View Poll Results: What type of effect would a cash shop have on the North American market?

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • Positive

37 32.74%
  • Negative

76 67.26%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly, if anone is up in arms and playing the "morally wrong" or "greedy blizz" card - there are certainly more worthy subjects of your fake rage. Target gas companies, target electricity companies, target multinationals like Nestle and boycot them. Hell..any company that exploits 3rd world labor so they can sell the shiny iphones and Nikes for an outrageous profit margin to you.
    Indeed, particularly utility companies which are guilty of far more dodgy practices than anything blizzard do.
    At least here the cost and effects are up-front and visible to all.
    More than we can say about many other services we pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-game-payments

There is 31 pages of people screaming about it being released in the Asian markets.
    I am somewhat confused as to how you reached the conclusion from that thread this is only being released in Asia and Blizzard's last statement on the matter where they say "... new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset)..." certainly seems to suggest that Asia is just the start and this is on its way to Western realms.

Back to the topic I do not see how without further information we can say what the effect one way or another of an in game shop will be. If they release an item shop whilst moving to F2P or B2P I can see it having a massive positive effect on the in game population and possibly Blizzard's bottom line although much of that depends on how many subs are left at the time. If they release this whilst the game is still exploiting P2P and B2P payment models then certainly from a player position is a negative and potentially they run a huge risk of alienating players and thus accelerating the already alarming loss of subs.

It would have far less of a negative impact than folks think. The toe has already been dipped in the P2W pool back when the cub was released in Cata, and that didn't seem to really make an impact.

Some folks will quit over it, others will simply provide self justification for accepting it.

I withhold voting until you add "No effect at all".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    I withhold voting until you add "No effect at all".
    Can't change the Poll Oh well... guess we will never get your vote. Can't tell you how saddened I am by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say most players wouldn't care, it's just the vocal few that come on the forums that don't like it, it seems. I've asked people ingame and none of them seem to give two shits about it. Or they think it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It would have far less of a negative impact than folks think. The toe has already been dipped in the P2W pool back when the cub was released in Cata, and that didn't seem to really make an impact.

Some folks will quit over it, others will simply provide self justification for accepting it.

I agree. Most things that I disagree with on mmo-champ I don't fight to win the arguement. But this one I REALLY think people are making a huge deal out of nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YEV94mMGncs
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-12 at 07:14 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Not sure if serious...

You can't possibly believe a cash shop would have Z E R O effect on the game.

- - - Updated - - -
    With intelligence, and realizing so far it isn't being released in north america, yes, i can, in fact, believe there would be zero effect in north america. also, it's not pay to win, so even if it IS being done in north america, that still = zero effect. 0+0-0=0.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont we (us market) already buy mounts and pets? Getting that little tree elemental thing this week :3
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-07-22 at 05:32 PM.