Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really want an Azshara expansion. And no, I don't want some more "old gods are behind it all" shit. I realize that is kinda hard to do considering Azshara is working with the Old Gods, but they could easily do a good twist that would make Azshara an amazing villain.

Azshara is obviously not somebody who would take kindly to serving under someone. So what if she turned on N'zoth, and started draining his power or something? It would be something like Magtheridon (in the final raid we could even hear him N'zoth yelling and stuff). Imagine that. Azshara, betraying the ultimate betrayers. If she managed to do that, she'd look incredibly threatening. Obviously we would see Old Gods in that expansion, but instead of "well the old gods are still behind it all", we'd have a villain who managed to use take the Old God's power for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Actually she's not the most powerfull character non titan / old god, etc...

The strongest non-titan / old god character is:

MEDIVH!
    http://images.wikia.com/wow/es/images/d/d7/Medivh.png
    Oh you mean the guy who was Sargeras incarnate? Pretty sure he's flat out TITAN in this case. If we're talking about him in Guardian of Tirisfal terms...it's debatable still.

Honestly I think the strongest non old god non titan character is probably Thrall or Malfurion. Everyone else is directly effected by olds and titans including Azshara.

Lich King is also out of the running because his power came from the Legion thus Titan.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-12 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    She's a friggen god[dess] and could easily be the main villian of an expansion of her own. Likely this was the canon reason the Abyssal Maw never came out.
    That's a pretty good point, they were probably saving her for later. Hopefully next expansion instead of Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    She's a friggen god[dess] and could easily be the main villian of an expansion of her own. Likely this was the canon reason the Abyssal Maw never came out.
    Azshara would have about as big of an impact on the majority of the playerbase that Deathwing did. As in it would be very "meh".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

This is how I group up character who are in league with each other

Unimaginable level: Sargeras,The Pantheon,Old Gods - Sargeras is likely the strongest of this group.

Ridiculuosly powerful: Kil'jaeden,Archimonde,Deathwing(Cata),Post WotA Azshara,Sargeras possesed Medivh - KJ is the strongest in this group imo.

Demigod level: Lich King,Ancients(some ancients are exeptionally strong like Malorne),Dragon Aspects,Malfurion(Only mortal who Archimonde even considered a worthy enemy),Original Azshara,Aegwyn,Uncorrupted Medivh - Dragon Aspects are the strongest here.

Powerful mortal: Illidan,Arthas before merging with Ner'zhul,Gul'dan,Thrall,Jaina,Rhonin,Tichondrius,Mannoroth and some more - I don't know who is strongest here but Illidan and Gul'dan have the most raw power.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-07-12 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I only listed characters we have a chance of facing. If I had to include the dead & Jaina:

Sargeras > Titans > Old Gods > Azshara > Medivh > Kil'jaedan > LK Arthas > Archimonde >> Jaina > Lei Shen > Deathwing > Sha Garrosh > Illidan
    If you include some random mages like jaina, at least have decency to put in Velen aswell, I think he'd fit between KJ and LK personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    If you include some random mages like jaina, at least have decency to put in Velen aswell, I think he'd fit between KJ and LK personally.
    Fat lot of good Velen did. If he's stronger than the LK and imbued with massive amounts of holy energy, why didn't he cleaving a swath through the Scourge?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Why couldn't she be the other type of mermaid, with the fish part on top and the lady part on the bottom?
    Oh, tentacles have their uses. Don't make me throw google images at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I just think its hilarious that so many people hold the Lich King in such high regard. He is an ant in comparison.
    It's because he was a big deal in a popular storyline. Which in most people's minds trumps power charts overseen by lore nerds :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Just saying this now. Wrathion is most likely the strongest being on Azeroth. In dragon years he is currently a whelp and he has already kill full grown blackdragons. He gave us the power to kill his father. He has currently gathered power from the bosses in Mists. We have no clue what the extent of his power is, or how much power he retained from Deathwing.
    Is Medivh still on Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Azshara is so underrated it's sad. How anyone can think that the Lich King or Deathwing can defeat her is insane.

