Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    I don't know how you reached this conclusion from me saying that there was 35 prosecutions for false accusatoins.
    I just thought I'd try a strawman argument on you as you seam to love them so much the other way.

I dont know what you do, but you sound awfully like a courtroom lawyer in your arguments, you twist things to make valid points look ridiculous by taking them to extremes. I've been tempted to start arguing with you, but I'm not sure there is any point in trying to have a rational discussion.

Its not that I disagree with your general stance, but the way you put it across comes over as a bit extreme.

-
    To be honest the more i look at those posters I think the first one should be changed to the second one's slogan.
    Do you really want to be that girl? Shitfaced, incapable of even staying conscious, putting yourself willfully at risk around a load of people you probably dont know? with no friends there to look after you?
    Of course its not right for rape, ever, but really, stop making yourself a victim.

Dont get shitfaced around strangers. you can dress attractively without going for "slut", dont let yourself get trapped in enclosed secluded spaces, make sure you know where your friends are at all times.
    Simple measures that can prevent a lot of stuff.

Saying people should not take reasonable precautions to protect themselves because rape should not happen is like saying you should not wear a motorcycle helmet as accidents should not happen.....as someone who got knocked off a bike through no fault of my own and slid 60m along the tarmac on my face, I'll tell you shit happens, and standing on principles is all well and good, but I'll take a decent helmet over idealism anyday.
    Protect yourself, dont place yourself in a position to allow it to happen. where is that girl's friends? they left her passed out in a strange place with people she does not know? Nice friends.
    Last edited by mmoc7b2c979220; 2013-07-12 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    While I'll agree with you that there isn't a whole lot of logic used in this debate, I'm going to have to disagree with the idea that a woman should never get drunk around men or else they're bringing their rape on themselves. It's as absolutely stupid as the idea that they bring it on themselves by dressing skimpily. It is absolute bullshit to say that a woman shouldn't be able to do those things because of the behavior of a few men. It doesn't put them at any particularly great risk. My cousin's quite the drinker, yet to be raped. Know plenty of girls who have partied and, yet to be raped. As it should be. Women shouldn't be forced away from social interactions where alcohol is involved, and it's an utterly insane insinuation that they should be.
    They are putting themselves in that situation though. When you get behind the wheel of a car, your chance to have any type of accident jumps up astronomically. Women know that there are men who prey on them when they are intoxicated. By putting themselves in that situation, they increase that risk. I'm not saying they should never leave the house or never drink, but be smart about it. Have a buddy system. Don't go wandering off on your own because some guy smiled at you. Take a self defense class (though it probably won't help you much if you can barely stand). Simply take precautions if at all possible. This won't apply to every situation obviously, but in certain situations it can absolutly help reduce that risk. Also, don't get piss ass drunk where you can't remember anything the next day.

By no means am I saying women deserve to get raped if they make a bad decision, and sometimes no matter what they would have done just might not be enough, but I think partial blame can rest with her by putting herself in a bad situation. I think any argument against this is just coming from emotion, not logic. The scumbag who did it shouldn't have in the first place, but since when do people do what they are supposed to?
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2013-07-12 at 08:16 AM.

This 'ole bandwagon.

When the feminists jump on their soap boxes and preach how only 2% (thereabouts) of Rape's reported to the Police are "Fake" it sounds like a very low statistic sure, but statistics are merely a way to present data, and can be very bias... especially in this situation, because their poster is not representing "All rapes". They're targeting a very specific, "Drunk Girl" "Rape".

To that end, the statistic of Total fake rapes is meaningless. The Feminists will never admit it, but there's far too many Drunken slappers who have perpetuated "Rape Culture", and cast doubt over so many Rape claims purely because they cried rape after getting drunk and banging some loser they "liek totally regretted" the next day. And that is what the Men's rights posters were addressing.

People will argue till their blue in the face that if she's drunk, then there was no consent so it must be Rape! Of course chances are, he was just was Drunk.... but iirc from another thread, an erection counts as consent. Which is why when a Husband/Boyfriend gets Drunk and finds some "strange" he's a cheating bastard, but if a Wife/Girlfriend gets drunk and sleeps with a stranger, she was raped, because no Penis = No Erection = No consent.

Ahhh what a world we live in.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-07-12 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    This 'ole bandwagon.

When the feminists jump on their soap boxes and preach how only 2% (thereabouts) of Rape's reported to the Police are "Fake" it sounds like a very low statistic sure, but statistics are merely a way to present data, and can be very bias... especially in this situation, because their poster is not representing "All rapes". They're targeting a very specific, "Drunk Girl" "Rape".

