Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    like say, I think we can put it down now either being Thrall or vol'jin.

Its just that, if it is vol'jin, will Thrall remain as leader of the orcs, and if thats the case, isn't that kind of reversal of roles? Thrall answering to vol'jin?
    Thrall, an Orc, Answering to Vol'jin, a troll, would lead the Horde out of Garrosh's taint and to a new level of tolerance and prosperity I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Varian has a deep hatred for Orcs, and also a great disdain for Thrall from what I remember. So it's probably going to be Vol'jin...
    Not at all, Thrall and Varian have been sitting around the table alot back in the days, Thrall and Varian are not friends not that at all, but they are not hated to each other, they both know where they stand for and both respect that. Varian does hate Garrosh badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    But he went about it in a very linear and tunnel visioned fashion, where he couldn't understand whatever threats to come, it would take both horde and alliance to do it. and he didn't seem to understand how the horde would never follow a human leader, meaning he doesn't understand the people of either faction at all.
    Hence him learning from this as he noted. Next go-round he's going to take Varian's Lawful Good mentality into account for his next attempt to unite the factions under one banner.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so is it Y'shaarj that's under Ny'alotha, and not N'zoth?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

But he went about it in a very linear and tunnel visioned fashion, where he couldn't understand whatever threats to come, it would take both horde and alliance to do it. and he didn't seem to understand how the horde would never follow a human leader, meaning he doesn't understand the people of either faction at all.
    Wrathion seems to think that the Horde would eventually yield to a human king when forced to, but it would be a bloody process. Whether he's right about that or not is another matter.

Yeah, I wasn't even expecting to get Thrall's sound files until the raid launch. Holding back Vol'jin's after EVERYONE ELSE has been put in pretty much guarantees that he's gonna tell us the biggest spoiler. Wrathion's was pretty spoilery, sort of. Nothing mind blowing.

I'm not expecting the Warchief to be revealed until said final cinematic. Blizz is going to hold it out in front of us until the last second, and they've been pretty good about keeping us guessing. Thrall or Vol'jin at this point.

Wait, has Baine had any sound files for the raid yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian has a deep hatred for Orcs, and also a great disdain for Thrall from what I remember. So it's probably going to be Vol'jin...
    Varian won't decide on who it is, that would cause more rage against the devs from horde players then they can handle. the choice will come from the horde itself, and Varian just gives a thumbs up.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    CALLING IT NOW: Wrathion is actually the vessel Sargeras will use to enter Azeroth. That's why he's been collecting all those Titan artifacts, and talking about them all the time. Power, POWER, POWAH!
    Yeah, and he wanted to prepare the mortal races so he would have a challenge... right?

No. If anything those titan artifacts will be used to make a slave army or something against the legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Hence him learning from this as he noted. Next go-round he's going to take Varian's Lawful Good mentality into account for his next attempt to unite the factions under one banner.
    I doubt it, from that outcry, he just seems petty and unwilling to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post

Wait, has Baine had any sound files for the raid yet?
    actually, no, not in the raid he hasn't.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Tychus Y'shaarj.

I already posted this but Varian doesn't choose the warchief he merely allows another warchief.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Yeah, and he wanted to prepare the mortal races so he would have a challenge... right?

No. If anything those titan artifacts will be used to make a slave army or something against the legion.
    I know those artifacts he has will be used in some way badly for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

ooooh yeah... I forgot he had those...
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, from that outcry, he just seems petty and unwilling to learn.
    Unwilling to learn would mean he'd simply try to get Varian to take over the Horde again. Taking Varian's actions into account for future plans and refusing to leave things to chance is the very essence of learning from his past failures (as he sees things).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Wait, so is it Y'shaarj that's under Ny'alotha, and not N'zoth?
    Eh Not entirely sure, pretty sure Ny'alotha is like the ''capital'' of the old gods madness. So hes just mentioning, dont know if he was actually connected to it. Far as I know the only one in the ocean is Nzoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see Varian giving a thumbs up on Thrall though, so that's the problem. I quite clearly remember all the accusations from Varian against Thrall on how badly he leads the Horde and how he lets all sub-factions run rampant etc...
    Varian was an angry bitch then, he's suppose to have matured.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    also awfully convenient how the troll rebels just so happen to completely fail to hold up their part of the attack plan leading to the alliance to take more casualties
    Yeah, the Darkspear clearly lost their battle on purpose and probably died just to sabotage the Alliance. Didja even think about what you typed before hitting enter?

And to go back on topic, I wouldn't get mad at Wrathion for siding with the Alliance, or at Blizzard for 'ruining a character.' Wrathion blatantly states that he originally thought that Hellscream's Horde would be victorious until he turned half of the Horde against him, so he switched his allegiance to the Alliance so that he could be on the winning team. Wrathion just wants to be on whichever side is victorious.
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2013-07-10 at 12:24 AM.

Well, Wrathion is talking past tense when he mentions Varian.
    Combined with the odd death sound im inclined to state Varian dies.
    Sure, it could be used to describe past actions but the Alliance really needs a death tbh, the Horde will at least lose Garrosh, maybe Voljin and imagine a Varian after that battle.
    He would bitch about this 'war' for the next 3 expansions while even Thrall regaining the Warchief title wouldnt be able to talk him down a bit.
    Jaina has some control to the situation but a Alliance/Horde combo taking on the burning legion next xpac is rather unlikely with Varian at the head of the table.

Wrathion is progressing decently as a character, however his voice over doesn't seem to indicate he'll be directly involved in the final battle.
    Which is a shame really, when you are THAT powerful as a character and then dont even attempt to help directly in the fight we have been waiting for since MoP released it kinda takes away from the power.
    We already have Tirion, the fucking Ashbringer himself, not using his power in any meaningful way since ICC so meh.
    I'd love to see more actual participation rather then telling my alts to get honored with him and get some legendary sigils while standing in that bloody inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Well, Wrathion is talking past tense when he mentions Varian.
    Combined with the odd death sound im inclined to state Varian dies.
    Sure, it could be used to describe past actions but the Alliance really needs a death tbh, the Horde will at least lose Garrosh, maybe Voljin and imagine a Varian after that battle.
    He would bitch about this 'war' for the next 3 expansions while even Thrall regaining the Warchief title wouldnt be able to talk him down a bit.
    Jaina has some control to the situation but a Alliance/Horde combo taking on the burning legion next xpac is rather unlikely with Varian at the head of the table.

Wrathion is progressing decently as a character, however his voice over doesn't seem to indicate he'll be directly involved in the final battle.
    Which is a shame really, when you are THAT powerful as a character and then dont even attempt to help directly in the fight we have been waiting for since MoP released it kinda takes away from the power.
    We already have Tirion, the fucking Ashbringer himself, not using his power in any meaningful way since ICC so meh.
    I'd love to see more actual participation rather then telling my alts to get honored with him and get some legendary sigils while standing in that bloody inn.
    It's been stated many many times with many of the lore characters in the raid so far that their 'death voice files' are a part of an encounter if you fail it, not canon to the lore.

Deleted
    Does Wrathion talk about Siege of Thunder-Bluff?