Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Eh, while I agree - both scenarios seems to.... Definate and concluding.
    It would, so I imagine each one will get an expansion to itself. Not exactly a legion expansion in and of itself (Although this is very likely) or an Azshara expansion (Again, this is the one which most likely won't be). After Blizzard decides to end (Or comically continue them) after the returns, I don't know what I'll look forward to.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    Talent trees! hate these new shits and cant believe some ppl are fooled by the illusion of choice, theres allways one of the three choices thats superior to others.
    Eh, the old talent tree was the definition of illusion of choice. YAY I dinged, 1% more damage on X spell - I FEEL SO STRONG NAOW!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't miss anything. Best PvP expansion ever! And I tried the PvE dailies on Thunder Island yesterday, some great areas on that Island. I went into a door and had to jump on pillars to get to a treasure. Cool stuff. But I haven't seen most of the world, only arenas, bgs and Orgrimmar. Maybe I should explore sometime... or do LFR...
    /Zetsumei

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    imo the legion story is the best story and honestly I believe the reason they made MoP was prolonging the franchise's life expectancy, from a company pov that makes sense.. they use the best stories as a carrot on a stick.. and I chase the carrot
    I think that there are A LOT of reasons as to why they made MoP. That said, I'm not that big a fan of the Legion storyline. I much prefer something more low fantasy and relatable.

Eh, the old talent tree was the definition of illusion of choice. YAY I dinged, 1% more damage on X spell - I FEEL SO STRONG NAOW!
    It's still something better than 6 levels devoid of nothing but random gear upgrades, don't you think? It's a problem Blizzard caused themselves by removing it, and I'm interested to see how they fix it -- if at all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It would, so I imagine each one will get an expansion to itself. Not exactly a legion expansion in and of itself (Although this is very likely) or an Azshara expansion (Again, this is the one which most likely won't be). After Blizzard decides to end (Or comically continue them) after the returns, I don't know what I'll look forward to.
    Quite - Azshara would be the Old God expansion, and the Legion would be, well the Legion expansion :P

- - - Updated - - -

It's still something better than 6 levels devoid of nothing but random gear upgrades, don't you think? It's a problem Blizzard caused themselves by removing it, and I'm interested to see how they fix it -- if at all.
    Neither system was perfect, BUT I prefer the current one. I like waiting for that one level where I can get to pick a talent. Which is basically just the same as the old system, you'd pick random boring 1-5% increase talents until being able to get a new ability.

I also missed an expansion release event.

Though, I absolutely love the recent changes to elder charms. Kill a rare for a key that lets you run a timed scenario gathering coins and keys from chests. Then, use the charms for a very good chance at loot in LFR. I'd say 5.3 has the best gear-catch-up mechanics to date.

But that's me.

Quite - Azshara would be the Old God expansion, and the Legion would be, well the Legion expansion :P
    I'm a fan of Naga and what they incorporate (Warcraft 3 Custom Naga building maps, go!). So I'm hoping they are a big influence throughout the expansion they are in, especially the last raid and quests within the expansion. I don't think I recall any naga appearing in Mists of Pandaria, point me in the direction if Blizzard did though. I'm very loose this expansion, just casually leveling and going by as I wait for the next release.

Neither system was perfect, BUT I prefer the current one. I like waiting for that one level where I can get to pick a talent. Which is basically just the same as the old system, you'd pick random boring 1-5% increase talents until being able to get a new ability.

Of course, but you can't deny (Whatever system Blizzard evolves into) that the removal of talents (And personal skill learning) has produced huge dips in actual progression your character faces in between new talents and abilities that are relevant to your specialization. That's what I'm trying to focus on, constant progression.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2013-07-09 at 07:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    I don't miss anything. Best PvP expansion ever! And I tried the PvE dailies on Thunder Island yesterday, some great areas on that Island. I went into a door and had to jump on pillars to get to a treasure. Cool stuff. But I haven't seen most of the world, only arenas, bgs and Orgrimmar. Maybe I should explore sometime... or do LFR...
    While I don't PvP at all, I'm pretty sure that this is the first time I've seen someone call MoP the best PvP expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    except the Titans empowered races and tasked them with guarding the world they shaped, a world that was allowed to flourish and grow with its malefactors chained beneath the world. They are more than just objective scientists; Azeroth seems almost like a personal stake for them, why they left and haven't returned has yet to be written.
    Azeroth is a giant laboratory, you see that all over the planet, their labs are still their and so is the reset button in Uldum, they wouldn't feel good about purging an entire world, since they have to put so much work into rebuilding it in their image.Would they feel bad maybe, but they would push the button regardless. Azeroth as it is right now is beneath their standard.

