Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be fine to get rid of the achievements from LFR, and possibly knock down the gear item level a few pegs, just to add a bit more incentive to go for normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphadruid View Post
    LFR should be killed with fire. If that is not an option, it should be a raid tier behind.
    As much as the first solution would be the easiest for those who'd like to see it removed from the game, I still respect the fact that there is a huge number of people who use LFR as their only means of raiding and I in no way want to take that from them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The delay and progressive opening of LFR means that players with sufficient skill should have no need for LFR gear in order to progress optimally. Players who have less skill can always farm gear from LFR as a bonus to help them in normal mode.

LFR gives many, many more people something to do than normal and heroic modes do.

LFR: Hugely popular and the way that most people experience raid content today
    Normal and Heroic mode raiding: A fringe activity with a lot more prominence than actual participation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I think it would be fine to get rid of the achievements from LFR, and possibly knock down the gear item level a few pegs, just to add a bit more incentive to go for normal.
    There is no incentive that will move people from LFR into normal. If you eliminate LFR or make it unappealing, people might leave the game, or play less, or find something else to do, but the one thing they won't do is become normal mode raiders. And why would you want them to anyway? Why do you think your preferences should apply to what other people do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Remove the achievements and knock the gear down a few more levels and exactly who would take them into a guild that was even moderately progressed?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    For what, 3 weeks? Big freaking deal. As far as "excessive time spent prepping for progression" goes, running some LFR in your spare time is the least of your worries as a heroic raider.
    You clearly didn't bother to finish reading beyond that sentence before responding. This is what I said after that:

"Your change would be perfect for me and yet I still am not in favor of it, because I don't think people who want some raiding experience but can't commit to a raiding guild should be further marginalized. I accept doing LFR a little bit as a cost of that commitment to a progression-minded raiding guild."
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's very unlikely that they will make LFR and Flex share lockouts. They want people to move up from LFR into Flex.
    Blizzard doesn't "want" people to move into organized raiding. Flex is just an additional play option being offered to players who've been shut out of normal mode raiding by the excessive difficulty of the past two normal tiers.

Deleted
    Hi.

How to fix LFR : remove it forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blizzard doesn't "want" people to move into organized raiding. Flex is just an additional play option being offered to players who've been shut out of normal mode raiding by the excessive difficulty of the past two normal tiers.

Excessive difficulty ? Lol. Normal mode is piss easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    How I'd change LFR: I'd hammer people who make threads like this over the head until they learn they're not the target demographic. Threads like these are the same as when people kept demanding Heroic nerfs to cater to their demographic, the Heroic demographic be damned.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Right if no one is forcing another to run it then why did that player who is going to run it on normal going to screw over their raid group by getting saved in LFR. It is just like someone jumping into a normal mode PuG right before their guild run. It is a bull shit reason.

