Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    LOL.

All these complaints that this has taken precedent over fixing the class. You do realise that WoW is a team effort, right? And the guys being the glyph have most likely nothing to do with class design...

Stop whining and be glad you're getting a nice little perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdaywastaken View Post
    Wowzers - its a glyph.... one which i guess you will not be using. I wonder if the MVP can get it renamed to the "Glyph of Unwarranted Rage".
    Perhaps he can get it renamed to glyph of blind idiocy, so you can plaster it all over your major slots, given how much of a fan of his you are.

But then again, you might still miss the point, even with it was staring you in the face. That being, that it is all too easy to populate patch notes with 100 pointless changes that one or two mages (one of them being the MVP) will like, then sit back and say "ah yes.. we have put in so much effort into mages.. just look at all the bullet points for their 50 new water elemental glyphs in the patch notes!", all while completely ignoring the issues the class has.

But alas, that point doesn't register with you. And why should it? Just looking over the fourteen posts you have made on these forums blatantly shows that you are one of those people who conveniently ignores (note: ignores, not counters or rebuts) but just plain ignores any point being made that doesn't follow your agenda.

Just like you did here.

Keep it up little britches, you'll fit right in to the mage community as it exists today, with your MVP loving and all!
    /rollseyes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    So being rational, how much time you do you honestly think Blizzard, as a whole, put into these glyphs?
    More time than has been put into all the class' real issues, combined.

Time is finite, to think otherwise is pointless, and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You do realise that WoW is a team effort, right? And the guys being the glyph have most likely nothing to do with class design...
    This is factually wrong. The class design team is the same team that handles glyphs. Blizz has openly stated this many times, but alas, believing it goes contrary to your agenda, so, like any good bunny, you will ignore it. GG dude

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Stop whining and be glad you're getting a nice little perk.
    And this ^ is precisely the issue I am actually talking about.

Mages: Can we get some changes to the core issues of our class.
    Others: We gave you all these new water elemental glyphs!!
    Mages: Um.. yea.. but those don't actually fix our issues.
    Others: SHUT UP and be glad you are getting something. Now back to the cotton fields with you!!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-07-10 at 03:15 PM.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Well, this escalated quickly

zomgDPS - my post count does not reflect the amount of time i spend on this forum. Also i have no agenda with regards to wow. I have an agenda with people who fly off the handle about tiny things that amount to appeasing a portion of the player base.

Your pointless statement with regards to me being a "fan" of the mage MVP is also rather odd.

So, a question. Instead of this Glyph what one tiny little thing should they have changed? I only ask as i'm at a loss to see why you are hell bent on this being an awful thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    This is poop. Why are they wasting their time on something like this?
    cuz it's awesome!1!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone, AND I FREAKING MEAN ANYONE, mentions Lhivera in this thread, I will straight up lock it and send you a nice recorded PM of how pissed I am with you.

You have been warned.
    BfA Beta Time

No, Zomgdps is absolutely right. Personally, I'd rather see the thing become a summon/gaurdian again. It's great and all that some cosmetic choice is available for the WE now but there are far more important issues that should be delt with first.

Time is running out and a lot of classes have been under the radar for many changes, such as resto shamans and hunters. Blizzard should work to spend their time figuring out ways to tackle Frost's scaling issues. If they do rebuild its mastery, it should alleviate the issue somewhat, in addition to the removal of the FB debuff. Fire's scaling needs work as well- being gated at X% crit, but being OP at Y% is not good design. Regardless, how can they rein fire without gutting the "fun" of the spec? How can they nerf its throughput without making the spec feel even less explosive than it does now?

The 90 talents...anything deserves more attention on the PTR than the WE at the moment.
    Last edited by crysie; 2013-07-10 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    How about a glyph that does what current glyph of the water elemental does (allows it to move while casting) while at the same time it doesn't inflate it to cover the entire screen ? That would actually be useful.

A new model for Welly, about time we got something like that intsead of a new polymorph glyph.

While I do like this option of a different water elemental appearance, I do have one problem. Why do warlocks and shamans have their different minion appearances as a talent, but mages get it as a glyph? While it is true that the talent boosts the minions, the main reason someone would take the talent in my opinion would be for the different minion appearance. I think this should have been done similar to how hunters get different pets, you go out and tame or attune to the elemental and use its skin.

Are you implying that mages should go out and "tame" the elemental and use it? Would that only work for water elementals, or any kind of elemental? The reason why warlocks have a talent dedicated to altering the appearance of their demons is because they are designed as a pet class. The shaman talent alters their elemental pets as well, but with the added bonus of enhancing the shaman.

It sounds like you want to make it an option to make mages closer to a full pet class(i.e outside of just frost) so we can utilize a wider array of pets. Honestly, I'm sure the majority of us prefer just not to be associated with pets at all.

Lolling at tall the poor people who think this is a waste of time and took developer resources away from fixing all the other mage issues.

Entirely different team and design approach, trading these glyphs back in for class fixes would be about as effective as pulling the entire Raid Encounter team off of SoO work and telling them to go balance a new class.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by crysie View Post
    Are you implying that mages should go out and "tame" the elemental and use it? Would that only work for water elementals, or any kind of elemental? The reason why warlocks have a talent dedicated to altering the appearance of their demons is because they are designed as a pet class. The shaman talent alters their elemental pets as well, but with the added bonus of enhancing the shaman.

It sounds like you want to make it an option to make mages closer to a full pet class(i.e outside of just frost) so we can utilize a wider array of pets. Honestly, I'm sure the majority of us prefer just not to be associated with pets at all.
    I'm just saying that I am not sure about using a glyph for customization, mainly because you only have 3 minor glyphs. It just limits what you can do if they continue adding more customization glyphs.

As for wanting the mage class to be a pet class, I do not know. I do want to have different appearances for my elemental and be able to name it, but I prefer it to stay cosmetic because if they had ability or power differences then we bring in the min-maxing and end up with optimal elementals, which I am not for.

I was hoping for an Alemental for my dwarf/panda mages. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I was hoping for an Alemental for my dwarf/panda mages. Oh well.
    Actually, I think that should be a Brewfest thing and shamans should get in on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    This is poop. Why are they wasting their time on something like this? The only thing that I have ever heard Mages ask for with regards to Wele are:

1. Get rid of it
    2. Make it like the mini Lei Shei

Where in the hell did they get piece of crap?
    I made a thread on wow forums during Cata asking for this, something like 9/10 supported it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yes, I'm sure your personal friends at blizzard development make sure to keep you in the loop about all minor cosmetic glyph changes. oh wait
    I like it. Much better then the current elemental.
    Completely unnecessary hostility.

I'm excited for it because I think it fits Night Elves a little bit more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Checking front page of mmo champ and I
    JIZZED IN MY PANTS.
    sure its not a mini Lei Shei or mini ele but I
    JIZZED IN MY PANTS

JIZZED IN MY PANTS!
    I wish I could upvote on MMO-C. I pretty much made this exact post regarding the Glyph of Feathers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    snip
    I was glad this glyph was made because changing the Elemental is quite simple awesome, but now I love it even more because YOU hate it so much

Also, the lvl 90 talents will not be changed until the next expansion, so do you just expect Blizzard to add nothing remotely fun or interesting for the class until then?

This ele is far less cute than the current one

Looks pretty cool though.

I'll probably end up using the mini-ele glyph + tainted water ele pet and have double the Welly - If I have a frost spec, that is.