Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Alongside your profile picture shows the irony in your post.
    No irony. MoP isn't Warcraft and I miss Warcraft. Since you didn't get it, my profile picture is there to mock fanbois [sic].

The Thunder King I felt like came off as weak because, while he has an interesting backstory, he didn't do anything noteworthy in the PRESENT other than sit in his evil island. It's like they tried to replicate Yogg-Saron, a villain you know nothing about coming into the new continent but learn more about as you level across the zones, do quests and learn the lore, but while Yogg came across as a great and present threat, the Thunder King kind of fell flat because everything he did that was noteworthy was done thousands of years in the past.

The Sha, Mantid and Kor'kron I like though. I don't mind stepping back a bit and lowering the scale of the conflict a little, because honestly you can only keep the escalation up for so long. It's nice, for one expansion, to not be killing off one of the series' most iconic villains and focus on some newer lore. Sure, MoP's story isn't perfect, but I love the change of pace before we inevitably head off after Azshara/N'zoth/Kil'jaeden/Sargeras/whoever is next on the chopping block.

One thing I do miss however, is the neutral cities. And I mean a real, fully fleshed out city like Shattrath or Dalaran, not two cut and paste mini cities. It makes sense I guess considering we're at war this expansion, so a neutral city wouldn't much fit with the Pandaren themselves not having a big capital, but I hope we get another one next expansion since the Horde vs Alliance story will no doubt be toned down after the Siege.

Part of me misses new dungeons, but to be honest even those get old fast when you're chain running them to catch up an alt or to farm valor, so I don't mind them using scenarios instead. Scenarios are one thing I really love about this expansion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    I miss the 5 man grind. I know I'm crazy but to me a huge part of cata was being able to grind dungeons. Not there doesn't seem to be any point to heroic 5 mans.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ypo View Post
    No irony. MoP isn't Warcraft and I miss Warcraft. Since you didn't get it, my profile picture is there to mock fanbois [sic].
    And what exactly makes MoP 'not warcraft?' The presence of Pandaren?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Story leading up to a mega villain. No matter what Bliz writes, I cannot convince myself that Garrosh and his SS Troopers are more of a threat to Azeroth than the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
    I think that is because Garrosh is not the main villain. Garrosh is just the last guy we kill in this expansion which is traditionally been the place for the main villain. I think the villain in MoP is the player and factions that he/she supports.

In spite of the many heroic and powerful deeds, our factions have left Pandaria in ruins and turmoil. I think that was supposed to be the point. Although I don't think Blizzard was able to convey that message very effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think that is because Garrosh is not the main villain. Garrosh is just the last guy we kill in this expansion which is traditionally been the place for the main villain. I think the villain in MoP is the player and factions that he/she supports.

In spite of the many heroic and powerful deeds, our factions have left Pandaria in ruins and turmoil. I think that was supposed to be the point. Although I don't think Blizzard was able to convey that message very effectively.
    No, I think Garrosh is pretty much the main villain. He pushes the war even though most in his faction didn't want it, he treats the non orcs like canon fodder and unearths Pandaria's ancient, dark secrets to use as weapons for orcish conquest. Really the players are only the 'villains' in the Jade Forest, beyond that pretty much everything is pinned on Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying rep items with gold. The double gating mechanism for rep gear is awful and I'm glad they're scrapping it, to an extent, in 5.4.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Longer and harder leveling, it's far too easy now.

Rare mobs being no threat at all.

Group Quests, will add elite zones into this bit (think of that Hinterland's area in vanilla).

Harder 5 mans.

Multiple starter zones and different leveling paths. I would like at least a choice of 2 zones for each level.

Talent point for each ding.

At least they got raids right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena of Annihilation is meant to be the next version of "arenas with weapon rewards" - it might not feel the same (it doesn't to me) and hopefully next expansion will introduce the old style arena, but we can't say, it's not there.

If I remember correctly, I took a warship to Pandaria for the first time, and then there is the portal (same like cata portals from main city) - so O.o huh?

