Deleted

Unholy DK arena trinket choice

Hi guys,

I am a Unholy DK with a Holy paladin in 2vs2 arena and I have some questions about trinkets to use in the arena i hope some experienced Unholy DK's can help me.

I currently fight with:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508/br...do-pan-assault
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99948

and i bought a Relic of Xuen but i don't know is that any better than the Brutal Talisman? cause the Talisman gets only 6700 str but for 30 sec in arena instead of the 15 and has the same internal proc timer than the Relic of Xuen!
    So it procs for double the amount of strength and double duration. But don't has the 1029 base-strength!

What should i use?
    xuen & Brutal Talisman
    Xuen & Tyrannical Insignia
    or my current setup?

Thank you

Deleted
    Relic of Xuen + Tyrannical Gladiator's Insignia of Victory seems to be the best, also most of top DK's use this combo. Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault was nerfed when used in arena.

Deleted
    Ok thank you very much Rebi!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault was nerfed when used in arena.
    But the Brutal Talisman of ShadoPan Assault got nerfed his strength proc but its duration has been increased! i played some arenas right now and it really is 30sec proc instead of 15sec but it isn't written on the trinket when you enter you just have to look at the proc. I think much people didn't notice that!
    is it with 30 sec still weaker then relic of xuen?
    Last edited by mmocc768be8431; 2013-07-08 at 11:47 AM.

The shadow pan may be 30 seconds, but it is only 4400 strength and the static stat is mostly wasted. The relic when double upgraded has a lot of static strength and an equivalent strength proc.

Honestly though, as you start to move higher up the ladder you will do some matches depending on the enemy team with the cc trinket as well. It is important especially in 2v2 that you make the most of your kill attempts so you may find yourself running with lichborne, IBF glyph, desecrated ground, and cc trinket and saving AMS to not get CCed during kill attempts.

But while you are working your way up, best combination is relic, proc pvp trinket, fallen crusader and engi gloves. You generally have all four rolling at the same time to set diseases up and get out some very good pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdry View Post
    But the Brutal Talisman of ShadoPan Assault got nerfed his strength proc but its duration has been increased! i played some arenas right now and it really is 30sec proc instead of 15sec but it isn't written on the trinket when you enter you just have to look at the proc. I think much people didn't notice that!
    is it with 30 sec still weaker then relic of xuen?
    Brutal talisman is a 30 sec proc of 3350 strength in rated play (tooltip should say 6700 but if you check your sheet its only half of that). Its a very good proc for opening pressure since it lasts at long as your gargoyle but even with expertise reforged off everywhere I am sitting on 6.5% with it. If you have the money, relic of xuen is alot better, and the tyrannical glads proc trinket procs up alot of strength for alot of time with a low ICD so go with that.

Xuen + Tyrannical = Win. Assuming your human ofc. If your not, run with Xuen + talisman.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys and good to know that it is just 3350 in bg so I understand now why Xuen is so nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Xuen + Tyrannical = Win. Assuming your human ofc. If your not, run with Xuen + talisman.
    I am nightelf so i choose better Xuen + CC PvP talisman!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    But while you are working your way up, best combination is relic, proc pvp trinket, fallen crusader and engi gloves. You generally have all four rolling at the same time to set diseases up and get out some very good pressure.
    which combos do you recommend to use the CC pvp talisman?
    Last edited by mmocc768be8431; 2013-07-09 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my dk I use the Proc Trinket and On Use tyrannical trinket. But that forces me to keep Desecrated Ground which im personally fine with

When I am using my cc trinket I also use the PvP proc trinket. It does not have the static strength that the relic has, but it does have pvp power and it lasts longer and has more strength on it's proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    When I am using my cc trinket I also use the PvP proc trinket. It does not have the static strength that the relic has, but it does have pvp power and it lasts longer and has more strength on it's proc.
    For which combos do you use the cc trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdry View Post
    For which combos do you use the cc trinket?
    Mostly against teams in which I think I will be sitting CC or are in danger of dying in a cross CC. I will run double CC trinket (talisman and desecrated ground) against teams that either do not have a fear so their forms of CC I am weaker against, teams that have triple CC like rdruid/mage/lock, or teams that have the ability to kill me in stuns that have short cooldowns like teams with mages, rogues etc.

The way I see it is that I can run double trinket as horde and put out a lot of pressure with damage, but I can also be more controlled. I like having double trinket available so I can basically have the option to play defensively if I am being trained all game and have both available to me, or to play super aggressive and trinket things that you would not normally trinket to stay offensive.

I will run double dps trinket against most cleave teams because it is important to get damage rolling quickly to either cross kill or force defensive play. So KFC, Ret/Hunter, BeastCleave, Ret/Enhance, etc.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot!!!