Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Well for 10H I'd say it's because having to heal the second tank on the purple/green combo is a bit tricky, you gain like 150k dps and handling 2 both heads at the same time isn't that hard after all.
    Bingo. Healing the 2nd tank can be extremely tricky during purple/green since the 2nd tank is on the other side of the platform.

According to the link Firefly posted above, it's supposedly fairly easy to solo-tank by rolling DP, Pain Sup, GoAK, and AD. Either way, I think we'll probably stick to two-tank because our DPS should be good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for 10H I'd say it's because having to heal the second tank on the purple/green combo is a bit tricky, you gain like 150k dps and handling 2 both heads at the same time isn't that hard after all.

- - - Updated - - -

3-4 stacks o0? Our strategy is based on always getting 2 and using Heroism on the second redhead to avoid having a tank with 2 fire stacks on the green/purple combo.
    Oh well, I guess it boils down to 10vs25 differences. Even at 538-ish guild itemlevel we kill most heads within 3 breaths, and sometimes get up to 4 on 2nd red+green combo due to double add spawns.

Deleted
    yeah on 25 man we're always between 3-4 breathes (quite close to 4 breathes on some heads) - guess shit just dies faster on 10 man. cant imagine tanking 2 heads on 25H tbh - the damage must be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Bingo. Healing the 2nd tank can be extremely tricky during purple/green since the 2nd tank is on the other side of the platform.

According to the link Firefly posted above, it's supposedly fairly easy to solo-tank by rolling DP, Pain Sup, GoAK, and AD. Either way, I think we'll probably stick to two-tank because our DPS should be good enough.
    Really? I'm the green tank, and I just keep myself alive for the 2 times that I'm out in Africa while the raid is on purple. I never found it hard, given that you just DivProt first breath, then GoAK 2nd (if we even get one) or DivProt first/AD+WOG second. I might catch some off-heals from the monk or disc when they're running/kiting ice, but I'd say ~85% of my healing is me there.

But yes, strongly suggest 2 tank, just seems silly to solo, to me anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Really? I'm the green tank, and I just keep myself alive for the 2 times that I'm out in Africa while the raid is on purple. I never found it hard, given that you just DivProt first breath, then GoAK 2nd (if we even get one) or DivProt first/AD+WOG second. I might catch some off-heals from the monk or disc when they're running/kiting ice, but I'd say ~85% of my healing is me there.

But yes, strongly suggest 2 tank, just seems silly to solo, to me anyway.
    I haven't had any problems, it's mostly our DK tank. He seems to get overwhelmed out there in..."Africa".

I haven't had any problems, it's mostly our DK tank. He seems to get overwhelmed out there in..."Africa".
    Well, could always swap tank assignments/order so that he only has to do it once (6th head). Between ERW first, and AMS+pact second breaths, he should be cake. /shrug.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Well, could always swap tank assignments/order so that he only has to do it once (6th head). Between ERW first, and AMS+pact second breaths, he should be cake. /shrug.
    Wouldn't he have to do 3rd and 6th head? Our proposed kill order is B-R-P-B-R-P-B

Wouldn't he have to do 3rd and 6th head? Our proposed kill order is B-R-P-B-R-P-B
    That's our kill order, and we do it with either paladin or monk (both me) + dk. I personally do the same rotation every time, G>R>G>B>R>G>B, while he takes the other heads. There are times when we might have to swap at the second blue head if we're going to get a 3rd breath (very rare), so that he doesn't get another stack of the breath since he technically tanks green through two head phases. I do think he mentioned one night that he's able to use AMS on one of the breaths to negate it... not 100% certain though.

