Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    So what would the Alliance demand from a defeated Horde ? Make your list
    Withdrawal from all NElf territories from Azshara right down to Silithus and Gilneas. The Alliance should be smart enough to realise that a: Sylvanas wasn't really touched by this war and b: she isn't really controlled or constrained by the Horde so there isn't any point addressing the concerns over her.

The Alliance to finish the road linking Theramore with Stonetalon and the right to maintain the forts and troops there

The Alliance to provide material aid to rebuild and restore Durotar in exchange for guarantees of non aggression.

The Alliance will provide formal recognition of Horde territory - Northern Barrens, Durotar, Mulgore, Echo Isles, Eversong, etc - and will respect those borders once defined. They will make no such promise wrt Lordaeron outside BElf lands.

There'll be other issues - Kor'kron to be disbanded for example.

Not sure what they can with the Forsaken or Sylvanas....with the Horde essentially defeated, the promise of protection they provide is very much devalued. This SHOULD be the time frame when she openly begins to prepare to leave the Horde, build up her independence and reserves but there are some rather obvious issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Kosak mentioned in the last dev Q&A thing that the Horde would likely pull out of places like Ashenvale, but that it wouldn't be seen in-game because the conflict there is the entire point of the leveling zone. I imagine the same will be true of other Alliance territories, like Gilneas (albeit it would be cooler for worgen to properly retake it).

Lordaeron is the big one though. I somehow don't see Sylvanas shrugging her shoulders and abandoning it.
    Neither do I. The Hordes protection, the aspect which Sylvanas wanted, is effectively gone. They have no hold on her, nor do they offer her anything of much value.

I can see the Alliance getting the Horde to withdraw from the NElf territories, perhaps with some consideration for Bilgewater harbor in Azshara (actually - I'd like them to replace it with Gallywixs supper-zepp; give the Horde a flying fortress).

Ideally - this'd be shown in game in some manner, even if only with some more Alliance NPCs. The Alliance players,. I still think, need SOME immediate impact and payback.

But Lordaeron? Sylvanas will leave the Horde if it tells her to do that. The best I think the Alliance can perhaps get is to try and limit the support that she may get from the rest of the Horde....but they'd likely just do it anyway simply to tick the Alliance off.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-07-12 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's the thing though, the Alliance doesn't recognize the Forsaken as legitimate; fighting the Alliance in Lordaeron was a big part of the Forsaken starting experience. In fact, it was... pretty much all of it. Whether the Alliance is right or wrong isn't really the issue; if the Horde is withdrawing from territory the Alliance claims as its own, then there's a good chance that they'll demand Lordaeron back either way.

How would Sylvanas react to that? Not kindly, IMO.
    The Alliance wins against Garrosh, not against Sylvanas. She won't give up anything just because the Alliance beat Garrosh. If the Alliance wants Lordaeron, they should fight for it. And good luck with that, they'll get plaguebombed until they give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, if the Alliance puts too many heavy demands on the Horde you can bet those demands are the reason for the next war. Comparable to WWII being a result of the heavy demands put on Germany for WWI.

I honestly can't see heavy demands from the Alliance. Perhaps a few minor ones, but that's it.

I doubt the Forsaken would pull out of Arathi now that Galen is on their side.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Next expansion it will be status quo with Horde and Alliance equal in terms of strength/power but uniting against a common enemy.
    I seriously hope it isn't that crap again. Not after Theramore anyway. Should have been not after the Wrathgate, but you know how it is...But seriously no. I cannot ever forgive they did to Theramore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I honestly can't see heavy demands from the Alliance. Perhaps a few minor ones, but that's it.
    I can definitely see the Alliance making them and being cast as the fascist oppressor, but Metzen being Metzen it would only lead to yet another orc superhero rising up to throw off the yoke of his people and lead them out of bondage, breaking the chains of the vile Alliance, then we'd get to spend an entire expansion hearing about how great he is and then probably another one looking at pictures of his grandkids playing tee-ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit funny how people don't realize how antagonizing the Allaince is. Alliance had military bases right at the border of core Horde territories and only seek to push even further in/closer. Hillsbrad, WPL, Alterac, Barrens, Theramore, Northwatch, etc. all right next to core Horde territories and within striking distance of Horde capitals.

