Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    and this is why LFR is a rousing success.

Maybe Flex raiding will help with this, like you can atleast show that you have downed all bosses in Flex, which show you know atleast basics of the figths, + it will be a smaller gear gap between lfr to normal.
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-07-09 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try finding 25s.
    They're likely to grab someone when most of their squad are absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Hilarious and such a big ego. Why don't you make a guild and start "teaching" WoW to random people?
    As long as it doesn't feel like a job to you right?

Your parents never taught you to give and recieve?
    No ego here at all, simply an assessment about the current state of the game. Folks have a way to see what they want to see, without having to bother uploading logs, proof of kills, and all the other nonsense that makes them suitable for the random expectations of some other player.

Guilds who bitch about not being able to find good candidates will simply continue to suffer unless they adapt. Simple.

In most scenarios you will be able to convince them to take you. If they will then just don't screw up. Participate and share your knowledge on some of the mechanics, maybe watch some videos about the tactics. Be prepared and show that they need you. Then you'll be the last one to be replaced.

Why would they take someone without experience who is more likely to fuck it up because they haven't actually done it?
    Lack of experience does not mean they don't have the capability to learn.

I got into a PuG run with no achievements or experience back in ICC one time. Everyone was skeptical, deal was if I screw up and end up taking more heals than other DPS or die to something avoidable once, I'm out. Also, I get no gear if it drops. That was their price, and I needed to break into the raiding scene so I took it.

Asked for basic tactics on the fights, and asked for someone I could follow in the fight. I ended up doing better than the class leader for that guild for the class I was playing, which was Death Knight. Took similar amounts of damage to as everyone else and only died from a wipe that wasn't my fault. We got to the gunship and called it a nightdue to multiple wipes because the other DPS couldn't take care of the boarding parties in time and the healers couldn't keep the tanks up.

Point is, simply because someone has no experience killing a specific boss doesn't mean they don't have experience playing the game, also, just because someone has a kill record doesn't mean they're any good...they could have easily been carried through that kill.

This is a weak and terrible argument...if you wanted flawless runs through a raid, you wouldn't be PuG'ing it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    No ego here at all, simply an assessment about the current state of the game. Folks have a way to see what they want to see, without having to bother uploading logs, proof of kills, and all the other nonsense that makes them suitable for the random expectations of some other player.

Guilds who bitch about not being able to find good candidates will simply continue to suffer unless they adapt. Simple.
    this exackly this - if normal mode guilds are asking for WoLs , ur raiding history etc etc and have unrealistic gear requirements - people just give up cause what the point - it will be even funnier next tier when real normal mode causal raiders will move to flex and normals will be used mainly by hc guilds to gear up if they keep up tuning like in ToT - dont get me wrong - if someone if hc raider he has/had fun in normal ToTs - all others just gave up and u can see it in boss kil numbers.

I like how none of the suggestions on this forum actually address the actual problem at hand.

Get a guild: Like its just that easy to just get in a guild that full clears normal

LFR Doesn't count as experience: I'm sorry but it totally does. All you do is say its like LFR except "x" so if they know how to do the LFR fight chances are they can do the normal mode encounter if they just account for the X factor.

Be more sociable and make wow friends: What the hell does that even mean how do you make friends in this game? hang out in trade chat? Manually form a LFD group?

Form your own pug: unfortunately this probably is the best option most people don't check the pug former's achievements so you might get away with it. Otherwise I suggest an achievement spoof-er and just watch a fatboss or tankspot guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe you should join a real guild and not join some random through trade chat. you're the one making excuses, wanting confirmation that you know what you're doing isn't a "lame excuse", it's not even an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I like how none of the suggestions on this forum actually address the actual problem at hand.

Get a guild: Like its just that easy to just get in a guild that full clears normal

LFR Doesn't count as experience: I'm sorry but it totally does. All you do is say its like LFR except "x" so if they know how to do the LFR fight chances are they can do the normal mode encounter if they just account for the X factor.

Be more sociable and make wow friends: What the hell does that even mean how do you make friends in this game? hang out in trade chat? Manually form a LFD group?

Form your own pug: unfortunately this probably is the best option most people don't check the pug former's achievements so you might get away with it. Otherwise I suggest an achievement spoof-er and just watch a fatboss or tankspot guide.
    Lfr does not count as experience. I can AFK through LFR. Literally AFK. I usually play LOL while I have my alt on follow to some random person in lfr. I did 0 work and now have the achievements to show that I have experience?