Mannoroth felt her magic power and claimed that only Archimonde/Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras were her match, and this was Pre-Old God Empowerment. Throw in the recently captured Neptulon and you have a recipe for disaster.
    Yeah but the books are silly and out of date. Comparing any magic user to Sargeras goes instantly in the non-canon pile in my mind :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This is how I group up character who are in league with each other

Unimaginable level: Sargeras,The Pantheon,Old Gods - Sargeras is likely the strongest of this group.

Ridiculuosly powerful: Kil'jaeden,Archimonde,Deathwing(Cata),Post WotA Azshara,Sargeras possesed Medivh - KJ is the strongest in this group imo.

Demigod level: Lich King,Ancients(some ancients are exeptionally strong like Malorne),Dragon Aspects,Malfurion(Only mortal who Archimonde even considered a worthy enemy),Original Azshara,Aegwyn,Uncorrupted Medivh - Dragon Aspects are the strongest here.

Powerful mortal: Illidan,Arthas before merging with Ner'zhul,Gul'dan,Thrall,Jaina,Rhonin,Tichondrius,Mannoroth and some more - I don't know who is strongest here but Illidan and Gul'dan have the most raw power.
    This is pretty much how I imagine it. Except I put Azshara in the powerful mortal category. Then again I don't read the crappy books.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Fat lot of good Velen did. If he's stronger than the LK and imbued with massive amounts of holy energy, why didn't he cleaving a swath through the Scourge?
    What do you mean by powerful? He was a peer of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden (though obviously before they were empowered by Sargeras). But he's a seer, not a warrior - not all power can be used to murder armies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What do you mean by powerful? He was a peer of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden (though obviously before they were empowered by Sargeras). But he's a seer, not a warrior - not all power can be used to murder armies.
    I was responding to someone putting Velen above the LK. I agree, just because he was a peer to Arch and KJ doesn't mean he was their equal (or even close) in terms of power. Especially after they were supercharged by Sargeras.

Deleted
    The Lich King is very strong. At first when he was still Ner'zul he was weaker than Kil'jaeden since he trapped him in that armor but after his merge with Arthas he powered up a lot. Honestly the only reason we ever defeated him was because of the fact that Frostmourne was weaker than the Ashbringer. Heart of dark Naruu > Cursed Runeblade. We didn't defeat him, the ten thousand souls trapped in Frostmourne did and only because Tirion was able to break Frostmourne with the Ashbringer.

Remember it only took like 50 wisps to kill Archimonde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    I'm all for killing those mutants so we have enough wisps for the next Legion invasion.

She's one of the most powerful, but not the most powerful. That title probably belongs to Medivh, one of the Na'aru or Kil'Jaeden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing destroys all. Unless you reforge the 'Dragon Soul Mirror Thing'. Seriously, a gigantic metal dragon who has gone completely insane isn't going to fall for Azshara, he's going to curb stomp her and one shot her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Honestly I think the strongest non old god non titan character is probably Thrall or Malfurion.
    If either of them could take on Deathwing we wouldn't have bothered reforging the Dragon Soul. IMO.

Last edited by Snes; 2013-07-12 at 08:35 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Med'an>azshara.

But seriously, yeah she's the strongest mage on azeroth, i'd even go as far as saying she's equal in power to the lich king by now.

Aegwynn is the strongest non-Titan/old god character. She defeated the Avatar of Sargaras. And she is the mother of Medivh, another strong non-titan/non-god character. I think Azshara is nowhere near to her.

Aegwynn is the strongest non-Titan/old god character. She defeated the Avatar of Sargaras. And she is the mother of Medivh, another strong non-titan/non-god character. I think Azshara is nowhere near to her.
    Avatar S. wasn't defeated in 1vs1, he wanted to be defeated.

Deleted
    This thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    The 50 wisps caused a huge explosion and would destroy most characters ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colossos View Post
    Azshara would wipe the floor with her. She was powerful for a mortal but not extreme, the avatar wanted to be defeated so it could corrupt Medivh, so I wouldn't really count that as a feat.

I'll start this off saying I'm biased when ti comes to Azshara. She's my absolute favorite character in WoW lore. However, all the evidence of her power is stated directly several times in the War of the Ancients trilogy, where she makes many appearances.