What do the Horde threaten? Without the recent exception of Gilneas (which the Horde attacked before they joined the Alliance), fringe Alliance territories far removed from their core areas. Hillsbrad, WPL, and Arathi are an entire continent away from Stormwind. Ashenvale is on the very fringe of their territory and far removed from the seat of NElf power.

Alliance was within striking distance of almost every Horde capital. Horde was fighting at the fringes of Alliance territory. Not very balanced, is it?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-12 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's a bit funny how people don't realize how antagonizing the Allaince is. Alliance had military bases right at the border of core Horde territories and only seek to push even further in/closer. Hillsbrad, WPL, Alterac, Barrens, Theramore, Northwatch, etc. all right next to core Horde territories and within striking distance of Horde capitals.

What do the Horde threaten? Without the recent exception of Gilneas (which the Horde attacked before they joined the Alliance), fringe Alliance territories far removed from their core areas. Hillsbrad, WPL, and Arathi are an entire continent away from Stormwind. Ashenvale is on the very fringe of their territory and far removed from the seat of NElf power.

Alliance was within striking distance of almost every Horde capital. Horde was fighting at the fringes of Alliance territory. Not very balanced, is it?
    Quite a bit less so since Cata, since Southern Barrens became overrun. A fresh Tauren running out of Mulgore can't take ten steps without stumbling into a war zone. There are quests in Azshara where night elf assassins are picking off Horde grunts from the trees barely a hundred feet from Orgrimmar's north gate. Sure, you've got Blackrock orcs in Redridge and such, but they're about as close to the Horde as the Defias are to the Alliance. It just makes me wonder how much they'd be bellyaching if half of Westfall were taken by the Horde and Forsaken deathstalkers were hiding in the bushes in Goldshire. Probably a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Gtfo Gilneas and GIVE US BASE IN NORTH EK!

off-topic: REBUILD MY GOD DAMN STORMWIND!
    Kinda pointless considering Gilneas is in Silverpine Forrest, thus sorrounded on all sides save sea by forsaken.

Deleted
    Well, first, the Alliance doesn't have to demand anything, I mean what war are you even talking about, the war against Garrosh? Because the Horde also wins that since the Alliance and the Horde unite to fight against Garrosh's horde, how does it make sense for the Alliance then to make demands of the Horde that helped them (actually it was the Alliance that helped the horde, and the alliance had no business there except Blizzard can't make a raid for only one faction) ?

And second, even if the Alliance gets to make any demands, which I still don't see how that makes sense, it won't matter because Blizzard won't remake zones to reflect anything, for exemple things that people here are saying like Horde has to leave Ashenvale, Lordaeron etc etc... Blizzard won't remake those zones again and if you think they will you are only deluding yourself, everything will be exacly the same after the siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Demand compensation to rebuild wall via phasing after lvl 90 so that leveling as worgen itd make sense.
    other than that...well.

take hostages.like 5-10 important horde people(not leaders,just some tactical commanders or w/e

still,rebuild my stormwind ffs its been ruin for 2 years.put some collective draenei/worgen/panda quarter there.
    Please take vol'jin, baine and thrall as hostages !!! We will "surely" so whatever you want. It would be such a shame if alliance executed them.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Gtfo Gilneas
    No. Thats an outrageous demand.
    Expect to lose Ironforge to the Forsaken next expansion.

