Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That isn't my logic, but you're choosing to read it that way. Parents deserve the chance to raise their children when they're ready. Abortion is that chance. Children deserve that chance.

- - - Updated - - -

The time limit of 20 weeks isn't actually the issue, the real issue is that the bill is actually designed to severely limit access to abortions, period. The 20 weeks part is only incidental.
    Yes, like I said, you want the choice to terminate the life of your child and you would not wish to relinquish that choice to them so that they could make their own choice. It's kind of ironic because you're fighting for choice and yet you're logic restricts choice of others. Why complain about someone restricting your choices when you're also guilty of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426 View Post
    If I had to choose between killing the baby and giving it away yes I would give it away.
    That is your choice. I really hope that if you ever have to make that choice, you choose to give the child a support line so they don't lead the horrible life most children given up in this way do, either by directly supporting them after they age out of the system, or by helping heavily fund foster and adoption centers, as well as advocating for reform in those places.

The time limit of 20 weeks isn't actually the issue, the real issue is that the bill is actually designed to severely limit access to abortions, period. The 20 weeks part is only incidental.
    By allowing doctors to make the call, not the woman, which mirrors the abortion laws in much of Europe.

American democrats are complete psychopaths on the abortion issue and I am very much pro-choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    How can someone miss something they wish to not be apart of anymore? That's like saying I like to apples but I also hate them.
    Uh... what?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying there, but I'll give it a shot. If you're never born, no harm has ever come to you because there was never a "you" to begin with. If you are born and your life sucks, lots of harm has befallen you. Whether you chose to go on living or not at that point is your choice, but it's only your choice because the "you" exists to make that choice. The fetus has no "you." It doesn't lose anything by never coming into existence. It's like if I chose never to have children, my hypothetical 200 kids never suffer for never having been born.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    By allowing doctors to make the call, not the woman, which mirrors the abortion laws in much of Europe.
    Could you point out these doctors demanding that abortion providers must have admission privileges?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Until a fetus is capable of feeling emotion, pain happiness sadness ect, its not a person, thats what makes humans human

Embarrassed to be a human when there are discussions such as these. Time to get off before I become any more depressed about mankind. Wish people valued life instead of spitting in it's face. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Until a fetus is capable of feeling emotion, pain happiness sadness ect, its not a person, thats what makes humans human
    The central nervous system develops around week 18.

So sounds like you're even more conservative than this bill provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not killed. Never be born. There's a key difference there. Something that was never conscious of life in the first place never misses it.
    Can someone who is no longer conscious of life miss it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Embarrassed to be a human when there are discussions such as these. Time to get off before I become any more depressed about mankind. Wish people valued life instead of spitting in it's face. gg.
    Passive aggressive there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    The central nervous system develops around week 18.

So sounds like you're even more conservative than this bill provides.
    begins to develop at that point, a fish has a central nervous system, dose not mean it can feel emotions to any significant degree. Its all about complexity

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Can someone who is no longer conscious of life miss it?
    You are equating suicide to abortion here, which is pretty silly. And even then, suicide, contrary to your belief, is not actually a victimless act.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    The implementation of the minimum wage caused numerous young black males to lose their jobs. Clearly anyone who supports the minimum wage hates young black males.

Or maybe, just maybe, supporting something that has a specific result doesn't always mean you support that result, and maybe, just maybe, saying someone believes something or cares about something (or doesn't) doesn't always make it true.
    It's not lost on me that your replies to every one of my posts just change the subject instead of replying to what I actually say.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're arguing this fact in a thread about Texas, where there's the death penalty. Moreover, you can be pro-life and pro-choice. I think everyone has a right to live, but I also believe that a fetus is not a sentient being, and therefore I support people's ability to choose abortion or not. *I* should have no say in what someone else does with their body, and neither should the government.

You are equating suicide to abortion here, which is pretty silly. And even then, suicide, contrary to your belief, is not actually a victimless act.
    Dude wat. I made no mention of suicide anywhere, where are you getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    Still trying to pretend the number of weeks is an issue I see. Republicans are really quite genius at this. "Let's strip away all your rights but throw in ONE moderate clause, so that when people argue about how wrong it is we can just pretend that ONE thing is the only thing at issue".

Or just have a simple guiding principle of something that can survive without the assistance of a womb should be considered a person and fall under the benefit of the law. So the number of weeks does matter when you have to define personhood.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stop your going to make me dislike Arya Stark as a character. I am not religious but I think it becomes a life when the first polliwog soldier invades the country of egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    Maybe you should have aborted the fetus before it became a baby then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Dude wat. I made no mention of suicide anywhere, where are you getting this?
    My bad! It was somebody else in the thread that had actually been doing that.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Government regulations and restrictions of freedoms are bad, except when they're good, you know, cause that totally makes sense.
    Except that they are. The same way anything can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. In this case I think that these laws really screw over women wanting to safely terminate their pregnancy. They're going to do it whatever you do. If you can't provide a safe and secure place to do it, they will just do it in some unspeakable way.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    So you are saying that restriction would NOT decrease the number of babies killed in the womb?
    No. If someone wants an abortion they will get one.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.