Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    You don't have to be passed out. I've been drunk to the point I've been unable to make myself understood yet been awake, unable to actually react properly but still awake. Should someone be free to just have intercourse with me in such a state, because I'm not passed out?
    So long as you're at least coherent to a reasonable degree, you should be held accountable for your own actions. You shouldn't have the power to throw yourself onto guys and cry rape the next day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immorality View Post
    Wouldn't it just be safer and better not to be drunk so that you would be able to make yourself understood? Wouldn't be an issue at all if you didn't drink something that impairs your brain.
    Or guys could not be that stupid to think that being drunk to the point you're not really aware of what's going on or unable to fend them off = Consent. It's not consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    So long as you're at least coherent to a reasonable degree, you should be held accountable for your own actions. You shouldn't have the power to throw yourself onto guys and cry rape the next day.
    I never said one should be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Dont see an issue with either poster tbh:

men shouldnt stick their bits in women without consent - agreed
    women shouldnt falsely accuse men of non-consential sex - agreed

not sure what else there is to say - where's the controversy?
    People like to argue. About anything. Anywhere. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Forced, or non-consensual molestation.

That's silly, a lot isn't reported publicly because of shaming, blame, fear of not being taken seriously, etc.
    And presuming guilt because of statistics based on one side of the story is okay?

Deleted
    I don't see a problem with the second poster at all.
    Is it a bit provocative? Maybe. The problem it mentions, however, is absolutely serious and existent.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    General rule:
    If it uses the term "rape culture", don't argue with it. Not worth the trouble.
    I agree with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    They come from Women's Studies people. Noone outside of America has any clue what Women's Studies really is and have even less idea why it's a degree. We don't have Men's Studies (or is that just engineering/computer science because the gender ratio is horrific?).
    Can you get a PhD from these woman's studies? lol

Deleted
    I am a man (get that out so we can actually see how views differ passed on gender)

"Don't be that guy" poster. That situation is taking advantage, and is rape.
    "Don't be that girl" poster 1. Brings up an interesting debate. If a woman is drunk she can claim diminished responsibilities, therefore even if she was to consent it would be classed as rape. However of those situations how many men are drunk when they sleep with that woman...diminished responsibilities to not be able to decline sex. (I am NOT condoning drunkenly raping someone drunk who says no, but drunkenly sleeping with someone who is also drunk and wants sex is not rape)
    "Don't be that girl" poster 2. Poster 1 does tie into this one.

The idea of "aah well only 1-2% of claims are false like every other crime" is a really disgusting attitude. Falsely arrested burglers, etc.picked up and let go because they are not the suspects can probably get back to their normal life easily, picked up as a suspect of a rape life is very easily likely to be over. mistaken identify may be clear, but if a woman pulls her claim it will still be "bet he did it anyway, the cops just dropped it".

Or guys could not be that stupid to think that being drunk to the point you're not really aware of what's going on or unable to fend them off = Consent. It's not consent.
    You aren't considering that in these kinds of situations guys probably aren't in the most rational state of mind either.

No, you really don't "deserve what you get" when you drink. Too many who think consent still applies just because you gave consent before you got too drunk.
    i'm not saying it's not still rape. but when you do stupid shit like this, you might as well take your pants off and spread. because you're pretty much inviting a sickfuck to do whatever he wants to a person that can't do anything about it. you put yourself in this situation entirely. it's completely brought upon you BY you. it's still rape, and the person should be found and charged for it, but it's your fault too for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Immorality View Post
    I totally agree. People who are stupid enough to drink, much less even more stupid to drink copious amounts should face the consequences of their actions. Unless someone is force feeding you alcohol, then it is your choice and yours alone to poison your mind and impair your cognitive function.
    This is a ridiculous argument. Pull your head out of your ass, please. Taking advantage of someone who's drunk is pretty god damned low. YOU know they're drunk. Especially if you're not. That gives you NO right to whip out your dick and stick it in them. You wouldn't do it to someone who's just asleep. YOU have all the control in the situation.