It seems you miss things that can't be missed, since they are present. To your question though, I really miss epic catchup with 5-mans (last tier cata dungeons + zuls were amazing and actually pretty challenging) the same with WotLK ICC dungeons. I also miss epic gems dropping in 5-mans / raids (not only the recipes, but the actual gems, like it used to drop in BC). Aaaaand I miss reputation tabards.... 'nuff said.

But on the other hand, we got plenty of new stuff, scenarios, interesting dailies tied to content and story, world bosses (I love world bosses), tons of rare mobs and even zone event (battlefield: barrens).. I think if they create a mix of these and add something from the past, it could lead to a pretty amazing next expansion. My hopes are still with Blizzard.

Lack of 5 player dungeons and the way the current dungeons are just too easy. I'm not saying they have to be really hard but it's basically impossible to wipe at the moment...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Longer and harder leveling, it's far too easy now.

Rare mobs being no threat at all.
    Most of the rares basically 1 shot you if you don't dodge / interrupt their mechanics and you aren't in raid gear.

Hard 5 man heroics like BC had.

The one thing I do miss is dungeons from BC/Vanilla that required some strategy and planning. Having a hunter kite one of the adds on Drakkisath, actually using CC, longer dungeons like BRD. I understand the design intent behind faster dungeons, but I still miss some of the dungeon runs I did in vanilla and even BC. That said, even in BC as a prot paly I was aoe tanking most stuff in heroics once I got somewhat decent gear anyway so long as my healer was also decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Arena of Annihilation is meant to be the next version of "arenas with weapon rewards" - it might not feel the same (it doesn't to me) and hopefully next expansion will introduce the old style arena, but we can't say, it's not there.

Don't see why it's important to have any of those arena type things. There's too much of just recreating things from the past with different names as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Don't see why it's important to have any of those arena type things. There's too much of just recreating things from the past with different names as it is.
    Yeah, I thought it fit in well as a scenario. Not a big fan of group quests myself because, while they're cool when you have a group for them, they are a pain in the ass when you can't find one, and bringing in a high level friend to help just defeats the purpose of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ypo View Post
    I miss Warcraft. MoP isn't Warcraft.
    me 2 buddy me 2, I'm so sick of killing monkeys, pandas and bunnies
    to me warcraft means: the burning legion, the scourge, Illidan...

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    me 2 buddy me 2
    Again what exactly makes MoP 'not warcraft?' Other than "I don't like it?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Again what exactly makes MoP 'not warcraft?' Other than "I don't like it?"
    nearly everything of MoP didn't exist prior to it, I'd like Blizzard to expand on the original story lines rather than create totally new stuff
    that means: I wanna see the Burning Legion, I wanna fight demons and I wanna learn more of the titans (granted, we got some titan lore this expansion, which was good!) Also the whole acopaclyptic feeling simply isn't there this expansion. to me warcraft always had a dark, grim feeling, now we hunt bunnies, apes and cuddle with pandas, even the mogu don't look frightening at all, only the mantid were cool, but their story ended way too soon imo
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-07-09 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Heroic dungeons. When those dungeons was not the regular mode for last level content.

I miss when we used our CC spells, our defensive spells, etc.

Now we just DPS, AOE tank and overheal.

Remember The Shadowlab, how fun it was!!
    Last edited by reemi; 2013-07-09 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    nearly everything of MoP didn't exist prior to it, I'd like Blizzard to expand on the origional story lines rather than create totally new stuff
    Oh ho, really?

The Sha: the remnants of an old god, expanding on old god lore and having an old god presence without doing an actual full blown third old god.

The Mogu: Expanding on titan lore, another titan made race that went rogue when the curse of flesh hit.

The Mantid: Relatives of the Qiraji and Nerubians, while still having their own unique lore with the klaxxi and paragons.

The main conflict is also the horde/alliance war, ending with the horde rebels and alliance uniting against Garrosh.

The waters of the Vale are linked to the well of eternity.

Everything in MoP ties back to pre existing lore, it's not all a bunch of completely unrelated stuff.

All expansions expand on stuff. Outland and Northrend have a greater variety of landscapes than Warcraft 3 suggested. They introduce new races like the Vrykul and arakkoa.