Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Doubtful it's going to stay this way but the amplification intelligence trinket is incredibility strong right now, likely going to be using it for the Iron Juggernaut testing later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Licked View Post
    Doubtful it's going to stay this way but the amplification intelligence trinket is incredibility strong right now, likely going to be using it for the Iron Juggernaut testing later today.
    I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is the hunter 5.4 ptr trinket discussion thread.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

it's so good, that it is currently a Hunter trinket
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    it's so good, that it is currently a Hunter trinket
    I'm not sure if you are serious, but there's no way it's better than the current agi trinkets for hunters.

You should try it.

Deleted
    He probably means the trinket with like 89% more crit damage, I doubt that that ridiculous number doesn't make it stronger than agi trinkets, that thing is probably BiS for any class/spec lol

Edit:
    Well, 84% was it.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102293-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    Last edited by mmoca12629082d; 2013-07-08 at 10:57 PM.

My bad, I'll look at it, but I didn't think they were going to make a trinket like that. They will likely reduce the proc chance for non int users.

Deleted
    It probably has built in protection against non int users. Same thing as UVLS which without protection would be BiS for DKs

After doing some napkin math and tests and stuff, I still don't think it's better than what we currently have available to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that it's 84% of what you currently have, not 84%. So if you have 34% haste in the character screen it would be 34 + (84% of 24) = 54.16
    34 because of your haste 24 because of the 10% attack speed bonus that isn't haste.

- - - Updated - - -

After a long period of testing, I can conclude that it rarely procs. Meaning that either it's really low by default or that they already added in the reduced proc chance.

I am by no means advocating that hunters should be using caster trinkets.

During my testing with the trinket I found that it has a proc rate of around 100-120 seconds and as Survival it was incredibly easy to min-max enough of your damage in those 20 seconds to gain a ridiculous amount of burst. Depending on LnL procs during amplification I was getting results that were on par with agility trinkets and in some cases beating agility trinkets. Again I don't think this will get off the PTR because just the fact that a trinket with 1959 intellect on it could even come close to our agility trinkets is pretty absurd.

I guarantee the second hunters start taking this trinket, we will see a hotfix the next day. So don't count your chickens yet.

Based off what we see our trinkets are most likely going to be 1 and 4. Unless Multi strike can proc for pets? Trinket 4 will most likely not be taken by dual wield classes and feral druids because it removes the agility on every attack. Trinket 5 will most likely be taken by classes that favor mastery like rogues. Trinket 2 will most likely be taken by monks and others who favor haste. All classes will take 1 except guardian and brew master.

Also, correct me please if I'm wrong, but the only RPPM trinket is trinket 4. So we may see a shift back toward crit this tier as we will only have 2 RPPM (helm and trinket) + cloak? rather than 5. And haste will cause us to do more attacks during the 20s on trinket 4 which will reduce the effect. But still somewhat early and we will need to see sims.

Blizzard should really add pets to multi strike so that trinket becomes viable. "Your attacks and your pet's attacks..."

We will see crit for SV, but I don't think BM will be switching back.

Deleted
    The cleave trinkets are so shit, too low of a proc, and too low proc dmg when they actually proc.

The 24k agi proc is a bit annoying, if you aoe, it seems to take all stacks off instantly, same for barrage (probably bugged).

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The cleave trinkets are so shit, too low of a proc, and too low proc dmg when they actually proc.

The 24k agi proc is a bit annoying, if you aoe, it seems to take all stacks off instantly, same for barrage (probably bugged).
    I made a post earlier going through pretty much every major ability
    I'm sure it will be fixed to only consume a stack on the use of an offensive ability rather than instant damage.

Deleted
    Did some testing last night. AS vs KS

1.Did 100 Million damage to the raiddummy.
    2.Totally unbuffed with a mastery cat pet.
    3. Ilvl was 545
    4. Had around 65-70% uptime on ToTh.
    5. Trinkets that where used was the 43% CD reduction, and the reversed rentaki trinket.
    6. Still stand by my argument that KC is not worth using outside of BW.

Last edited by mmocd658a685e4; 2013-07-10 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Did some testing last night. AS vs KS

1.Did 100 Million damage to the raiddummy.
    2.Totally unbuffed with a mastery cat pet.
    3. Ilvl was 545
    4. Had around 65-70% uptime on ToTh.
    5. Trinkets that where used was the 43% CD reduction, and the reversed rentaki trinket.
    6. Still stand by my argument that KC is not worth using outside of BW.

so your tests conclude that kc does about 150k dmg per cast and as does about 100k dmg per cast, tell me why you shouldn't use kill command again?

do you even know how to read meters?

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    so your tests conclude that kc does about 150k dmg per cast and as does about 100k dmg per cast, tell me why you shouldn't use kill command again?

do you even know how to read meters?
    You are not taking into considerations some other stuff.

KC add nothing to your damage is a straight up damage. arcane shot proc cobra strikes wich also increase a lot your pet damage.

arcane shot is less focus than KC as straigh up FPD as wins vs KC, gcd usage and focus on a 5 min fight should be taken into account tho, if you dont have that many gcd free to fire that many arcane shot then you should be using KC because it will free up more gcd to do more cobra shots and more arcane shots.

we shouldnt be doing this kind of math, numbers are too close and others dont have to deal with this, is it worth? we cant tell yet cause isnt final.

this is like comparing fervor vs direbeast and just looking at the damage direbeast give you, you gota take into account free gcds, you gota count pet damage due to having more focus, you gota count the free arcane shots you are getting out of fervor and a lot more stuff.

Deleted
    KC comes with +10% crit chance compared to AS...

FPD is roughly the same. Both uses 1 GCD. Only thing which might go against KC is 2 set bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    arcane shot is less focus than KC as straigh up FPD as wins vs KC
    Following the before mentioned numbers, even that statement is false. It's a 25% increase on focus and a 33.33% increase in damage. But the before mentioned numbers aren't completely accurate either.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has already acknowledged the KC vs. AS issue, so I think you're worrying over nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Licked View Post
    How do you actually get it? When I visited the vendor on PTR at Niuzao Temple, he only offered me agi trinkets.