Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think PvP healing is fun?

Hi all,

Having never PvP'd before, I'm thinking about bring my resto druid into some random BGs in order to try them out. I have heard from several people in game that being a healer in PvP isn't fun anymore because you're practically permanently CC'd any time you attempt to heal because of all the different kinds of CC that don't go into diminishing returns with each other. I really don't like to DPS on any of my characters and would rather not have to DPS in BGs. What has been your experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    In randoms you are running around, singing happy songs and healing with no problems most of times. People there do not focus healers. But in rated you will be stunlocked to death regulary.
    Last edited by Deffry; 2013-07-08 at 12:33 AM.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    In randoms you are running around, singing happy songs and healing. People there do not fpcus healers. But in rated you will be stunlocked to death regulary.
    Even with competent teammates who try to defend you?

In random BGs resto druids are a lot of fun. Very very mobile and slippery. Easy to pad healing done with rejuvenates and wild growths + good tranquilities. Easy to troll and survive solo without a decent team.

it was fun.....before they added the passive mortal strike debuff

10+ Year Old Account
    It is quite long way from pvp newcomer to player, who can be called competetent. And problem is, that although you will have decent team mates you have to have decent skills too. Healer who doesnt know propper positioning etc. will be in great danger no matter who his team mate is.
    Last edited by Deffry; 2013-07-08 at 12:40 AM.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

I'm enjoying pvp on my disc priest, having never played a healer before now. Random battlegrounds might not be the best way to experience healing in pvp, there might be 7 people zerging you or mass cc'ing you.
    Arenas are alot more fun.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm not good enough to play a Healer or any caster. I'm better at just tunneling damage with one of the many mindless melee classes.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i used to love healing before it turned into having to cc the healer for eternity. theres no forgiveness if you stick out from a pillar in arena for 2 seconds. i liked it when it was more about conserving mana, but now its sheep sheep sheep fear fear fear stun stun stun your partner is now dead.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

yes, i play a resto druid, holy pala, mistweaver, disc priest and resto shaman in pvp. They're all great fun, but i tend to prefer druid/monk for mobility though, nothing worse then being trained endlessly by melee. Rather get oneshot now and then when i get caught without a trinket.

It used to be fun.

Its more frustrating than anything now. Healers are extremely strong in random bgs, I need at least 2 geared and fairly competent dps on me to feel threatened. Its frustrating because although I can keep everyone around me alive, more often then not they can't kill anything (as the other team's healers are just as strong). Sitting there healing and surviving is all well and good but having teammates who can't kill anything is more frustrating than not having a healer. Sometimes you don't feel like you can sway a fight one way or the other, like if I was on my DK steamrolling people I would contribute more than keeping up randoms who can't drop people below 80%.

I still enjoy healing in pvp though, especially with friends. I'm very content with sitting back and making sure they can wreck everything while I basically oversee and manage a fight.

And I dont understand why people think you get cc'd in random bgs; healers barely ever get cc'd because people are either hitting you or don't realize your healing or I am cc'ing them right back. You get focused often but unless they vastly outgear you or are a skilled player with backup its not even a problem most of the time.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-07-08 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    In randoms you are running around, singing happy songs and healing with no problems most of times. People there do not focus healers. But in rated you will be stunlocked to death regulary.
    I completely disagree with this, whenever I heal in random BGs I get blown up by 3-4 enemies within like 5 seconds from casting a healing spell. People are either underestimating others in random BGs or I have had really bad luck with PvP healing since MoP hit because I am quite often CC-d to death as soon as I start healing.

Healing in random BGs is -ok- but it is a lot better if you have someone who will reliably peel for you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just did my first BG. Stun, silence, stun, fear, dead.

Had a bad time.

Yeah i hate PVP healing. A lot.
    It's just not for me

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it on my monk. I feel like my resto druid of lost something, but my monk is so fun to play.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Well, I just did my first BG. Stun, silence, stun, fear, dead.

Had a bad time.
    How is that different than a melee? stun -> root -> fear - > root -> knockback -> dead. Or a caster: stun -> silence -> fear -> interrupt -> dead.

Maybe its wow's playstyle now that you don't like?

Depending on what healer you are and what class is attacking you, you can easily counter pretty much anyone in a random bg save for 2k+ experience players with full gear. Depending on which healer you are you can have more cc than the dps cc'ing you, all about how you play. My disc rarely ever dies in bgs, only time is 3+ dps on me with no teammates around which basically means I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It feels like usage of HHTD in random bgs has gone down a bit compared to ~a year ago.

Now I can often heal relatively unmolested as long as I don't use any visible spells - but one penance or PoM and I have 3 enemy dps on my back.

How "fun" healing in random bgs is depends greatly on the bg - something like Ararthi Basin where the teams split up between several locations can be very satisfying whereas Temple of Kotmogu is in my experience almost guaranteed to be awful.
    Last edited by florestan; 2013-07-08 at 06:18 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this isn't for me.

Being super competitive, I'm just one of those people who can't have fun if I lose. I can't see this getting any better.

I have the full honor gear, and the next step up is like what, 20 ilvl? Yeah. It's not going to make much difference if I get a full set because I'll still be sitting in the same CC chains. I can't believe people enjoy this shit. Just got out of a BG where I just melted when attacked by 2 DPS.