Saying someone deserves to be raped because they engage in a socially acceptable and normal activity just because you don't agree with it is an entirely new level of stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'm not saying it's not still rape. but when you do stupid shit like this, you might as well take your pants off and spread. because you're pretty much inviting a sickfuck to do whatever he wants to a person that can't do anything about it. you put yourself in this situation entirely. it's completely brought upon you BY you. it's still rape, and the person should be found and charged for it, but it's your fault too for being stupid.
    Dat victim blaming attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    You aren't considering that in these kinds of situations guys probably aren't in the most rational state of mind either.
    Then they've got themselves to blame if they get reported for rape.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Both are as silly as each other. We all here the first one but the response posters are very intelligent. We're always told that "being drunk isn't an excuse" but then when it comes to sex suddenly it is.

It's not something you can draw a line under, it's not a black and white issue that can be decided with one set of rules. If a girl wakes up next to a guy with no memory of the night before then it's rape, if a guy wakes up next to a girl with no memory then it isn't seen that way ever/as quickly. It's always going to be a contentious issue.

Trying to smear one campaign with another though is unacceptable. If they did it more independently then great but I'm not sure they are. Oh well. There's worse problems in the world than an aggressive advertising campaign.
    It is a valid reason because alcohol impairs judgment.

And it -is- a gendered issue, -barely- any women rape in available statistics, so ofc it's going to be skewed against men.

OT; The first counter poster is BS; the second is fine actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Dat victim blaming attitude.
    And accepting that men have little to no self-control or restraint. Way to compliment men, ey.

[QUOTE=Tiili;21721282]Or guys could not be that stupid to think that being drunk to the point you're not really aware of what's going on or unable to fend them off = Consent. It's not consent.

Well guys considering that to be sufficient for consent is another issue entirely. It basically boils down to the fact that both the woman and man are just the average, moron humans. One drinks and circumvents millions of years of evolution and the other takes advantage of a situation that if the woman didn't drink wouldn't even exist. This world would be a lot better if people didn't consume alcohol. It sure would make rape cases more clear cut when altered-states of mind are not involved.

If you drive under the influence, it is without question your fault. If you get drunk and have a one night stand, it is without question your fault.

Just because you have to go back to your boyfriend with your tail between your legs doesn't give you an excuse to pretend like you were raped. Don't listen to all the femi-nazi brainwashing.

Women bitch incessantly about wanting to be treated equally whilst operating on a myriad of double standards. I've gotten really drunk and slept with a fat girl, you don't see me crying rape over it.

Edit: To clarify, I've had a friend that was in this exact situation. If it weren't for video evidence of her making out with him the entire night and laughing and shit during (she basically gave him a bj in front of everybody), pretty sure he'd be in jail. Just isn't fucking right, y'know?
    Last edited by Aschark; 2013-07-11 at 01:46 PM.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    First time I heard the hilarious term "rape culture". What the hell is that supposed to be.
    It's some ridiculous notion that men in general support and/or condone rape either implicitly or explicitly.

Here's a handy list if you're unsure about your own personal beliefs.

So according to that list... yep... every man is a rape supporter. At least straight men.

In short... "rape culture" is not a term to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    you might as well take your pants off and spread
    Can I get this on a t-shirt?
    __

This thread really brought out the rape apologists, you victim blame the inexperienced and the helpless. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    And presuming guilt because of statistics based on one side of the story is okay?
    Stats are just information to make better decisions on. If you want to know about sexual assaults, you would want both numbers. Confirmed and unreported.

It really doesn't matter if unreported is 100% accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Then they've got themselves to blame if they get reported for rape.
    So if two drunk people fling themselves onto each other, the guy only has himself to blame if he gets reported for rape? Haven't we been through this before?

Deleted
    lol feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    This is a ridiculous argument. Pull your head out of your ass, please. Taking advantage of someone who's drunk is pretty god damned low. YOU know they're drunk. Especially if you're not. That gives you NO right to whip out your dick and stick it in them. You wouldn't do it to someone who's just asleep. YOU have all the control in the situation.

Saying someone deserves to be raped because they engage in a socially acceptable and normal activity just because you don't agree with it is an entirely new level of stupid.
    I didn't say that I condone rape. I said people shouldn't drink so that they can be in total control of what their choices are. Even a fully cognizant person can simply be overpowered and raped and that rapist should face the full extent of justice. I just don't agree with people who lower their defenses enough to get preyed upon by the immoral men out there that would take advantage of the situation. Alcohol only causes problems and pain.