Deleted
    If the alliance do get demands met its going to be either/or :

1) New theramore ( Not sure because they got Dalaran )
    2) Arathi ( there is still one known 'Living' Trollbane )
    3) The Draenei finally get some love and more territory On kalimdor ( dont know where )
    4) Night elves regain/kick horde out of ashenvale
    5) Sylvanas gets more restrictions put on her. I mean even some horde leaders find what she does repulsive and have told her so. Hopefully that nutcase of a woman gets sorted out soon ( sorted out in a non death manner ) Im thinking more of her Valkyries will die forcing her to play safe. or her sister/sisters do something

I hope its the 2nd option. Have stromgarde / wall rebuilt with a small forsaken camp in the area with Galen messing things up. There are so many interesting Lore characters on the alliance , would be a nice break from Varian . And i highly doubt Blizz would give more land to the forsaken at this point especially with the current feelings of most alliance players on faction favoritism which Blizz have started taking into account. Also Skuerto kind of confirms Danath will be coming into play again

But yeah if the alliance dont get something out of Varian just letting them recuperate , would be the most stupid political move by a leader ever. No matter which way we look at it we have been weakened , Wrathion confirms it aswell that the alliance could have destroyed/ conquered the horde during the rebellion

Most of all i hope Varians demand is we never see Orc Jesus again. Im going to laugh if Lore wise he takes credit for another kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, because as it's shown inside this very post, the horde would crrrrryyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Well, first, the Alliance doesn't have to demand anything, I mean what war are you even talking about, the war against Garrosh? Because the Horde also wins that since the Alliance and the Horde unite to fight against Garrosh's horde, how does it make sense for the Alliance then to make demands of the Horde that helped them (actually it was the Alliance that helped the horde, and the alliance had no business there except Blizzard can't make a raid for only one faction) ?

And second, even if the Alliance gets to make any demands, which I still don't see how that makes sense, it won't matter because Blizzard won't remake zones to reflect anything, for exemple things that people here are saying like Horde has to leave Ashenvale, Lordaeron etc etc... Blizzard won't remake those zones again and if you think they will you are only deluding yourself, everything will be exacly the same after the siege.
    For 1st paragraph. Yes, they don't. Also, they can ignore to help rebels (if they don't want Alliance demands after war), just stand prepared and watch them killing each others. When they lost enough and are weakened from killing each other -strike!

Second, won't happend in game. It will in lore. Just like Dalaran.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much forsaken hate in these threads. There's probably no issue with them leaving Gilneas as they were ordered to attack it. Wrathgate that plague was always intended for the Lich King for his creation of the forsaken taken by a rogue faction within the forsaken and used on alliance/horde as well as the Lich King. So how can you place blame on the faction as a whole it was only ever intended for the Lich King and the scourge to be on the receiving end. As well as how dangerous it was for them to create it as they were scourge themselves once.

There's all this Sylvanas vs. the world stuff too that's pretty ridiculous. If this was the case she would've had no problem with the bombing of Theramore. As for creating new forsaken they were forced into Gilneas and losing soldiers they can't replace like the rest of the races as much as she dislikes Undeath shes not just going to let her people die out.
    Last edited by Stolensouls; 2013-07-12 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    So much forsaken hate in these threads. There's probably no issue with them leaving Gilneas as they were ordered to attack it. Wrathgate that plague was always intended for the Lich King for his creation of the forsaken taken by a rogue faction within the forsaken and used on alliance/horde as well as the Lich King. So how can you place blame on the faction as a whole it was only ever intended for the Lich King and the scourge to be on the receiving end. As well as how dangerous it was for them to create it as they were scourge themselves once.

There's all this Sylvanas vs. the world stuff too that's pretty ridiculous. If this was the case she would've had no problem with the bombing of Theramore. As for creating new forsaken they were forced into Gilneas and losing soldiers they can't replace like the rest of the races as much as she dislikes Undeath shes not just going to let her people die out.
    I don't blame her. She is pissed off because the ones she loved once, defended and died for do not accept her and recognize Forsaken. But, people (horde) seeing how their beloved loosing war against mighty Alliance under the command of his majesty king Varyan, see Sylvanas as last hope for horde, the last one who would not accept any bussines with Alliance, especially humans.

