Thread: Frost mage help

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost mage help

Hey guys,

recently I transferred my frost mage to alliance in order to play with old friends and I am kind of tired of being considered the Kuwabara in the grp when it comes to pvp. I consistently lose duels and freeze up when I am being trained.

Is there any tips that can help me practice pvp until I get better?

I have everything mostly keybound and i am in malevolent/tyranical gear.

Just keep going, not much you can do if you lack experience besides practice.

Deleted
    Practice and watch videos. And just keep playing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy 2 tips: Deep freeze and spam ice lance into it. Secondly, when you can't get a cast off: Frozen orb at the player or players, this creates fingers of frost procs for nice ice lance damage.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Easy 2 tips: Deep freeze and spam ice lance into it. Secondly, when you can't get a cast off: Frozen orb at the player or players, this creates fingers of frost procs for nice ice lance damage.
    Should Deep freeze and ice lance spam be my primary attacks when im free to cast?

Does the trick where you time your pet freeze to land a split second before frostbolt still work? So basically Frostbolt>pet freeze right as it lands> follow up with Ice lance. This way they cant trinket the pet nova until its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Should Deep freeze and ice lance spam be my primary attacks when im free to cast?
    You want to try and line up all your procs because thats why people think mages are OP. Best case scenario would be having brainfreeze and fingers of frost up so you can land 4-5 spells in a matter of seconds and even better if you catch them in a deepfreeze or pet nova them into a ring of frost.

Also you can always try finding some hard hitting mobs and trying to kite 4-5 them in tight spots. Obviously wont be as good as actual players but should work for getting used to incoming damage and trying to stay calm while getting away.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-07-08 at 11:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    When you are free to cast, it's better to cast Frost Bolt into Deep Freeze. For instance, you can do this:

Frost Bomb
    Pop Icy Veins + Frozen Orb
    Start casting Frost Bolt
    Root enemy with pet Freeze
    As Frost Bolt finishes, immediately cast Deep Freeze
    Frost Bolt
    Frost Bolt
    Deep freeze finishes, you now likely have 2 Ice Lance procs + 1 Brain Freeze proc
    Alter time
    Spam instants

This will do a boatload of damage. However, don't bother spending too much time learning this rotation, because next patch the only thing we will be doing is spamming instants.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-07-09 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    This will do a boatload of damage. However, don't bother spending too much time learning this rotation, because next patch the only thing we will be doing is spamming instants.
    Thats fine with me. Wasnt it pre-Cata launch where frost mages were landing 100k+ ice lances and then even higher at 85? I will take that all day long.