I'm a fan of Naga and what they incorporate (Warcraft 3 Custom Naga building maps, go!). So I'm hoping they are a big influence throughout the expansion they are in, especially the last raid and quests within the expansion. I don't think I recall any naga appearing in Mists of Pandaria, point me in the direction if Blizzard did though. I'm very loose this expansion, just casually leveling and going by as I wait for the next release.
    It will be most interesting to see in what direction the Naga will go once Azshara and the old gods are dealt with, that would be quite the identity crisis.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-07-09 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    I think that there are A LOT of reasons as to why they made MoP. That said, I'm not that big a fan of the Legion storyline. I much prefer something more low fantasy and relatable.
    :P then enjoy MoP I guess, to each their own, I hope you see now why I don't like MoP's theme that much, just doesn't feel right to me, but ignoring my feelings, the expansion is great in terms of content (save for the daily grind)

Talent trees! hate these new shits and cant believe some ppl are fooled by the illusion of choice, theres allways one of the three choices thats superior to others.
    I change my talents for different comps I'm facing in arena. It also depends on the bracket I play in and on the partners I play with. I really don't understand your comment. Plus the old talents always had a cookie cutter build, no one ever changed that. Now people change it depending on situations they face in Arena/BG (and I don't know about PvE, because that is too boring for me - I literally fell a sleep during the two times I did Karazhan and never entered a dungeon/raid again)
    /Zetsumei

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I *did* love Vashj'ir. And no, so far MoP is the only expansion without Naga. And yes, it seems like a gigantic brainfart that they just abandoned the whole Neptulon storyline... But eh, much of Cataclysm seemed like a brainfart. A lot of potential and great ideas, but it all just collapsed like a flan in a cubboard.

Deleted
    there was choice a lot u could pick something now and the other in 2 levels also most specs had few if not several "left over" points after u had picked up all the once that were considered more or less mandatory. few example would be shaman instant ghost wolf/+30 healing on next spell after a shock/a heal on dispell and a few more u could pick up and left some out , mages had 0.5 gcd arcane explosion or "improved blink" and a few more... could go on and on

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    :P then enjoy MoP I guess, to each their own, I hope you see now why I don't like MoP's theme that much, just doesn't feel right to me, but ignoring my feelings, the expansion is great in terms of content (save for the daily grind)
    Heh quite so... Though I kinda liked the daily grind, and I'm honestly hoping that we'll have some in 5.4 >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Story leading up to a mega villain. No matter what Bliz writes, I cannot convince myself that Garrosh and his SS Troopers are more of a threat to Azeroth than the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
    They're not supposed to be.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You know what sucks? Sitting on a dock and waiting for a boat to show up.
    You know what sucks even more? Being ported everywhere in something that is supposed to be a world. You are meant to travel through the world, not port from place to place.

I miss a zeppelin/ship as we had in Wrath between Pandaria and Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, I feel that there should have been one for Isle of Thunder too.
    I miss the Ring of Blood that was sadly a Scenario at max level this time around, probably to make the boss fights more exciting in terms of mechanics. A good idea if it had been available before max level perhaps... Love those quests, big chunk of bonus experience if you get a group together and usually a nice reward at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    I change my talents for different comps I'm facing in arena. It also depends on the bracket I play in and on the partners I play with. I really don't understand your comment. Plus the old talents always had a cookie cutter build, no one ever changed that. Now people change it depending on situations they face in Arena/BG (and I don't know about PvE, because that is too boring for me - I literally fell a sleep during the two times I did Karazhan and never entered a dungeon/raid again)
    ok well im talking all about pve i find pvp boring as hell after they introduced resilience and in pve u would pretty much only change depending on if its aoe/single target, spread/stacked

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    I always thought Algalon to be an interesting character. Ultimately I see the Titans as an all encompassing force of nature, nature in a universal sense. A supernova annihilates an entire star system but seeds the universe with elements required for life and whats left comes back together, through chaotic forces, and forms a new star system, so too the Titans wield the capacity for immense destruction as well as amazing powers of creation. I don't think they were counting on life to fight against corrupting forces itself and render their need to obliterate and start over as obsolete. It's just something they should expand upon and hopefully will in following expansions. I think Titans like Eonar and Aman'thul would be beyond impressed with how much these little mortals on Azeroth have accomplished in their absence.
    But what was Algalon, if not a slave? However, I very much agree. We cannot fathom the Titans.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    there was choice a lot u could pick something now and the other in 2 levels also most specs had few if not several "left over" points after u had picked up all the once that were considered more or less mandatory. few example would be shaman instant ghost wolf/+30 healing on next spell after a shock/a heal on dispell and a few more u could pick up and left some out , mages had 0.5 gcd arcane explosion or "improved blink" and a few more... could go on and on
    And most of that is now just baseline abilities. Sure, you could create your own total mish-mash of a talent spec, which was fun - but let's be honest, they often utterly sucked.