Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Blacks, rioting and the Zimmerman trial

I do not understand, why the people on this forum (some) say that blacks will riot if Zimmerman goes free. I also don't understand how a few people will say that blacks are even prone to rioting, despite the fact that a large number of riots have started because of racist white groups, students, and Hispanics. Speaking about rioting, at least in that other topic it seems as though people think blacks are "prone"to rioting which speaks against the riots we've had and the people who've been responsible for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I do not understand, why the people on this forum (some) say that blacks will riot if Zimmerman goes free. I also don't understand how a few people will say that blacks are even prone to rioting, despite the fact that a large number of riots have started because of racist white groups, students, and Hispanics. Speaking about rioting, at least in that other topic it seems as though people think blacks are "prone"to rioting which speaks against the riots we've had and the people who've been responsible for them.
    Because humans are prone to riot. Race shouldn't factor into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because humans are prone to riot. Race shouldn't factor into it.
    I said that in the other thread as well, but since it was the other thread and I'd rather not an infraction lol.

riots are entirely possible. i dont think there will be a repeat of the rodney king experience however. law enforcement will be prepared, and i think the majority are still too mindful of the king riots.

as for blacks being prone... i have not seen any evidence that skin color increases propensity for violence. however, if you substitute "black" with "community or group of people that feel persecuted or antagonized by law enforcement or government" then that changes the complexion of things. and if sanford's reputation has any merit the local black community might be such a demographic
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone loves a good riot. I am hoping for a massive riot after the Zimmerman trial. Got my lootin' gear all ready to go: comfortable running shoes, leather gloves, hoody, mini-bat, loot bag, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    riots are entirely possible. i dont think there will be a repeat of the rodney king experience however. law enforcement will be prepared, and i think the majority are still too mindful of the king riots.

as for blacks being prone... i have not seen any evidence that skin color increases propensity for violence. however, if you substitute "black" with "community or group of people that feel persecuted or antagonized by law enforcement or government" then that changes the complexion of things. and if sanford's reputation has any merit the local black community might be such a demographic
    When you compare communities blacks are less likely to riot. Perhaps during the jim crow days of widespread oppression blacks were more likely but not much recently.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Everyone loves a good riot. I am hoping for a massive riot after the Zimmerman trial. Got my lootin' gear all ready to go: comfortable running shoes, leather gloves, hoody, mini-bat, loot bag, etc.
    You sir, made me day regardless of whether or not you are joking.

So you started a racist thread nice, calling african americans "blacks" is pretty rude.
    What is the point of this thread other than to start a race war?

The people on this forum are getting their information via major media, not to mention the hundreds of tweets from people claiming to be african american stating they are going to riot. I can't really see this thread going anywhere good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So you started a racist thread nice, calling african americans "blacks" is pretty rude.
    Try re-reading the OP slowly. Themius is not being racist. He is asking why people seem to think black people are more prone to riot.

Deleted

The people on this forum are getting their information via major media, not to mention the hundreds of tweets from people claiming to be african american stating they are going to riot. I can't really see this thread going anywhere good.
    What is they are american-american but still black? Never thought of that did you.

Surely you must be joking? If calling blacks, black is rude then god damn there is a TON of americans that are rude. Hell there's even government agencies that a rude since I can't remember the last time I see anything other than "White, Black, Hispanic, American Indian" when asked to select my ethnicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess you forget the Rodeny King riots in LA thing is they only destroy their own hoods which look like a warzone anyway so who cares let them riot they will only be living up to the sterotype.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

When you compare communities blacks are less likely to riot. Perhaps during the jim crow days of widespread oppression blacks were more likely but not much recently.
    im curious, have you spent any time in the south? in many places the tension is practically tangible at the best of times. the feds had to come in to investigate sanford pd because of complaints of racism. there is a fair amount of animosity there. im not saying anything will happen, but the ingredients are certainly there
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Try re-reading the OP slowly. Themius is not being racist. He is asking why people seem to think black people are more prone to riot.
    No he isn't. Where does it say he thinks they are more prone to riot?

African americans black is rude? Wow I didn't know I shouldn't say I was half black since some white person may think I am being rude to "african americans."

It's simple, when was the last time there was a black set free on a murder/manslaughter charge that whites protested? I can't think of any within the past... hmm... 25 years go back far enough? 50? 100? I can think of at least a few the opposite way.

Deleted

Rude is assuming everyone with black skin is African or American.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    It's simple, when was the last time there was a black set free on a murder/manslaughter charge that whites protested? I can't think of any within the past... hmm... 25 years go back far enough? 50? 100? I can think of at least a few the opposite way.
    That probably has more to do with the fact that blacks tend to be on the victim side of sentencing vs whites.

Deleted
    Dont forget the hockey mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    No he isn't. Where does it say he thinks they are more prone to riot?
    Pro reading skills. I said Themius started this thread to discuss why some people think black people are more prone to rioting. From the OP:

I also don't understand how a few people will say that blacks are even prone to rioting