortals)

Deleted
    Maybe, but many are begging for a legion expansion, including myself, as we've been stuck on Azeroth for the last three expansions. A whole new world would be a breath of fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    This is the biggest point against us fighting Sargeras next expansion. You simply can't top him. Its impossible. Think how powerful Illidan became when he went demon.... and he was just a Night Elf. Now imagine a Titan, the main champion of the titan's against the demons even, getting that same boost. Can't even imagine.
    Who says we have to top him?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    By that logic it's weird that we killed Deathwing then went after a Virmen in a dungeon.
    Deathwing aint shit compared to Sargeras. They cannot in right mind attend that there is ANY sense of progression if they pulled the same leap.

Okay, two things mainly...

Frankly I feel like that whole 'undefeatable god' that you will then spend the expansion farming trope is a bit tired...

where's Azshara yknow?
    Okay, maybe she isn't quite Sargaras level but she'd be every bit the unstoppable monster most expansion end bosses are built up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSubhuman
    That sounds entirely subjective... not saying the notion of guild housing (of sorts) isn't fun and stuff but saying this expansion notion you've had is objectively better than any Legion based expansion is totally and completely subjective.

15+ Year Old Account

Just because we have a few known big bads out there does not mean Sargeras is the end of the game. WoW is not linear in that respect. We could kill all the known big bads right now and there are innumerable possibilities of where to go from there. As we see with the Jailer of the Damned, Wrathion, the turning of Malygos/Garrosh/Varimathras, the alternate versions of Nozdormu/Sylvanas/Jaina/Baine, etc, there are infinite possibilities in the story. There will always be conflict. Killing Ragnaros does not mean there will never be a prime Firelord again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno both sound fun to me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Okay, two things mainly...

Okay, maybe she isn't quite Sargaras level but she'd be every bit the unstoppable monster most expansion end bosses are built up to be.

That sounds entirely subjective... not saying the notion of guild housing (of sorts) isn't fun and stuff but saying this expansion notion you've had is objectively better than any Legion based expansion is totally and completely subjective.
    Nope, it isn't. I've detailed why.

Deleted

It's not a "given" until Blizzard utters the words "this will be final expansion". Until then, they can do what they like.

10+ Year Old Account

Just look at TBC. A burning legion themed expansion without Sargeras. Yes, Sargeras is the ultimate threat, but that does not mean that we will get to fight him. The end boss could just be an other one of his lieutenants.

So how about if every force allied and came together. Naaru, demigods, hero characters like Malfurion, Thrall, etc?

Sargeras is strong, but not -that- strong. He's just one demon empowered Pantheon. He doesn't even have his full blade right now due to his corruption. Want to see impossible odds? Imagine the full Pantheon as an enemy.

Going by your logic, we shouldn't be able to top Old Gods, or hell just about anything we've topped the last few expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    There's a reason they are called the "Legion." They cover thousands of worlds with an almost endless army. The next invasion will not be "the big one" that ends it all because that fight will never happen. Even if we killed Sargaras for good it would only result in a power vacuum and have little to no effect in the long run. A new demon will just take his place, his absence hasn't stopped them in the past and it won't in the future.

That said, I wouldn't be that upset if it was something else. They could do a lot with other story lines if they want to.
    I think you need to read your lore again buddy.
    You can't just pick up another random Titan again to lead your Legion.

I agree so much. Wrathion says he sees danger coming. But that doesn't mean its coming right now