Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion, that dragon evil!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-12 at 03:50 PM.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

Deleted
    Milhouse Manastorm
    Proof is Naaru jailed him in the Arcatraz, and we unleashed his evil upon our world carelessly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post

Deathwing, Lich King, KT. They are all evil, truly. They chose their paths. Though forces colluded against them, who is to say any other would have chosen good? Even in dire circumstances others chose goodness over evil.
    Deathwing was corrupted by N'Zoth, he wasn't like "Hey tentacle guy at bottom of the ocean, give me some power and I'll make things go boom!" Arthas went mad from the whispers of Frostmourne, if you refer to Arthas as LK. If you mean the actual LK, Ner'Zhul, wasn't it the Legion that made him be what he is now?

sargeras isn't evil at all really. he wants to unmake everything basically, he's the ultimate good imo, because destroying everything would end the chance for anything bad to happen anymore.

now the old gods... they're evil imo.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what the hell is "pure evil"..............
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    evil is a point of view
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Old Gods, that Is all.
    Sargeras Is definitly NOT pure evil, he just got a different point of view on life.
    And what is evil but what the first quote said? A different point of view. That doesn't make it the right point of view. It's tyrannical, unjust, unruly, immodest, and destructive. Do you want to be a part of that? No?

That is what evil is. It seeks destruction. So, Sargeras is evil. The Lich King is evil. See my other posts on why that doesn't make them pure evil though. At least perhaps, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Pure evil is a person/character that continually chooses evil and has no redeeming qualities.

Example: The Emperor (Star Wars), Aeyrs (GoT), Old Gods (WoW),

Examples of characters that are evil, and MAY have some redeeming qualities, but are unknown: Sargeras, Lich King, Illidan, etc...

If we are going by scale. The top are 100% and the bottom are 90%+. Lich King (Arthas) really could be 100% evil as he didn't show anything redeeming, even after he died. Thought I can't remember if he showed any remorse after his death. It really comes down to, in death, if they show any remorse (to see if they held any redeeming qualities).
    i disagree on the old gods. They are just trying to get free right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    Deathwing was corrupted by N'Zoth, he wasn't like "Hey tentacle guy at bottom of the ocean, give me some power and I'll make things go boom!" Arthas went mad from the whispers of Frostmourne, if you refer to Arthas as LK. If you mean the actual LK, Ner'Zhul, wasn't it the Legion that made him be what he is now?
    Don't try to befuddle things. Corruption doesn't take away the responsibility for ones actions. Deathwing may have been "corrupted" but he still chose to a) listen and b) act on those things. Don't try to take away the responsibility of characters just because they chose less savory paths!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    i disagree on the old gods. They are just trying to get free right now.
    And do what? Wreak havoc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont even think deathwing or the lich king were pure evil. They were insane/misunderstood.
    Night Elves.. They constantly try to concoct new ways of destroying the world..
    Draenai.. They travel from planet to planet, leading the Burning Legion invasion.. They are not fugitives, they are a vanguard!!
    Gnomes.. Just because they are GNOAMS!
    Worgen.. Everyone knows werewolves are evil..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    sargeras isn't evil at all really. he wants to unmake everything basically, he's the ultimate good imo, because destroying everything would end the chance for anything bad to happen anymore.

now the old gods... they're evil imo.
    he just doesnt want to end everything, he wants to end everything and then remake it in his image of total and utter chaos.

so bad things happening Eternally for everything.

also. its irrelevant what these beings were, rather what they are now, thats what has consequences. So yes, present circumstances and alignment show many to be evil.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-07-12 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    The Lich King... not Arthas, i mean the original Lich King...
    the lich king ie. ner'zhul was a powerful shaman and loved by pretty much every orc. After he found out the burning legion had been manipulating him he tried to stop them however was betrayed by gul'dan. That doesn't sound evil to me :P

I would say old gods/ sha are the closest things to pure evil ...even the burning legion/scourge has some good quality s
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-07-12 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Old Gods, they are pretty much the ones that mess up alot of people/creatures. All of the Shas are just a manifestation of fear/anger/pride/etc in people, wouldn't really call them pure evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Old Gods, they are pretty much the ones that mess up alot of people/creatures. All of the Shas are just a manifestation of fear/anger/pride/etc in people, wouldn't really call them pure evil.
    You didn't read the OP, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    They ret-conned Sargeras' story. Originally, yes, he was a nice guy... and the Eredar corrupted him. Now, he was evil to start with and he corrupted the Eredar, leading the Draenei to splinter off from them.
    Huh. Interesting. I don't remember that. Was this mentioned in one of those Q&A sessions or something?

Good is subjective, I don't think there really is a "pure" evil.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Depends on what the hell is "pure evil"..............
    My personal interpretation is someone who has always been evil. If someone could be considered good at any point in their life, then I wouldn't consider them "pure" evil, regardless of what atrocities they may commit. Pure evil would be someone who has never done any good, unless it was to deceive others into thinking they were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta agree with Murlocs being pure evil. Just look at them *Shivers*

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Milhouse Manastorm
    Proof is Naaru jailed him in the Arcatraz, and we unleashed his evil upon our world carelessly
    --SNIP--

Don't post memes
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-12 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    My personal interpretation is someone who has always been evil. If someone could be considered good at any point in their life, then I wouldn't consider them "pure" evil, regardless of what atrocities they may commit. Pure evil would be someone who has never done any good, unless it was to deceive others into thinking they were good.
    Name one character that was evil from the get go.

Even the "Evilness" of the Old Gods is debatable.

The Old Gods enjoyed chaos and change. And they forced the elements into a state a constant war which brought about this state of constant change. But change is not always bad. Think of it as evolution.

But they also created intelligent races, like the Aqir and the Mantid. Races that while oppose the newer races, in and unto themselves all built great civilizations.

The Old Gods even to some extent freed the races of Azeroth from the servitude they where placed in by the Titans. Gnomes, Dwarfs, Humans, Tol'vir all constructs of the Titans bound to eternal servitude. The Curse of Flesh broke the bonds of these races to change and develop in new ways. Yes some form are corrupted, like the Trogg, but without the chance to change and evolve no improvement is possible.

The Old Gods are chaotic for certain, but actually how evil they are is debatable. After all Azeroth was their world. The Titans were the invaders who just shown up and decided to completely reorganize the planet in their image, and tried to kill or at least imprison the original inhabitants/owners.