Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was being sarcastic. I love that we have 2 models and 3 sizes to choose from. Probably a lot more than most of you guys. Just wish they'd give us Shu's model...

I want a sarcasm tag.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-07-10 at 08:52 AM.

Nice! A new WE model! Actually any model is better than the current one. =) I was expecting Lei "Grumpy cat" Shi model, but that'll do too. If we ever have a talent or glyph that makes WE more powerful, it should become Ice Elemental and use Lord Ahune's model. With scythe! =)

Deleted
    I want to have a developer glyph "Allows you to fix your class/spec with your buddies on mmo-c" Back to topic. Really hope the glyph fixes look and sound. Really would like the to have things fixed when (if I´m still playing then) I switch back to frost in early beta of 6.0

I'd like to see Fire Elemental Spirit somehow made into our new WE model. I don't know, paint it blue or something, it looks so awesome!

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/6/6f/...al_spirits.png

I'm not whining btw, the model from OP is ok too, but this one is the best ever! =) Cat elemental!

Edit: We should have these Fire and Water spirits as Familiars from the respective minor glyph! That would've been great!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I'd like to see Fire Elemental Spirit somehow made into our new WE model. I don't know, paint it blue or something, it looks so awesome!

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/6/6f/...al_spirits.png

I'm not whining btw, the model from OP is ok too, but this one is the best ever! =) Cat elemental!

Edit: We should have these Fire and Water spirits as Familiars from the respective minor glyph! That would've been great!
    There are people that are above 14 yo playing mage, and 'we' dont like cute, fluffy, manga looking chinese water elemental cats. Or whatever it is.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    There are people that are above 14 yo playing mage, and 'we' dont like cute, fluffy, manga looking chinese water elemental cats. Or whatever it is.
    And there are people that are above 14 years old playing mages, and we DO like the elemental spirits. What's your point? Subjective shit is subjective.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-07-10 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I'm 26 and I like cute fluffy water elemental cats. What's your point again?

Deleted
    It really annoys me how people are moaning. You're getting something out of 'fun'. Enjoy it or don't enjoy it but be bloody grateful for a change and stop moaning about everything in the bloody game, blizzard can't please everybody!

OT: I quite like it ^-^ It'll be a change from the shitty element we have now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    This is poop. Why are they wasting their time on something like this? The only thing that I have ever heard Mages ask for with regards to Wele are:

1. Get rid of it
    2. Make it like the mini Lei Shei

Where in the hell did they get piece of crap?
    You haven't been playing very long if you have to ask where they got that from. Further, I also know you haven't been playing for very long since no one I know ever asked the Welly to look like a boss from the first tier of MoP, but people have been asking for a new Welly since they were introduced in WotLK. Gotta love knowing age demographics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    I want a sarcasm tag.
    It's called italics.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I like my little welly too, but there are so many things that annoys me (and I suppose many more) atm. Just all the scaling, frostburn, lvl 90, lvl 75, etc aside: Why do I need a major glyph for my welly that it acts way more intelligent and playable than without? The annoying bubble sound bug was reported when? - beginning of cata?

My heartfelt thanks for the glyphs Blizzard, but now please focus on the other relevant mage issues.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    You haven't been playing very long if you have to ask where they got that from. Further, I also know you haven't been playing for very long since no one I know ever asked the Welly to look like a boss from the first tier of MoP, but people have been asking for a new Welly since they were introduced in Burning Crusade. Gotta love knowing age demographics.
    Fixed it for you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasted View Post
    Fixed it for you
    The new elementals were introduced in WotLK, the Mage Water Elemental was introduced in the talent patch just prior to TBC launching.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw "Unbound Water Elemental" as a glyph I was hoping it let us set the little bubbler free and we just get a flat damage buff or something instead.

Ahh blizzard, always the clump of hair in my pipe dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Oh dam yes. I was just thinking how cool it would be to get one like how Shamans get a earth and fire prime ones. Now we can get the water one . This combined with the new Death Knight glyph of the skeleton, is going to make me really happy . Though a revenant would have been a little cooler, but I wont complain. I also agree with a cool-down spell that turns the water elemental in to an ice elemental would be cool. Like the Death Knights ghoul in to the plague eruptor.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-07-10 at 12:30 PM.

ROFL!

So out of the past 4 PTR builds, there are only 3 mage changes and ALL are to do with the water elemental! Absolutely no real changes that the class needs are made, and no real issues of the class are even acknowledged, let alone addressed. However, the changes that your MVP wants for the class are made immediately. I guess his effort in making "the water elemental needs MOAR" become the single biggest issue mages have, is a resounding success /facepalm

And you guys still think your MVP has no say in class design? They are basically implementing every single change he is lobbying for, while ignoring everything that he says should be ignored (which is, basically, everything else).

How pointlessly tragic.

