Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I'm using G15 keyboard, it has a nice LCD where I can keep track of my attack power. Sure, it requires me to glance off my screen, but it has became a habit which doesn't hurt me in any way.
    I press "c" and look at my character sheet during the fight, 'cos that's how i roll....

Edit: shit i just thought - that's a keybind! yay for discovering that I'm doing it right!
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-07-11 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I press "c" and look at my character sheet during the fight, 'cos that's how i roll....

Edit: shit i just thought - that's a keybind! yay for discovering that I'm doing it right!
    Dear fucking god.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    do you mind putting a small pic in here how they look ingame?
    It just looks just like the icon of the buff with number on the bottom side of it. You will need to adjust the position and maybe size so it would fit you.

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Well, last night we tried killing bats for the first time instead of kiting (25H). Funny enough, but both tanks got ranked (DK tanked the boss and threw diseases/BB on bats, and I was tanking bats).
    We got tired with random deaths on our offspec Brewmaster monk on that boss and decided to do it the "proper" way.
    Killing bats is more fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Dear fucking god.
    Yeah, I found that method to be most time consuming. Personally if I wish to find out my attack power I simply cast a holy wrath, reduce 4100 from the damage and divide by 0.91

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, I found that method to be most time consuming. Personally if I wish to find out my attack power I simply cast a holy wrath, reduce 4100 from the damage and divide by 0.91
    That has to be the most overly-Asian solution to a problem that can be solved with WA/TMW that I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    That has to be the most overly-Asian solution to a problem that can be solved with WA/TMW that I've ever seen.
    Maybe I should have added the italic pink comic sans.

Maybe I should have added the italic pink comic sans.
    Well we had some god-among-men who was talking about how they don't use a HoPo bar because they track it all manually in their head, so you never know who might take something like that to heart!
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I'll try that instead - my maths aint too good though, so ill have to use a calculator.

this assumes that holy wrath aint on cd and it's time to use a filler - feck it, prefer my way :/

DONT JUDGE ME!

Has anyone solo-tanked H Meg? My RL asked me to solo-tank it but I found the breaths to be a bit much. I'm thinking with some better CD management it's easily doable, but any tips/advice would be helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Has anyone solo-tanked H Meg? My RL asked me to solo-tank it but I found the breaths to be a bit much. I'm thinking with some better CD management it's easily doable, but any tips/advice would be helpful.
    I think most people solo tank meg. There is a thread about it on maintankadin if my memory serves me. Fairly certain there was a better thread for it on MT, but I cant seem to find it in just a quick look, however this thread also goes into it a bit.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...p?f=48&t=33400

We definitely don't solo-tank HC Meg, FWIW. With DPS as high as it is now, even 2-tank/3-heal we still push heads before 2 breaths. In fact, if we had MORE DPS, we'd likely have even harder time with the fight, as we're already burning heads ~40-45seconds, meaning I can't even drop LH for every rampage.

YMMV based on raid DPS, but unless going for rankings, it seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

My $0.02.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Well Nairobi, maybe your dps is high enough, or almost too high, but it is rather safe to assume that for a group that just reached Megaera now, will not be in the same position.

A valid point, but we've had this problem since week ~4-5 as I recall. And I'd wager that our ilvl then was a fair bit lower than a group just now getting there, given farm time and upgrades.

BUT

it's still a valid point. Just wanted to chime in with what WE found to work. To help more, we'll have to know what his group is currently stumbling on with the fight. If he's able to 2-tank and still get heads down before 3 breaths, DPS is on point enough for a kill.
    20k and counting...

A valid point, but we've had this problem since week ~4-5 as I recall. And I'd wager that our ilvl then was a fair bit lower than a group just now getting there, given farm time and upgrades.

BUT

it's still a valid point. Just wanted to chime in with what WE found to work. To help more, we'll have to know what his group is currently stumbling on with the fight. If he's able to 2-tank and still get heads down before 3 breaths, DPS is on point enough for a kill.
    Our raid ilvl is ~530. On our best attempt last night (4 heads down), we 2 tanked, 3 healed the fight and our DPS ranged from 130k-160k. IIRC, none of the heads had 3 breaths on that attempt, but I can't say for sure.

Our last pull went pretty well until we found ourselves overwhelmed by Cinders and Torrents of Ice during a rampage. Logs are below:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12886&e=13165

Can't peruse right now, so let me ask this:

Do you have a warlock(s)?

If so - try this. Place the gateway between the R and B head, and extend it back towards where the mushrooms/spiders are. Also, make sure you kill those! Then, when a DPS gets targetted by Torrent, they should run out/back and to the rear gateway. Take the gateway back up to the front, and resume DPS/Healing. This will keep the ice in a nice, compact patch/line in the middle/back of the room, and keep the front of the room clear for stacking/add management/movement. This pretty much negates the entirety of the Torrent's mechanic, leaving only cinders to worry about.
    20k and counting...

Can't peruse right now, so let me ask this:

Do you have a warlock(s)?

If so - try this. Place the gateway between the R and B head, and extend it back towards where the mushrooms/spiders are. Also, make sure you kill those! Then, when a DPS gets targetted by Torrent, they should run out/back and to the rear gateway. Take the gateway back up to the front, and resume DPS/Healing. This will keep the ice in a nice, compact patch/line in the middle/back of the room, and keep the front of the room clear for stacking/add management/movement. This pretty much negates the entirety of the Torrent's mechanic, leaving only cinders to worry about.
    Yeah, we were doing this, but only had very limited attempts on Meg last night (I think we had like 3-4 actual pulls). We run a fairly melee heavy comp so it'll definitely take some practice for us to get used to running out in time. Seems like a fairly easy fight, hoping to get it down on Monday.

Thanks for the pointers!

i think you mean subtract 4300 divide by 1.82 to get SP and then divide by 2 to get AP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Why in the world would you want to solo tank it? It's like the worst boss to solo tank. EVER. Once your dps has enough gear, fight becomes fairly trivial, and only thing you need to worry about is rampages. I remember the times before our first 25H kill when we sometimes got up to 5 breaths on red/green combo and had sometimes to switch tanks on blue/green after 3 stacks because we weren't fast enough and blue tank got stunned. Tank damage intake gets retardedly high if you get 4+ stacks. With 2 heads on you, I can imagine that you would have high spikes at 3rd breath already (esp on red+green up).

Why in the world would you want to solo tank it?
    Well for 10H I'd say it's because having to heal the second tank on the purple/green combo is a bit tricky, you gain like 150k dps and handling 2 both heads at the same time isn't that hard after all.

- - - Updated - - -

With 2 heads on you, I can imagine that you would have high spikes at 3rd breath already (esp on red+green up).
    3-4 stacks o0? Our strategy is based on always getting 2 and using Heroism on the second redhead to avoid having a tank with 2 fire stacks on the green/purple combo.