Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Baseline interrupt!

Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101..._Live-7_8_2013
    Last edited by Gungrave; 2013-07-09 at 01:30 AM.

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Apparently they edited it in after Rygarius tweeted about it so I missed it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Good solution to a relatively minor issue, but nice to see. Definitely better than the initially proposed glyph solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Good solution to a relatively minor issue, but nice to see. Definitely better than the initially proposed glyph solution.
    perfect solution, at least they listened to most of the hunters, this need it to happen long time ago, heck i even think that MM dosnt need silencing shot.

now pray counter shot have no travel time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surge, another spell to find room for on my action bar?

Happy we got one, but I already feel like I got too many buttons as hunter.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post

your telling me you didn't have silencing shot on your bar

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post

is going to take place of the OLD silencing shot, no need for new keybind.

So basically, as long as you cry hard enough on the forums they will cave in for about anything? Really not needed with the Glyph of Scattered Thoughts but shrug.

Squeeled when I saw this XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    So basically, as long as you cry hard enough on the forums they will cave in for about anything? Really not needed with the Glyph of Scattered Thoughts but shrug.
    I think it kinda is. I wouldnt want to have to give up scattershot jsut to be able to interrupt a spell.
    So, scattertrapping is still possible

So, it's basically "silencing shot", for all specs, but with a different name. I kinda liked "silencing shot" more :|
    Still, thank god some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    So, it's basically "silencing shot", for all specs, but with a different name. I kinda liked "silencing shot" more :|
    I actually like the name counter shot a lot more.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Silencing Shot is still marksman. It will silence on top of interrupt. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    I think it kinda is. I wouldnt want to have to give up scattershot jsut to be able to interrupt a spell.
    So, scattertrapping is still possible
    You don't Scatter-Trap in PvE. The whole point of changing Silencing Shot was to bring down to earth BM, the new glyphs just allowed Hunters to give up scatter shot to have an interupt in PvE or solo content. Guess we're back to square one.

Well they're still iterating on it, it's the PTR.

Except it's an interrupt, not a silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You don't Scatter-Trap in PvE. The whole point of changing Silencing Shot was to bring down to earth BM, the new glyphs just allowed Hunters to give up scatter shot to have an interupt in PvE or solo content. Guess we're back to square one.
    Obviously. And obviously the old change didn't only impact PvE but PvP aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Obviously. And obviously the old change didn't only impact PvE but PvP aswell.
    It was supposed to impact PvP by nerfing BM as its currently dominating the ladders.

Have you not seen the countless nerfs to BM and hunters in general?? Rediness is a HUGE nerf, our root can be dispelled, silencing shot taken away from BM, and that's on top of all the nerfs we have been receiving all of mop. (Stampede, power shot nerfed, blink strike nerfed? well changed, pvp bonus nerfed, BM lost a 3 sec stun, pet CD's were doubled...) This is a good change. The glyph option was a bad idea and we needed a baseline interrupt. It doesnt silence unless were MM so at least BM will have to use some skill and actually interrupt. Good job blizzard for listening to the community and taking constructive feedback.