What makes it even more pointless, is that he is not done yet. The MVP is riding his success with focusing the entire mage discussion away from the real issues of the class and onto the water elemental, that he is now running a multi thread lobby on the official forums to get MORE dev time put into the elemental, since he believes the biggest issue left now is that you need to be able to rename it (since having more glyphs concerning the water elemental than any other single spell in the game across all classes - you now have THREE - obviously isn't enough)

So essentially, renaming the water elemental is now top-top priority, above and beyond every other issue the class has.

And they still say no one warned them... /shakeshead

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    It really annoys me how people are moaning. You're getting something out of 'fun'. Enjoy it or don't enjoy it but be bloody grateful for a change and stop moaning about everything in the bloody game, blizzard can't please everybody!

OT: I quite like it ^-^ It'll be a change from the shitty element we have now
    And here it is...

This is precisely the situation I warned everyone about for so long. 100 useless, pointless, meaningless changes are inferior to even a single real change. But so many people will just look at the patch notes and say "Oh look! mages got 50 new water elemental glyphs. They should be happy with all that dev attention!!", while completely ignoring that the class is on a fundamental level, utterly disjoint and broken.

What is worse, is that its pretty clear the devs work this way too. Where they put in time and effort ensuring there are 50 different water elemental colors to choose from (since that is, according to what they hear from the MVP, the biggest issue that mages as a class have) and when they are done, they sit back and pat themselves on the back for putting in "so much effort into mages".

What people forget is that brainless, mindless, pointless changes do nothing more than deflect the addressing of core class issues for longer, since the dev's time is finite. If they spend it all on these meaningless changes, they wont have time for anything else (which is blatantly the case in 5.4, with absolutely ZERO real mage changes).

But meh, the time has already come for me to start to cease to care anymore. It is just sad to see the mage class fall off the cliff into oblivion in these last few days, here at the end.

What a waste of a class, and a community. Oh mages, how ye have fallen.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    ROFL!

So out of the past 4 PTR builds, there are only 3 mage changes and ALL are to do with the water elemental! Absolutely no real changes that the class needs are made, and no real issues of the class are even acknowledged, let alone addressed. However, the changes that your MVP wants for the class are made immediately. I guess his effort in making "the water elemental needs MOAR" become the single biggest issue mages have, is a resounding success /facepalm

And you guys still think your MVP has no say in class design? They are basically implementing every single change he is lobbying for, while ignoring everything that he says should be ignored (which is, basically, everything else).

How pointlessly tragic.

What makes it even more pointless, is that he is not done yet. The MVP is riding his success with focusing the entire mage discussion away from the real issues of the class and onto the water elemental, that he is now running a multi thread lobby on the official forums to get MORE dev time put into the elemental, since he believes the biggest issue left now is that you need to be able to rename it (since having more glyphs concerning the water elemental than any other single spell in the game across all classes - you now have THREE - obviously isn't enough)

So essentially, renaming the water elemental is now top-top priority, above and beyond every other issue the class has.

And they still say no one warned them... /shakeshead

And here it is...

This is precisely the situation I warned everyone about for so long. 100 useless, pointless, meaningless changes are inferior to even a single real change. But so many people will just look at the patch notes and say "Oh look! mages got 50 new water elemental glyphs. They should be happy with all that dev attention!!", while completely ignoring that the class is on a fundamental level, utterly disjoint and broken.

What is worse, is that its pretty clear the devs work this way too. Where they put in time and effort ensuring there are 50 different water elemental colors to choose from (since that is, according to what they hear from the MVP, the biggest issue that mages as a class have) and when they are done, they sit back and pat themselves on the back for putting in "so much effort into mages".

What people forget is that brainless, mindless, pointless changes do nothing more than deflect the addressing of core class issues for longer, since the dev's time is finite. If they spend it all on these meaningless changes, they wont have time for anything else (which is blatantly the case in 5.4, with absolutely ZERO real mage changes).

But meh, the time has already come for me to start to cease to care anymore. It is just sad to see the mage class fall off the cliff into oblivion in these last few days, here at the end.

What a waste of a class, and a community. Oh mages, how ye have fallen.
    Wowzers - its a glyph.... one which i guess you will not be using. I wonder if the MVP can get it renamed to the "Glyph of Unwarranted Rage".

Deleted
    They could save us all a lot of time with a simple glyph that would allow as to "tame" a water elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    --snip--
    So being rational, how much time you do you honestly think Blizzard, as a whole, put into these glyphs? Never mind the different teams that work within Blizzard.

Keep in mind that this is data mined and nothing has been officially announced yet or if it ever will be. So these could be the first of many changes or just some idea they are throwing around internally. I dont think its quite time to claim the sky is falling.
    And just to be clear im not a fan of our MVP, not by a long shot.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2013-07-10 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    This is poop. Why are they wasting their time on something like this? The only thing that I have ever heard Mages ask for with regards to Wele are:

1. Get rid of it
    2. Make it like the mini Lei Shei

Where in the hell did they get piece of crap?
    Explain to me how making this glyph is a waste of time.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont play frost...