Ever stop to think this is because these players are casuals. Yes I know it is a hard thing for some people to realize but casuals do raid and part of the reason behind raid lockouts being combined was to make raiding more casual friendly. If Blizzard was catering to the hard core then the lockouts would have stayed separated and the badge/VP cap would have been to run a heroic once a day along with a weekly raid, and full clearing 10 and 25 man.
    If you're a casual player there's absolutely NO need at all to do LFR. If you raid normals you have more than enough gear to start progression in the new tier, and probably even can facepalm the first few bosses, giving some gear and within 2 or 3 weeks you can make some decent progress. No need at all to do LFR. The people I was referring to are not casuals, they are hardcore wannabee's. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    LFR is the current hot thing to complain about on mmo champ. People are sick and tired of it, and you chose to create another thread rather than adding to an already existing thread. Expect people to be annoyed by it.
    Have you ever considered that if people complain about one thing a lot, it means that maybe a lot of people don't like it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Have you ever considered that if people complain about one thing a lot, it means that maybe a lot of people don't like it?
    If people complain about one thing a lot it means that the people who complained (presumably) didn't like it. And in the case of MMO-C that's like 10 people? 100 people? That's all you know. You don't know whether the other 7.99999 million customers are unhappy or satisfied or somewhere between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Excessive difficulty ? Lol. Normal mode is piss easy.
    Publicly available data and statements from Blizzard say otherwise but ... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If people complain about one thing a lot it means that the people who complained (presumably) didn't like it. And in the case of MMO-C that's like 10 people? 100 people? That's all you know. You don't know whether the other 7.99999 million customers are unhappy or satisfied or somewhere between.
    I don't think you get out of MMO-C and the WoW forums enough. I think every gaming website I've visited that talks about WoW has a large amount of players (obviously ex players) who expressed their distaste for LFR. It's just something I've noticed is usually the #1 complaint for the game outside of here and the WoW forums, although it gets complained about a lot here, too. And I think it's only logical to assume that if you see something get complained about enough from all different kinds of people, players and ex players, it is probably a weakness in the game that needs to be tweaked or fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    the fact is the feeling of progressing through the actual raid is lost. You now know what trash will be like, what traps there will be, what the rooms will look like, the dialogue and lore. I'm sure if you only raid for the progression and could care less about the surrounding raid around you these feelings won't matter as much to you. But to someone who enjoyed raids like Ulduar and Karazahn because of the uniqueness and surprises it held this is everything.
    This is why I quit raiding. So you are not alone. Just hoping Blizzard will see this someday.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you get out of MMO-C and the WoW forums enough. I think every gaming website I've visited that talks about WoW has a large amount of players (obviously ex players) who expressed their distaste for LFR. It's just something I've noticed is usually the #1 complaint for the game outside of here and the WoW forums, although it gets complained about a lot here, too. And I think it's only logical to assume that if you see something get complained about enough from all different kinds of people, players and ex players, it is probably a weakness in the game that needs to be tweaked or fixed.
    There's a handful of loudmouths who bitch about LFR, and a thousand or ten thousand or hundred thousand times more players who play LFR.

I really don't know why people bitch so hard and so pointlessly about what is basically the most popular feature in the game, but I don't have any respect for their intellectual skills at this point.

But most of the anti-LFR crowd spout the same tired garbage, and their logic isn't even good since it boils down to "You should have to work for gear" and this notion that somebody else's fun impedes their own (when it doesn't, and nobody spouting that shit has been able to give a valid answer to that when confronted, not here, not on the official forums, not when Ghostcrawler asks them on Twitter, never). While LFR is certainly easier than normal it isn't exactly a complete cakewalk and despite the trolls/complainers who say otherwise you can't easily AFK in it because if everyone did that, the boss wouldn't die; pretty much every LFR I've done people have at least been TRYING, and in the rare case we have somebody who is obviously AFKing or just autoattacking, we boot them.

Repeating a lie often enough doesn't make it the truth here.

Yeah, no thanks. LFR is fine the way it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    This is why I quit raiding. So you are not alone. Just hoping Blizzard will see this someday.
    Wat. You guys could, you know, just not do LFR...

Shut up about LFR already. Other people have access to something that you don't want them to have access to for no other reason than spite, get over it.

Deleted
    It's not a lie, I cleared ToT for gear while being afk 100% of the 12 bosses and not being booted once. Was just watching a movie and followed raid for bosses loot.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    It's not a lie, I cleared ToT for gear while being afk 100% of the 12 bosses and not being booted once. Was just watching a movie and followed raid for bosses loot.
    ...so? Who cares what gear you have?

Deleted
    LFR is what is keeping the game alive deal with it. I'm sorry that your heroic raiding is becoming more and more a niche, but people have lives you know, LFR targets millions of people, while heroics target what 1-2% of the population? Stop with the whine threads, just because you don't feel so special anymore, it's childish. If anything, LFR will be redesigned to give even more rewards, just to keep the feature fresh and attract more and more people to the game, not the opposite.