Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I answered your very question on another thread, and it's the same answer:

Yes, I would be okay with it.

And you know why?

This is what my character looks like to me at any given moment:

So you'll excuse me if I'm not CLAMORING for new character models, nor PROTESTING that they must be given to me.
    Then you are selfish, and I no longer even want to talk to you, consider my questions given to people who aren't like you. That is what it comes down to, you are selfish, if it doesn't bother you one way or another. Kindly leave this thread, the only people who need to be here are people who want to pay, and people who believe it should be part of the game. If the option is buy it, or let everyone have it, fighting for it to be bought when you don't care, is selfish and.. yeah I'm done talking to you
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

the blizzard store has never bothered me, the stuff they sell doesn't affect gameplay balance

10+ Year Old Account
    At the heart of this debate lies the rather annoying assumption on the part of some people that because they pay their subscription fee every month, they get to dictate to Blizzard how they should budget and allocate their resources. It's really like every other thing you pay a subscription for: If you subscribe to a magazine or a pay web site like the New York Times, you don't get to tell the editors which articles to write. And if they produce ancillary works like books you don't get them for free either.

Anyone can pretend that because they're a paying customer they are like little mini-CEO's but they aren't now and never have been. The pretense that people imagine they are is amusing but purely fantasy.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, seriously, why do I have to buy them? Why suddenly do I have no choice in this matter? Does the game make it so only those with new models are only allowed to do certain things?

If you are going to come up with a situation where I have to then I am going to need to know why.

For that same reason what if you didn't have to buy them? Would you still be angry if you didn't?
    These are the kind of rebuttals that make me laugh, fine gonna spell it out, the word have didn't need to be taken verbatum. ill write it out long was for you

"If the new character models were put into the ah. and you have to buy them [B]if you wanted them[B] would you"

happy?
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Then you are selfish, and I no longer even want to talk to you, consider my questions given to people who aren't like you. That is what it comes down to, you are selfish, if it doesn't bother you one way or another. Kindly leave this thread, the only people who need to be here are people who want to pay, and people who believe it should be part of the game. If the option is buy it, or let everyone have it, fighting for it to be bought when you don't care, is selfish and.. yeah I'm done talking to you
    I'm being selfish?

You think that art assets are a right. Do I have a right to demand that they add in old unused weapon models for players to obtain? Why not? Even if I can't use them on any of my characters, SOME classes can? NOT demanding that old weapon models be placed in the game is therefore selfish, isn't it? Our money PAID to make those models, and no one beyond NPCs are using them.

I'd call your question a loaded question, but it wasn't even that. You're just pulling stuff out of your ass and then getting angry about it. You asked a question, and I gave you a damn fine answer. But because my answer completely destroyed your point, you just say "NO, I DON'T WANT YOUR ANSWER!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    At the heart of this debate lies the rather annoying assumption on the part of some people that because they pay their subscription fee every month, they get to dictate to Blizzard how they should budget and allocate their resources. It's really like every other thing you pay a subscription for: If you subscribe to a magazine or a pay web site like the New York Times, you don't get to tell the editors which articles to write.

Anyone can pretend that because they're a paying customer they are like little mini-CEO's but they aren't now and never have been. The pretense that people imagine they are is amusing but purely fantasy.
    uhh yes, yes we do because we are the consumer, This is the reason x box took away the DRM crap, if people didn't uproar and move to ps4 nothing would have happened. That is how the market works, we dont need to be spoonfed whatever crap a company dishes out. we pay their wages

and no, your example is not related. if we're gonna use magazines, articles = / dlc if anything articles are content, and last time I checked magazines don't charge extra for extra articles ontop of the sub fee
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-07-14 at 05:18 AM.

Then that's the amount of effort THAT gear takes to achieve. Happenstance that they stuck it into the game for a way to obtain it. If they had added it to the store then it would have just been that: cosmetic gear.
    You're not making much of a distinction...
    Well, without this gear, you can't do raids or progress in other content.

Now, without a blizzard store mount, what can't you do?
    But if they offered the gear to be obtainable via in game AND cash shop?
    Whether you pay for it or not you can still do raids or other content.

Without a Blizzard store mount you can't ride the Blizzard store mount which is their purpose? To be ridden and look cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, seriously, why do I have to buy them? Why suddenly do I have no choice in this matter? Does the game make it so only those with new models are only allowed to do certain things?

If you are going to come up with a situation where I have to then I am going to need to know why.

For that same reason what if you didn't have to buy them? Would you still be angry if you didn't?
    BECAUSE THEY ARE SHINY MAAAAAAAN! NEW CHARACTER MODELS COVERED IN ARMOR ARE GAMEBREAKING! I really need more polygons that I will never see.

I keep seeing people create threads like this, and it frustrates me because they just don't get it.

When you pay a monthly feel for access to a game, it's bad business to also nickle and dime you for addons to said game.

It only leads to pissing off your player base.

Blizz knows that the carrot on the stick is what makes the most money, not an item in the blizz store.

You may argue how the string connecting the carrot and the stick may be too long, or too short, or whatever. But the big deal is this: They know they can't give away the carrots. The items in the store are like...baby carrots. Tiny, and isn't really filling, but can easily make a nice side to go along with your dish.