-When Illidan receives his "gift" from Sargeras, his eyes are burned away and his skin is cracked, showing bone. Vashj hands him the iconic blindfold so he doesn't upset the Highborne with his appearance. Azshara comes in, and with Illidan's new sight, he sees her as a glowing being like the moon. Illidan's sight allows him to see magic and how powerful it is. He makes a note of how deceptively powerful Azshara is.
    -Mannoroth gets pissed off with Azshara at one point during the book, and attempts to crush her with his hand. Before he can touch her, she puts up an invisible force field with ease, her expression not changing in the slightest. She looks over his outburst and walks away. Mannoroth himself then compares her power to be equal to that of Archimonde, or perhaps Sargeras.
    -It's implied she has the ability to charm people without even casting a spell, thus showing why everyone loved her (without anyone ever being told what she ever did to help the night elf people).
    -She knows quite a bit about the mechanics of magic itself. Xavius wants to create a portal using the Well of Eternity, in which he succeeded, but it was too weak to allow powerful demons (much less Sargeras) to come into Azeroth. Azshara suggests that he cut off the pylons surrounding the Well that allow other cities to use its magic freely. Xavius hadn't thought of that, and admits she truly is amazing.
    -Azshara feels that she is so powerful (and beautiful) that the only being worthy of being her mate is a god - which she sees Sargeras as. Xavius wants to gain Sargeras' favor to rule Azeroth, and have the power to make Azshara his consort. Even after he is changed into a Satyr, however, he doesn't follow through with this plan.
    -She has always been interested in the Well of Eternity. We don't know what the old palace or capital was named before Azshara became queen, but she moved her palace to the edge of the Well when she ascended to the throne. Possibly due to a charm spell, the people insisted they rename the capital Zin-Azshari (Glory of Azshara, in the "old tongue").
    -When the Well exploded, she still assumed Sargeras was going to come and save her and her people. Still, she waited inside the palace as her Highborne and Vashj were freaking out. The only time of weakness shown in the trilogy is when the black waters of the Well were destroying the palace. She tried to put up a force field to stop the waters, and she did, but the Well's powers were too much. In the end, it's suggested they simply negated her own powers, and she had to let them down. She was then drowning, and heard the voice of (seemingly) an Old God (N'zoth, most likely).
    -She is now transformed into a naga, bolstered in power by the Old God that transformed her. Also, she has the powers of Neptulon all to herself to control the sea.

She was stated to be the strongest mortal spellcaster in all of Azeroth during the War of the Ancients. People had even stronger spells back then due to the enhancement of the Well of Eternity (Rhonin's magic was severely amplified. A fireball would turn into an inferno, for instance.) She now lives at the edge of what remains of the Well of Eternity under the Maelstrom. She built her new empire and palace - Nazjatar - on the edge of the Rift. She is enhanced by the Old Gods, and still has all of her knowledge of magic that the Highborne had collected (which, arguably, they were more advanced in magic than the mages of Dalaran now).

However, she is not considered the strongest mortal mage on Azeroth, as Jaina holds that title. The reason being, Azshara isn't mortal anymore. She works for the Old Gods, and seems to have forsaken the Legion. It should be noted that even Vashj was a magically strong opponent as a naga, and she showed nearly no magical prowess in the book trilogy when she was a Night Elf.

So, yes, Azshara is a major threat to Azeroth. She is most definitely the strongest adversary left on Azeroth, aside from Old Gods themselves.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Azshara is so underrated it's sad. How anyone can think that the Lich King or Deathwing can defeat her is insane.

Mannoroth felt her magic power and claimed that only Archimonde/Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras were her match, and this was Pre-Old God Empowerment. Throw in the recently captured Neptulon and you have a recipe for disaster.
    Doesn't her empowerment with Old God-stuff show that she's weaker than Sargeras and (maybe KJ/Arch) as she was indeed empowered by them? Sargeras is stronger than an Old God, and if Azshara got stronger by their power isn't she still weaker? It's like Azshara has a badass sword, but Sargeras and maybe KJ has machine guns, she then gets upgraded to a handgun (since Sarg>Old God).. so she's still weaker.

This might only apply to Sargeras and not KJ/Arch, but in my mind KJ is more powerful than Azshara too.

Also: How much does someone like Mannoroth really know about how powerful Sargeras and his left & right hand are/were? Sure, he was quite high ranked, but that doesn't necessarily mean he had complete understanding of their power, does it? D:
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-07-12 at 11:36 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt