Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah it pisses me off when i see it too, especially when it's some retard keyboard turner who is playing in some stupid burst team, they think they're so awesome by spamming APM like that - It's usually DKs/rets >.< Guess it's easy to strafe left and right while rolling ur dick across the keyboard.

EDIT - I mean players that literally strafe left and right while ur in a stun lock, there is literally no point for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    EDIT - I mean players that literally strafe left and right while ur in a stun lock, there is literally no point for it.
    If it gets a reaction from you, there's a point to it. Anything that puts you off your game is worth it - I used to get wound up when a mage I kept queuing into spent every game spam-jumping. Doesn't bother me now but it used to and I'm sure I made mistakes because of it. You're not likely to play your best if you're irritated, angry or annoyed. Now I just take the piss after they're dead by spending the rest of the match spam-jumping or strafing left/right while killing their partners.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Because it's fun.

They want to look like very skilled players for their own personal self worth but wind up just looking stupid, it's usually a Rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yeah it pisses me off when i see it too, especially when it's some retard keyboard turner who is playing in some stupid burst team, they think they're so awesome by spamming APM like that - It's usually DKs/rets >.< Guess it's easy to strafe left and right while rolling ur dick across the keyboard.

If you strafe or use anything other than just the mouse to move you are a total baddy.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    If you strafe or use anything other than just the mouse to move you are a total baddy.
    Errrr say what?

... I can't think of anybody in this game who doesn't strafe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    lol, as opposed to ranged players.. they aren't cowards at all - they just fight from far away - run like bitches if anyone gets close... yea I just got trolled - a caster calling any melee a coward is a joke.
    1) hide behind armour

2) attack otherwise unarmed players

Which of these isn't cowardly? It's pretty easy to be "brave" when you are suited up for taking heavy damage.

Granted, casters also keep distance, although some tank damage. They still need to keep a distance to avoid interrupts, which is purely a mechanical contrivance. Nothing to do with "cowardice", as opposed to using your brain. Melee don't like getting hit as a rule either. So I fail to see what these petty little arguments achieve. If you could interrupt melee attacks as you can cast spells, you bet melee would also be on the move.

"lol real men play plate xDDD"

On topic, it looks retarded. I wish this game had an initial positional cast check, like Rift, although applicable to caster NPCs too, to make them less of a joke. If the game had more realistic physics it wouldn't be an issue, anyway. Perhaps WoW requires it because it hasn't got very interesting melee combat, tbh.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-07-10 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    ... I can't think of anybody in this game who doesn't strafe.
    There is no easier way to move that the mouse. Hold both buttons to run and move the mouse, any direction you want, instant 360, 180, 720...try it.

It has always been my belief that they do it because they believe it is fun or because their OCD tells them to do so, sure i am judgemental and sure it may have a benefit versus other players but i stand firm in my belief.

To give you more of a reason to punch them in the throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    To give you more of a reason to punch them in the throat.
    Or burn it out with a chaos bolt. It's always funny to watch them jumping up and down like OCD rabbits, only to drop dead.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I totally understand melee trying to juke out casters last minute to make the cast fail.

But what I always stop and go "lolwut" is when I see two melee types dueling, and they are basically just making figure 8's as they run through each other, whack on each other for a moment, then are past, keyboard turn around, run past again, etc.

It's looks more like a coordinated dance routine than PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    People don't move in between attacks. We move while attacking so our spells have a chance to hit from behind if the opponent is a little slower, as well as preventing attacks they try to make if they're a little slower.

No one is going to stand still and let you wail on them, and if they do, you run behind them so more of your attacks land and less of theirs do. There's no point in running behind someone after they're stunned. You run behind them before using your stun so they can't dodge/parry it.

It's not a bad thing, it gives you a tactical advantage so I don't know why you would hate to admit doing it.

also lol at the guy that said most melee were adhd retards.
    You completely missed half my post where I talked about people generally only doing it during stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no easier way to move that the mouse. Hold both buttons to run and move the mouse, any direction you want, instant 360, 180, 720...try it.
    They didn't say keyboard turn, they said STRAFE, which is to move in a direction perpendicular to the direction you are facing.

If I am reading what you said correctly, as soon as the right button is pushed, your character's direction becomes oriented to the same direction the camera is facing, so if you only push the left button, you then run "forward", not to the side. So how does that accomplish strafing?

Unless you honestly can't think of any time where strafing could be beneficial. Even tanks benefit from strafing a boss to turn them or moving out of the fire while still facing them enough to block/parry/dodge.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-07-10 at 05:18 PM.

Good luck kiting while doing that. Or trying to keep your back protected whilst moving away from someone. Or circling around a target to attack their back without exposing your own (whilst they try to do the same). The idea is you hold down the right mouse button to control direction and use W for forwards and A/D for strafe left/right. The only time you need to hold down both buttons in a pvp situation is when you want to keep moving forwards but need to briefly take your hand off the keyboard to scratch your ear/move your mic/pick your nose/etc.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-07-10 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Good luck kiting while doing that. Or trying to keep your back protected whilst moving away from someone. Or circling around a target to attack their back without exposing your own (whilst they try to do the same). The idea is you hold down the right mouse button to control direction and use W for forwards and A/D for strafe left/right.
    The only thing I can think of is they expect you to exclusively do those silly "jump, spin 360, attack halfway during the spin, land, keep running in the original direction from when you jumped" deals over and over, and if you don't do that, then you are, in their words, a baddie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because we can. It is like on my healer monk or druid, I jump all over the fucking place because I do not have to cast spells, when I have too I feel restricted. So I do it as much as I can.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I see rogues do it all the time. It just looks stupid.

Deleted
    Seems that it's just rogues that do it now but rogues, like undead mages, attract tryhards so it's natural for them. I used to do it when I played my rogue in TBC but it wore off by Wrath. Don't really see other melee do it anymore, sometimes I see DKs do it but DK players are well...less said about those the better.

Seems to only really happen in stuns though.

Like someone already said in the other page, I do it, even on PvE, because its boring to just stand still pressing the buttoms

And in PvP for the reasons already stated here, and it can help confusing some noob