It is that easy to get in a guild that full clears normals. Guilds that are just 12/12 normal have members or are recruiting members far below them in experience and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    Lfr does not count as experience. I can AFK through LFR. Literally AFK. I usually play LOL while I have my alt on follow to some random person in lfr. I did 0 work and now have the achievements to show that I have experience?

It is that easy to get in a guild that full clears normals. Guilds that are just 12/12 normal have members or are recruiting members far below them in experience and gear.
    Yes it does count. You saw the boss, you know his movement speed, his attacks, his hit box, ect you know what to avoid, where to stand, what buffs to get, FOR THE MOST PART. If you know There are very minor differences with HP numbers and insta gibb attacks on certain mechanics but that doesn't mean its not damn near identical. If YOU want to afk through it that's your CHOICE the rest of us will carry or kick your lazy ass and we can do that because it is more forgiving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilbu View Post
    If they will then just don't screw up. Participate and share your knowledge on some of the mechanics
    Strongly advise against this as new player. Unless you know the fight 100% inside out, just listen to raid leader and keep mouth shut about tactics imo.

Deleted
    Honestly, it will always be a matter of opinion and the only ones who's opinion actually counts, are those who form the group. You may disagree completely, think they're elitist scum, selfish for not wanting teach newer players etc. but at the end of the day, that doesn't change the fact, that the people who form the group, gets to decide the terms of which you can join on.

I don't think it's fair to blame others for how they chose to run their pug group, cause nobody's forcing you to join. There's always that option of forming your own pug group and make your own rules. Then you could bring 9 other players who've only done LFR but who believe they know the tactics well enough to kill some bosses.

Personally I wouldn't wanna join such a group, unless it was the last day before the reset. I actually ended up pugging on my alt yesterday evening. It was a semi guild run and they were progressing on Normal Megaera, which led to many wipes. I was thinking that several of them were underperforming, but I joined on their premise and therefore I kept my mouth shut and tried to help them with the tactics.

My point is, unless you form your own group, I don't really think you have the right to complain. There's no rule dictating how players are supposed to run pug groups and thank god for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I'm at wits end. I can get nothing from LFR except a belt and 4P T15. I can get minor upgrades from heroic caches for some slots. but every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.

I could bribe someone, but that would take quite abit of time. I could join a guild, but I have nothing but bad experiences from guilds, either from malicious guild masters or from ignorant and dumb guildies. and even if I can find a decent guild, they ALSO ASK EXP...

It's a vicious circle: I can't get EXP because I don't have any EXP.

If you are an EU player, use the official forums looking for guild section.
    It's player's market, and there are literally hundreds of guilds looking for you.
    I don't know about the US market.

Another advice would be patience. Don't jump at the first offer. Just because they are sitting there pressing F5 every 2 minutes doesn't mean they are right for you. And always be honest about yourself and what you want and expect.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first off...just try to get a few buddies/guild to run you through.

2.Relax and cool off, it's summer.

Unfortunately, this has happened to me before its the cycle of "I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I don't have a job because I don't have experience" and it keeps going on and on in a circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    and this is why LFR is a rousing success.
    Doesn't remove the fact that LFR is boring faceroll and makes the content less epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Doesn't remove the fact that LFR is boring faceroll and makes the content less epic.
    Neither of those are facts. The only fact here is that those are personal opinions.

A pug won't gain much from taking people in that don't know the fights at all.
    Join a raid that keeps going. They're much more willing to take one in, since they rely on having you for a while.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Throne of Thunder has been available for over 4 months now. You've had plenty of time to get in a normal mode group and at least kill Jin'rokh.

The blame for the problem you're experiencing unfortunately lies with you alone. It wouldn't matter what tier it is, nobody is going to take someone that hasn't even killed the first boss when a raid has been available for 4 months.

(Okay, well -- that's not entirely true. They will if they're completely desperate and on a dead server. Case in point: My guild carried a trade chat DK that didn't even know he was supposed to apply diseases all the way to Megaera, because we needed a tank. His vengeance was often higher than his DPS, but that's another story.)

The first boss is always a loot piñata, it's just a matter of having some initiative at the right time. Try forming a group in trade chat to kill the first boss when Siege of Orgrimmar comes out. Maybe even prepare yourself a bit in advance by watching a PTR video of it.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-07-11 at 12:54 PM.

xfer to a empty server, there, pugs can't be too picky, like mine. I was personally lucky enough to know the group leader, which he wanted me even if I had no XP, but as we were looking for more to fill, he ended up with a group where most of the members never done a fight either.