How many actual US/EU PLAYERS are there?

So WoW is hovering around what, 8 million subs? A lot of people have more than 1 sub. So I would lower that to maybe 6 million at least. A lot of players are in Asia from what I see, so what does that leave in the US and Europe? 2-3 million players each?

I just wonder because people like to throw around the sub numbers like there are actually that many players in our servers. I'm not sure it's nearly as many as we think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So WoW is hovering around what, 8 million subs? A lot of people have more than 1 sub. So I would lower that to maybe 6 million at least. A lot of players are in Asia from what I see, so what does that leave in the US and Europe? 2-3 million players each?

I just wonder because people like to throw around the sub numbers like there are actually that many players in our servers. I'm not sure it's nearly as many as we think.
    Most likely 4.8mil in asia, 1.5mil in the US, 1.7mil in the EU.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I don't think the Asian numbers are that high. I think US/EU would make up the majority since the vast majority of the losses have been in Asia.

Deleted
    I don't know but it's going to be -1 at the end of this month

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think the Asian numbers are that high. I think US/EU would make up the majority since the vast majority of the losses have been in Asia.
    They say the bulk of WoW subs are in asia, that would imply it's at least around 60% (4.8mil).

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless something changed after they tracked separately, NA should be higher than EU.

- - - Updated - - -

They say the bulk of WoW subs are in asia, that would imply it's at least around 60% (4.8mil).
    You overestimate how many subs Asia has. Even before they were the majority of the losses, Asia only had like 55%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Unless something changed after they tracked separately, NA should be higher than EU.

- - - Updated - - -

You overestimate how many subs Asia has. Even before they were the majority of the losses, Asia only had like 55%.
    2008-2012 is quite a big gap, alot has changed since then. Why would they call it "bulk" if it's only 55%?

10+ Year Old Account
    2008-2012 is quite a big gap, alot has changed since then. Why would they call it "bulk" if it's only 55%?
    I've only ever heard "bulk" refer to the losses being in Asia or subs being outside the US. I've always heard Asia as having "the majority" of subs.

Deleted
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...ml?id=10014593

World of Warcraft now hosts more than 2 million subscribers in Europe, more than 2.5 million in North America, and approximately 5.5 million in Asia.

This was one of the last times they did splits (Jan 2008)

However this was a long time ago, lots of things have changed and from the investor calls they've said the last two drops were mainly from Asia, so anyone who's being honest will say "only blizzard knows".