Until the day Blizz decides to do something incredibly stupid and let tier gear be sold at the store, I will continue to think you guys need to unwad your undies and learn that you can't always get what you want, and that they can do a store with a game with a monthly fee because you, me, and millions of subscribers make it possible.

These are the kind of rebuttals that make me laugh, fine gonna spell it out, the word have didn't need to be taken verbatum. ill write it out long was for you

"If the new character models were put into the ah. and you have to buy them [B]if you wanted them[B] would you"

happy?
    Let's assume that it doesn't completely changes what you said... What if I didn't want them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm being selfish?

You think that art assets are a right. Do I have a right to demand that they add in old unused weapon models for players to obtain? Why not? Even if I can't use them on any of my characters, SOME classes can? NOT demanding that old weapon models be placed in the game is therefore selfish, isn't it? Our money PAID to make those models, and no one beyond NPCs are using them.

I'd call your question a loaded question, but it wasn't even that. You're just pulling stuff out of your ass and then getting angry about it. You asked a question, and I gave you a damn fine answer. But because my answer completely destroyed your point, you just say "NO, I DON'T WANT YOUR ANSWER!"
    I said I was done, but I can't leave such a horrible point like this. they can implement to their hearts content, don't make me pay extra for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    You're not making much of a distinction...
    It doesn't need one; the cards fell where they did.

But if they offered the gear to be obtainable via in game AND cash shop?
    Whether you pay for it or not you can still do raids or other content.
    You're artificially speeding past content to put yourself ahead of others.

And as for your supposition that "casuals" would be the only ones paying for LFR gear, I doubt that very much... Raiders would pay for it so that they could get a jump on raids as soon as possible, or fill in their tier bonus as quickly as possible.

Without a Blizzard store mount you can't ride the Blizzard store mount which is their purpose? To be ridden and look cool?
    And that doesn't impact your progression in raids or PvP in any way. And if you think the ONLY way for you to look cool is with THAT mount right there, then, well... Better pay up, or find another mount you think is cool.

I said I was done, but I can't leave such a horrible point like this. they can implement to their hearts content, don't make me pay extra for it
    And you've yet to "prove" why they can't.

They've been doing it since the first TCG item found its way into WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Let's assume that it doesn't completely changes what you said... What if I didn't want them?
    Then why are you fighting, if it's between free and payed, why would you fight for them to be paid if you don't want them anyway? That is what I don't understand. If you don't care, why are you arguing? If its between choosing betwee old or new, or having to pay for new... why would you fight for the other.

That seems selfish to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Another instance of people overreacting.

Ill say it one more time:

By selling RAIDING GEAR and PVP GEAR they would lose money. It would drive away PVPers and PVEers, causing sub losses and thus a gigantic loss of money.

Can you name a game where the developers sell actual raiding/PVP gear?
    its not raiding gear or such but in the game APB, All Points Bulletin you can buy powerful guns and cars from the cash shop you cant get in game
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I don't see the issue with Blizzard adding something in the game that already exists. Does it make a big difference that you have to open a separate window to do the exact same thing right now? Every other mmo has an in game store. Should WoW be the special snowflake that doesn't because a couple hundred people cry? How is any of this "double dipping" also?

The xp boost is for asian market only. It likely won't even be on US or EU servers. If it does show up it won't be for awhile. Asian market works much different than US or EU. The xp boost is mostly for people that go to pc bang.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-07-14 at 05:25 AM.

If you don't like it, you can just leave. No really, if they lose 5mil players and they all write: "I left because I feel entitled to everything in game for my 15$" they would probably scrap the idea. But as long as you people only want free stuff and aren't even bothering to read what you sign, yeah...
    OMG NEW PATCH(shit bro, the content your sub fee creates), I WILL JUST PRESS AGREE WITHOUT ACTUALLY READING!

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    It only leads to pissing off your player base.
    And a few million dollars. I'm more mad that people would be willing to pay for the items.
    It's like... you're not encouraging a good gaming environment by doing so.
    Why do you want to avoid playing the actual game for rewards?
    I mean seriously... why are there people... asking for items being put into the item shop and not directly in game?

Why are there people wanting to pay more money? It's........ is it just the new players? Or have people always just been so stupid and moronic?

Then why are you fighting, if it's between free and payed, why would you fight for them to be paid if you don't want them anyway? That is what I don't understand. If you don't care, why are you arguing? If its between choosing betwee old or new, or having to pay for new... why would you fight for the other.

That seems selfish to me
    It's not selfish. I understand how a company works and I am able to read the ToS. Thinking you deserve everything in game for a fee... you pay for
    "NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT STORED OR HOSTED ON A BLIZZARD SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO SUCH ACCOUNTS ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD."

BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.

You have no rights, no right to demand free stuff. You however get fast and regular content and a bug free game.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-07-14 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    If you don't like it, you can just leave. No really, if they lose 5mil players and they all write: "I left because I feel entitled to everything in game for my 15$" they would probably scrap the idea. But as long as you people only want free stuff and aren't even bothering to read what you sign, yeah...
    OMG NEW PATCH(shit bro, the content your sub fee creates), I WILL JUST PRESS AGREE WITHOUT ACTUALLY READING!
    please address my last post. Why are you fighting for DLC? I don't get it. if it's between dlc and in game.. why in the hell would you ever say "I want to spend more money" and if you don't care, why are you siding with wanting to spend more money for people who want those things?

I think you're a troll at this point