To that end, the statistic of Total fake rapes is meaningless. The Feminists will never admit it, but there's far too many Drunken slappers who have perpetuated "Rape Culture", and cast doubt over so many Rape claims purely because they cried rape after getting drunk and banging some loser they "liek totally regretted" the next day. And that is what the Men's rights posters were addressing.
    Maybe they were addressing it, but if they had an additional goal of making fun of the original poster, it really lost quite a few sympathy votes. Stand on your own, don't go "but womenz can be evil tooz!" in response to a legit problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Maybe they were addressing it, but if they had an additional goal of making fun of the original poster, it really lost quite a few sympathy votes. Stand on your own, don't go "but womenz can be evil tooz!"
    Actually, I think it's much smarter the way they did it. Gives it more context when side by side to Feminist propaganda....

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I think it's much smarter the way they did it. Gives it more context when side by side to Feminist propaganda....
    Its feminist proproganda to inform men drunk girls not saying no isn't a yes? That's a new one... You would think abiding by the first poster would avoid the second poster.

stuff like this is why "Mens Rights" isnt taken seriously.

I really wish society would get over its weird conviction that being drunk somehow exonerates you from any responsibility in life. If the posters were taking such a sympathetic view toward drunk drivers, there would surely be public outrage.

Deleted
    ... but iirc from another thread, an erection counts as consent.
    We guys can have erections when we don't want 'em. It's not a choice, it's a reaction.
    Same way a woman can get wet without wanting sex.
    Last edited by mmoc490fa650f8; 2013-07-12 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I really wish society would get over its weird conviction that being drunk somehow exonerates you from any responsibility in life. If the posters were taking such a sympathetic view toward drunk drivers, there would surely be public outrage.
    Comparing drunk driving to rape? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Getting absolutely wasted, while a bit silly IMO in a public setting, it in no way lessens the responsibility of the rape being on the man and man only. (or female in cases of rape against a guy)

The girl on the first poster looks very tempting to me...

Deleted
    Getting absolutely wasted, while a bit silly IMO in a public setting, it in no way lessens the responsibility of the rape being on the man and man only. (or female in cases of rape against a guy)
    It can only be the mans fault... the man the man the man, (sometimes woman, but not likely)
    C'mon you can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    stuff like this is why "Mens Rights" isnt taken seriously.
    http://www.gender-agenda.org.uk/disc...ity-read-this/

8. Don’t walk around with your shirt off. Women don’t have that privilege because of patriarchal constraints. If you are really, really hot, ask every single woman in the room if she feels comfortable with it.
    Stuff like this is why Feminism isn't take seriously. Your point is what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Drinking is the problem in both these cases. If you're drunk and get behind the wheel of a car, you are still held wholly responsible. Likewise, the issues involved with respect to getting drunk and potentially engaging in sex are far too complex to make this a black a white issue; some people can end up drunk on half a glass of wine, and for others it's 3 bottles of beer. Likewise, it is obvious when some people are drunk; whilst for others, they can appear perfectly sober despite being tipsy/intoxicated. Just how are we defining "drunk" in this matter? There's nothing to say that woman couldn't drink a mouthful of wine and then claim intoxication as her defense for whatever might transpire throughout the night; instigating a man as some sort of rapist for what in reality might simply be after-sex regret.

If we were taking this train of thought to its terminus, the most dangerous places for men to meet women would be bars and clubs; where you would be a rapist until proven innocent.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-07-12 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kanalje View Post
    It can only be the mans fault... the man the man the man, (sometimes woman, but not likely)
    C'mon you can do better.
    What? Unless a woman can rape herself, it IS the mans fault. Vice versa when men are raped by women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I know which one i hate more....

Deleted
    What? Unless a woman can rape herself, it IS the mans fault. Vice versa when men are raped by women.
    It was more how you said it...
    Look at what you wrote compared to what I did. You should be able to see what I mean.

All men are rapists and all women are drama loving liars who will ruin your life to get attention. Partying is like some kind of Cold War now. Gotta shave all body hair off, use a fake name, and party a hundred miles from home to get tail while avoiding jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    All men are rapists and all women are drama loving liars who will ruin your life to get attention. Partying is like some kind of Cold War now. Gotta shave all body hair off, use a fake name, and party a hundred miles from home to get tail while avoiding jail.
    And that's pretty much what it comes down to, at this point i don't think there will be some dividing lines it's just how its, and won't change