Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Just like Baine

If you want to know what happen, the story will be in the book, we won't have a new warchief in game

This is how it will go down.

Vol'jin will defeat Garrosh, then some radical Gnome will chuck a spear at Vol'jin. Vol'jin dies, Thrall arrives randomly and he becomes warchief.

Deleted
    Hope is Vol'jin.

Yeah, I don't like the new "horde" too much.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-07-07 at 05:59 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did say it was "Going to be a surprise." They could resurrect Anduin as a forsaken and make him the warchief. That would be soooo bad, lorewise but so funny if they did do it.

Why does the Horde have a warchief in the first place?

Is it a hold over from Orcish organization which places a Warchief at the top?

The horde, as a coalition of largely "free" races dedicated to defend themselves, almost fits the idea of removing the in-the-wrong-hands-tyranny of the mantle of Warchief and instead to that of a council and larger decision making body where each race has equal representation. While races joined the "Alliance" the "Horde" as an Azerothian entity is created as small units becoming equals and something larger than themselves.

An interesting bit of text from the wowpedia article on the organization of the Horde:

"All members of the Horde have to swear a blood oath to join the Horde and are thus obligated to follow the warchief's commands and support the warchief in war if the warchief calls upon them for aid. The position of warchief can be attained by having the previous warchief chose a successor or challenging the current warchief to a Mak'gora: a prearranged duel with deadly weapons between two people following a formal procedure in the presence of witnesses and traditionally fought until one party yields or is killed, usually to settle a quarrel involving a point of honor. Above all else, the title warchief is granted to those who display strength and decisive action. Warchiefs must be able to gain respect via combat effectiveness and martial conquests but also have enough tact to keep the Horde united and stable."

The most interesting, and foreshadowing line here is that "the title of warchief is granted to those who display strength and decisive action. Warchiefs must be able to gain respect via combat effectiveness and martial conquests but also have enough tact to keep the Horde united and stable." With the leaders of the Horde sects going to battle WITH Garrosh, they are effectively challenging his rule in a non-traditional form of the Mak'gora. As each leader is displaying the strength of decisive action, and gaining respect through the combat of the Siege, in ORDER to keep the Horde united and stable by removing the tyrannical and destructive force of Garrosh, it seems it could follow that the title of Warchief could effectively be displaced, or at least granted to not just a single ruler, but the group of faction leaders proving themselves as "warchiefs" in the revolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Orcs wouldn't follow Vol'jin, I don't see it. And half of them are all Garrosh extremists. They would have to do a purge of Org in order for him to be sitting the throne.
    ...I thought that what the point of killing the raid trash?

I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...I thought that what the point of killing the raid trash?

Agreed.

Most who are willing to actually make a fight of it will have come down with a case of being dead and will be unable to do so. There will probably be a few troublemakers, but when has any race been utterly united behind their racial leader?

Overall there's little reason to assume that the Orcs who don't support Garrosh are still so excessively racist that they'd refuse to follow anyone who wasn't an Orc regardless of what said person has done for the Horde. When Vol'jin's revolutionaries rolled into Razor Hill, they were practically cheered on. In 5.4 there are even Orcs abandoning Orgrimmar to go to Razor Hill, which is currently ruled by Vol'jin.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    That is a very likely candidate. Blizzard doesnt know how to hide their stuff, really, they dont. It was pretty clear that garrosh was going to be the next warchief, ie being forced on us left and right in wotlk, and then he had his own novel. Voljin is forced on us in the very same manner, but hes less whiny and stuck up.

The two likely candidates are Voljin and Saurfang, Voljin more so. Unlikely is Lorthemar. Another likely scenario is a "War Council," Like the Dwarves have.
    Vol'jin's model isn't of the same quality as Thrall's or Garrosh'. So if quality of a model is anything to go by then Vol'jin is ruled out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Vol'jin's model isn't of the same quality as Thrall's or Garrosh'. So if quality of a model is anything to go by then Vol'jin is ruled out.
    when it comes down to it, Thrall and Garrosh are the most updated models in terms of animation and features. The only other ones are pandaren and mantid. Ones like vol'jin, jaina, varian and anduin, are just the same models, just with an updated texture. Well Thrall and garrosh has new animations and texture, the others are just the same old with a new coat of paint over it.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Vol'jin's model is newer than Thralls
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If vol'jin becomes the next warchief I won't be pleased. I'd rather be conquered by the alliance and have to call a human king than call him warchief.

Deleted
    I cant believe how people have missed this video:
    http://youtu.be/kvRb5tSR4Qw?t=8m25s

According to this, we will get out Thrall back on the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    no one really want to see Thrall on throne again. He lost our support after forcing this monkey to be leader of the Horde. And now we need to clean up his fails. To make him back to throne? God damn NO.

I just want a situation like;

the new warchief is planning

orc comes in

BLOOD AND THUNDER DERP DERP DERP

and the new warchief is like

SIT THE FRACK DOWN! YOU LOT JUST CAUSED A LOT OF DAMAGE, CAN IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    I cant believe how people have missed this video:
    http://youtu.be/kvRb5tSR4Qw?t=8m25s

According to this, we will get out Thrall back on the throne.
    Actually Blizzard backtracked on those statements just a week or two after they made them and have since been ambiguous on the subject. It's possible they'll go forward with Thrall anyways, but it's by no means a guarantee.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh i can guess who will be next warchief, Thrall's son.
    a) either is born and in some magic way becomes teenager and is BFF's with Anduin.
    b) after killing Garrosh Thrall's grown up son pops out of the portal ( from the future of course ), and warns them about legion coming and how they failed to stop them in his time, quote follows: "Listen, and understand. That Legion is out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." And BAM he's titled warchief and is in charge of leading the Horde!
    GENIUS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    no one really want to see Thrall on throne again. He lost our support after forcing this monkey to be leader of the Horde. And now we need to clean up his fails. To make him back to throne? God damn NO.
    Atleast he recognizes his mistakes and is facing them head on to make things right. And he has been here since day one and is strong and charismatic enough to be a leader. Unlike the sniveling, loin cloth wearing, bad breathed whimp, that is Vol'jin.

The only thing Vol'jin has been good at was that when he was conceived he was the fastest sperm.

Either put Thrall back in charge or if not him then Saurfang. Id rather see alliance burn the whole the orgrimmar to the ground than see that pathetic troll on the throne.