Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    I see a million posts about DW tanking on the DK forums...
    That's not true because DW tanking's a banned topic on that subforum, and also because I've spent a lot of time in the DW thread advocating it.

- - - Updated - - -

ICC just so everyone who played through the previous Warcraft games can close that story loop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    None, it sucks any enjoyment out of real raiding.
    Define real raiding.

In fact, don't bother, because it's going to be an arbitrary definition. Running LFR is real raiding as you're killing bosses in a group of more than 5.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    ACK!! A 40 man LFR Fourhorseman.... I love LFR and totally am for it but I shudder at that thought.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

For pure humor, watching C'Thun in LFR (given the Green Beam isn't nerfed or at least still bounced infinitely) would be freaking hilarious.

None. LFR is an insult to raiding. Old raids solo are just as easy as LFR, you can see the content there. No need to destroy boss mechanics, skip progression and let people who will immediately demand loot for their "effort" into raids that actually meant something back in the day.

Deleted
    Seriously if you werent able to run ICC during wotlk aka the PUG expac, you have to be really, horribly and terribly bad

Not LFR, but Challenge Mode / Heroic -like fights in the Raids. Not all bosses, but some that are somehow iconic and easily tuned.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is asking here wether LFR is real raiding or not. The real question is which raid would you have liked if it was LFR'ed back in the day so for me it would be Firelands and Ulduar. And Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

ICC just so everyone who played through the previous Warcraft games can close that story loop.
    You act as if ICC has been removed or requires a full group of competent and gear raiders. Players dont need LFR to see the old raids with many being soloed by players in blues who dont raid.

LFR is the greatest thing to ever happen to wow

["]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    You act as if ICC has been removed or requires a full group of competent and gear raiders.
    No, I don't. Don't extrapolate from what I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Players dont need LFR to see the old raids with many being soloed by players in blues who dont raid.
    But LFR would grant you a raid group to close the story loop, which is a far better experience than soloing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    LFR is the greatest thing to ever happen to wow
    It is. Because without it you'd have poor quality low boss count raids.

Enjoying Ra-Den?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I would've liked if LFR had launched a teir early and we could've done Firelands. I've still yet to be on when people in my guild are going back and doing it for the legendary now, and I've yet to kill Rag OR that douche Staghelm.

In fact, don't bother, because it's going to be an arbitrary definition. Running LFR is real raiding as you're killing bosses in a group of more than 5.
    By that definition Warsong Gulch is raiding...

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't want any other raids LFR'd. I don't want to run it more than I have to if there are rewards from it, and trying to teach 24 new people about how to not die during Lich King? I would want to slit my wrists.

Either way, despite what half this thread is, I don't think LFR is a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    All raids at any level below your current. It seems ridiculous that you can only queue at level for the raid or dungeon and they vanish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadruid View Post
    By that definition Warsong Gulch is raiding...
    No bosses in Warsong Gulch.

Obviously the definition of raiding is slightly more defined than what I made out.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

all of them, would love to do those raids in a full raid group with the proper mechanics (even if they are made easier)

Deleted
    If they changed the way lfr works, so that it works more like challenge mode, and it scales everybody down to the average level that people did the raid in, without dumbing down the tactics, then i would love to see all old raids made in this style. The problem with the way blizzard makes pve content, is once new content comes out the old stuff gathers dust on the shelves, or gets solo'd which i dont agree with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    Yet you can bet most of the people bashing LFR run it in one capacity or another.

As for me, I'd go with Ulduar as I never ran it when it was current.
    It's the only way of really improving your alts sadly. With pugs gone and such. Let's face it --> LFR is the most convenient way of getting gear. Usually I don't find it fun in any way. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Seriously if you werent able to run ICC during wotlk aka the PUG expac, you have to be really, horribly and terribly bad
    I think you, as a raid god, are a bit out of touch with reality.

No, I don't. Don't extrapolate from what I say.

But LFR would grant you a raid group to close the story loop, which is a far better experience than soloing him.
    You said that "so everyone who played through the previous Warcraft games can close that story loop" which implies that a player cannot do such currently and I was addressing that. Yes providing a group experience would be different from a solo experience while from a closing of story standpoint is moot and an LFR experience would not be the same as it was in normal mode even with the 30% buff when ICC was current. You also cannot stop and pay attention to everything that is happening in a fast paced environment of LFR, most PuGs ran slower than the average LFR of today. A lot of the story aspects of raids are missed in the fast paced world of LFR.

Asking for Blizzard to rehash an old raid that still exists in the game right now with the LFR system is largely impractical from a queue standpoint unless gear that is equal or greater than the current LFR is provided. Doing such will still result in the LFR playerbase in being further spread out while there are players who already cannot get a filled group during certain times of the week, LFR is a very player hungry system. Unless an LFR version of ICC was made fairly trivial and fast to burn through then you are looking at three separate sections of which Blizzard needs to make gear for and has to decide to ether made the gear equivalent or better than the current tier to keep the queues up. The mechanics for many of the fights in ICC will get gutted and ether be removed or ignorable including with LK turning the fight into a tank and spank with cinematic. At that point Blizzard is better off just making it a Scenario for those players who just want a convenient way to queue for old raids and see the story which Scenarios are design for over soloing them and without the developers having to deal with the huge queue problems that will have to be addressed.

Just look at Onyxia, that is how rehashing old raids into LFR will be like, a short burst of nostalgia that dies off as there are newer things to do along with new art. The players who jump into there at the start will be fine while the later ones will be left with shitty queues. If you really want a convenient way to revisit old content for story purposes then Scenarios fit far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I think you, as a raid god, are a bit out of touch with reality.
    Reality varies from realm to realm. Some realm had PuGs of all different requirements even for newbs with no achievements not only in WotLK but Cata as well. Now these newb friendly PuGs would not full clear but you could use them to progress and get into PuGs that are more progressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Nice to have a guild that boosts you. Because you sure as hell didn't pug all that with no gear or achievements.
    Well there was GDKP(sp?) and this was a month before Cata so there could have been PuG groups and if you was a social person then it is possible to get into a group that was going to full clear that was not a guild group. A PuG I was in grabbed a tank that was fairly inexperienced in ICC just cuss needed one.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-14 at 06:48 AM.