You can just have 1 healer stand in the middle area or to the side the two times the tank is on the green head (while everyone else is on purple) so he can reach him. Everyone else stands to the left for the purple head which points towards the middle region. Usually when the tank goes from red/green->purple/green DKs have a bit harder time with the magic from the dot especially with 2+ stacks if they were tanking red and going to green. (At least this is what I've experienced healing it with a DK and Monk tank.) He should only have to do it once as P/G combo is separated by 2 heads.
    We had like 3 weeks of banging our heads against the wall wondering why the fight was harder with better gear. Finally one time we brought a (basically) newly 90 mage to the fight and it seemed so much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    yeah on 25 man we're always between 3-4 breathes (quite close to 4 breathes on some heads) - guess shit just dies faster on 10 man. cant imagine tanking 2 heads on 25H tbh - the damage must be insane.
    Well, the breaths hit for the same amount on 10HC and 25HC, but you will run out of CDs with that many breath / head. (Although obviously the heads will die faster if you 1 tank it, and you might have more externals depending on your comp in 25m.) Although neither do I think, that it would be worth it. Except if DPS would be a serious issue.

Here's how we do it.

#1 - Monk B, Pal G
    #2 - Pal R, Monk G
    #3 - Monk P, Pal G *Africa
    #4 - Pal B, Monk G
    #5 - Monk R, Pal G
    #6 - Pal P, Monk G *Africa
    #7 - Monk B, Pal G

Each of us has to "self-sustain" (even though we have disc/MW who can toss heals on the move when kiting) once, so we can use our larger CD's. We each are coming from tanking the R head, but usually we kill in 1-2 breaths so the stack is minimal. I use DivProt #1, the GoAK #2 (or just AD+WOG).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    We had like 3 weeks of banging our heads against the wall wondering why the fight was harder with better gear. Finally one time we brought a (basically) newly 90 mage to the fight and it seemed so much easier.
    Killing heads too fast is a real issue First World Problems, I guess... We have started to just adjust raid CDs because we don't have enough downtime for recharges on Lights Hammers, etc.
    20k and counting...

Here's how we do it.

#1 - Monk B, Pal G
    #2 - Pal R, Monk G
    #4 - Pal B, Monk G
    #5 - Monk R, Pal G
    #7 - Monk B, Pal G
    Thanks for this. I love the *Africa inclusion.

Thanks for this. I love the *Africa inclusion.
    NP, and best of luck.

Africa has become our raid team's way of saying "way the fk out". Nairobi is the capital of Kenya, it just kinda stuck.
    20k and counting...

Here's how we do it.

#1 - Monk B, Pal G
    #2 - Pal R, Monk G
    #4 - Pal B, Monk G
    #5 - Monk R, Pal G
    #7 - Monk B, Pal G
    That's basically how we do it, but I switch from Blue to Red and we leave our DK at green twice so that I can take the last green head before lust (we lust on last rampage, between 6/7). Long before we started working on H. Meg, I broke down the heads/breaths for cd usage. H.Megaera CD's.

Deleted
    NP, and best of luck.

Africa has become our raid team's way of saying "way the fk out". Nairobi is the capital of Kenya, it just kinda stuck.
    My old guild said that too every time someone was far away or something similar, I think it originated on Raggy hc during p4 with dreadflames spawning "in africa" or the kiter being "in africa" something along those lines at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Oh well, I guess it boils down to 10vs25 differences. Even at 538-ish guild itemlevel we kill most heads within 3 breaths, and sometimes get up to 4 on 2nd red+green combo due to double add spawns.
    That's why you pop hero/bl on that head.
    Also we played 25H for 2 weeks (just made me realize once again how little I care for 25m raiding) and always had 2 (1) stack there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    My old guild said that too every time someone was far away or something similar, I think it originated on Raggy hc during p4 with dreadflames spawning "in africa" or the kiter being "in africa" something along those lines at least.
    It's a pretty common phrase that people use in PvP too - ex. "I'm feared to Africa".

Deleted
    It's a pretty common phrase that people use in PvP too - ex. "I'm feared to Africa".
    That could be where it came from too considering half the guild did arenas together (2-2.7k rating or so) oh well, you learn something new every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you pop hero/bl on that head.
    Also we played 25H for 2 weeks (just made me realize once again how little I care for 25m raiding) and always had 2 (1) stack there as well.
    Nah, our kill order is B-R-P-B-R-G-B, and we BL the last head so we don't have to deal with green shit explosions for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Nah, our kill order is B-R-P-B-R-G-B, and we BL the last head so we don't have to deal with green shit explosions for long.
    Why would you kill green instead of purple? °_°