Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shaman 5.4 Glyphs (rant-ish)

I've sent tons of suggestions to Blizzard, even made a post on these forums where people could suggest their own cosmetic glyphs for Shamans, and there was some great ideas, but I'm a bit disappointed that there still isn't anything after 2 'sets' of NYI Glyphs were added with not even one for shamans, and we currently have THREE cosmetic glyphs, all of which are ugly if you ask me (Especially because of the terrible polygonial wolf models).

Anyone agree, disagree? Share your thoughts.

I hope we see something decent, post your ideas too if you can think of a great cosmetic glyph!

PS: I say "rant-ish", I'm not angry though, it's cosmetic for goodness sake so it's not a BIG deal
    --------------------
    15/07/2013: 20:06 GMT+1 EDIT: RESULT...

•Glyph of Astral Fixation (NYI) (New) Astral Recall now takes you to your capital's Earthshrine.
    •Glyph of Eternal Earth (New) Your Lightning Bolt has a chance to add a charge to your currently active Earth Shield. This cannot cause Earth Shield to exceed 9 charges. Major Glyph.
    •Glyph of Flaming Serpents (New) Your Searing Totem now resembles Vol'jin's Serpent Ward.
    •Glyph of Lingering Ancestors (NYI) (New) Resurrecting someone with Ancestral Spirit causes a ghostly ancestor to follow them around for a short time.
    •Glyph of Purging (New) Successfully Purging a target now grants a stack of Maelstrom Weapon. Major Glyph.
    •Glyph of Spirit Raptors (NYI) (New) Your Spirit Wolves are replaced with Spirit Raptors.•Glyph of Spirit Wolf (New) Ghost Wolf can be now be used while you are a ghost.
    •Glyph of the Compi (NYI) (New) Your Hex now transforms enemies into a Compi.

The Underlined ones are the ones I'm very happy for Especially Spirit Raptors, keep 'em comin' Blizzard!
    Last edited by mmocb2d52b93c1; 2013-07-15 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Its funny because I actually said that in a conversation with my guildies today.

My biggest wtf moment is the part where Frost Mages, like Deathknights, get a glyph to change their pet look.

BUT when all 3 shaman specs use 2 diferent Elementals (even if they change their apperance with the lv90 talent) we don't have any sort of cosmetic glyph that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree completely.

Classes with already awesome glyphs get more, while shamans still have abomination like glyph of far sight.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    General Shaman design is lazy. From the talents to the glyphs, Blizzard just doesn't seem to be as creative with Shaman glyphs and talents as they are with other classes. It really sucks, because they could make some great Shaman stuff if they tried.

I've recommended "Glyph of Natural Disaster: Your Lava Burst explodes from beneath the target and Lightning Bolt strikes from a cloud above the target." I just want it already damnit!!!

blizzard doesnt play shamans, they havent since cata launched, this should be apparent to everyone.

Shamans have always been an oversight. Not much time or effort has been put into Elemental or Enhancement design, we have 1 major CD (2 if you really count FET) which is shared between specs where Balance Druids get ~3? Just always feel left in the dark, a bit like Rogues and Hunters really. I do wonder if it's because so few people play this classes in high end PvE now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    we have 1 major CD
    ummmm what?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Just accept that everything relating to shaman is left to last / almost last and has been since BC.
    Our tier sets are always one of the last, if not the last, to be revelled so I'm not suprised not to see any new shaman gylphs yet. They will come, and they probably will be dissappointing compared to others, but they will come...

Deleted
    Maybe someone should tell GC to get hit by a bus. That worked last time, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    Maybe someone should tell GC to get hit by a bus. That worked last time, didn't it?
    no he popped divine shield and hearthed

10+ Year Old Account
    it's obvious that different developers are assigned to different classes and some of those developers just LOVE glyphs.

look at warriors. they have like 5000 glyphs to choose from. It's insane how many glyphs i have to choose from (both minor and major) on my warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    Hah bus shock jokes are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    General Shaman design is lazy. From the talents to the glyphs, Blizzard just doesn't seem to be as creative with Shaman glyphs and talents as they are with other classes. It really sucks, because they could make some great Shaman stuff if they tried.
    Someone who hasn't played Shaman would see this as QQ. But honestly, having played every class, I agree 100% with this.

I would also add that the Shaman specs/rotation also lack creativity, except perhaps Enh, which has had some pretty awesome rotations in its history.

I think Shamans do get overlooked. Our wheel isn't squeaky enough, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Someone who hasn't played Shaman would see this as QQ. But honestly, having played every class, I agree 100% with this.

I would also add that the Shaman specs/rotation also lack creativity, except perhaps Enh, which has had some pretty awesome rotations in its history.

I think Shamans do get overlooked. Our wheel isn't squeaky enough, maybe.

I am ambivalent about it. On the one hand both Enh and Ele are not too difficult to play and do great damage, but you can just tell that the class design has no vision to it. We don't have a real resource at all, not like so many other classes (Warlocks, for all their balancing issues, were obviously designed by a guy with vision [Xelnath] Before he got fired, Shadow priests and Balance Druids are more elegantly designed than Elemental).

Look for example at Shaman's Damage allocation, When one spell makes up 50% of your damage (Lava Burst [or Chain Lightning]) and your rotational cooldowns all together make up 0.5~2% of damage each, you can tell the class is just sloppily designed.

Or take Enhancement, where you have literally 20 sources of damage. Who needs 20 sources of damage? and no resource other than spell cooldowns and stacking procs?

Warriors, DKs, Hunters, ferals, Rogues, Windwalkers, and Rets, they all get some resource that they build with one class of attack (rage, runic power, focus, combo points, chi, holy power) and spend with another class of attack. Ferals, monks and rogues get another resource that builds over time and instead of relying on cooldowns for their basic attacks. Why are Enhancement the only physical DPS in the game whos only resources are stacks of Maelstrom Weapon and Searing Flames?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-11 at 07:47 PM.

Ya I agree, minor glyphs are just disappointing compared to other classes.

I can't even find 3 to use as elemental as the spectral wolf is ugly imo. I just stick with the (boring) 5 min reduction on astral recall and auto applying the water walking buff in ghost wolf.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    I do wonder if it's because so few people play this classes in high end PvE now?
    If wowgraph is right, Shaman is the 4th msot played class in PVE and 3rd in PVP so we can rule out the unpopularity argument.

I don't know why shaman get such a special treatment, it's like the devs have given up on the class and only respond to cry for buffs. Almost every spec has been revamped in cata or MOP but not shaman who has to deal with outdated mechanics, every class has cool non mandatory glyphs but not shaman, hell there are even extended periode of time where there is not one single tweet about shaman.
    I love the class but seriously this silence treatment is getting old..

Minor Glyph - your lightning bolt now looks like you're throwing huge brown rocks at your enemy.
    Dat it, me would be happy.

Deleted
    Lightning bolt, lightning/earth/water shield, weapon enchants... all look dated as hell and could easily be improved with a bit of creativity. Seriously I hate the look of flame-tongue weapon and shields too, is a glowy blob hovering in circles the best they can do, really? It makes me dizzy too.

Ghost wolf definitely needs a new graphic too. Where's the love?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Minor Glyph - your lightning bolt now looks like you're throwing huge brown rocks at your enemy.
    Dat it, me would be happy.
    ..wut?
    /10char