Backing of from alliance territory for starters.
    Disbanding any and all horde controlled offensive movement (Forsaken not included) in several zones across the globe.
    Surely these simple 'demands' are rather reasonable since its not like Garrosh can be defeated by Horde alone at this point.
    Now, its debatable if the Alliance can outlast him, but seeing as the horde already has a revolution on its hand surely some opportunity would arise if 'we' just backed of.
    Vol'jin talks about this scenario in the Barrens weekly/questline but fails to include the option where Garrosh crushes the revolution without the Alliance assisting in any way.
    Even a failed revolution attempt would vastly diminish Garrosh his resources thus weakening him in the process.
    Do you really think a weakened Warchief without a full backing is able to stand up against the full combined power of the Alliance?
    Ogrimmar would be turned to dust within a week.

If it was Varian who went crazymode he'd be hanging next to the Onyxia head on the Stormwind walls within days, this is still a horde problem that went way out of control. The Alliance 'demanding' to be reinstated back to a pre Garrosh state is more then fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Withdrawal from all NElf territories from Azshara right down to Silithus and Gilneas. The Alliance should be smart enough to realise that a: Sylvanas wasn't really touched by this war and b: she isn't really controlled or constrained by the Horde so there isn't any point addressing the concerns over her.

The Alliance to finish the road linking Theramore with Stonetalon and the right to maintain the forts and troops there

The Alliance to provide material aid to rebuild and restore Durotar in exchange for guarantees of non aggression.

The Alliance will provide formal recognition of Horde territory - Northern Barrens, Durotar, Mulgore, Echo Isles, Eversong, etc - and will respect those borders once defined. They will make no such promise wrt Lordaeron outside BElf lands.

There'll be other issues - Kor'kron to be disbanded for example.

Not sure what they can with the Forsaken or Sylvanas....with the Horde essentially defeated, the promise of protection they provide is very much devalued. This SHOULD be the time frame when she openly begins to prepare to leave the Horde, build up her independence and reserves but there are some rather obvious issues with that.

Neither do I. The Hordes protection, the aspect which Sylvanas wanted, is effectively gone. They have no hold on her, nor do they offer her anything of much value.

I can see the Alliance getting the Horde to withdraw from the NElf territories, perhaps with some consideration for Bilgewater harbor in Azshara (actually - I'd like them to replace it with Gallywixs supper-zepp; give the Horde a flying fortress).

Ideally - this'd be shown in game in some manner, even if only with some more Alliance NPCs. The Alliance players,. I still think, need SOME immediate impact and payback.

But Lordaeron? Sylvanas will leave the Horde if it tells her to do that. The best I think the Alliance can perhaps get is to try and limit the support that she may get from the rest of the Horde....but they'd likely just do it anyway simply to tick the Alliance off.

EJL
    Technically silithus doesn't belong to the alliance or the horde, it's been a contested zone for the longest time.

Who knows, Sylvanas leaving and creating a third faction might just be what WoW needs at this point.
    Its almost generally accepted that we'll face the Burning Legion next xpac, but is another common enemy enough at this point?
    Sylvanas going YOLO (well..) and splitting might be a great xpac side-theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Surrender all Eastern Kingdom lands and outposts/villages.
    **Horde would keep Tirisfal Glades, Sliverpine Forest, Eversong Woods, and Ghostlands
    **Gameplay-wise Horde would still have access to Booty Bay and Dark Portal. Probably some secret expedition outposts or something along a coast

Alliance would rebuild Stromgarde and Thoradin's Wall, using Hillsbrad as a DMZ. Continue repopulating E. and W. Plaguelands. Dalaran now parked over ruins of Theramore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance will demand potatoes for all. Orcs discover that Durotar, properly irrigated, is actually superb potato-farming land, and Orgrimmar becomes an agricultural and economical powerhouse through potato sales, allowing them to buy all the resources they need from everyone else, and they become the world's number one potato supplier.

Then they strike deals with farmers in the Valley of the Four Winds to grow uberpotatoes and the world will never be the same.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!