Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    My friend watches this and he tried to get me to watch it but there is no dubbed version.
    Watch just the first episode and make up your own mind, this won't get dubs for a long time yet since season 1 is only halfway released.

Not real, but I figure we'd appreciate this. Sorry if it's a little big, not too sure how to make it smaller.

Loving this anime so far. Episode 13 was a bit of a let down, with it being little more than a recap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Not real, but I figure we'd appreciate this. Sorry if it's a little big, not too sure how to make it smaller.

Loving this anime so far. Episode 13 was a bit of a let down, with it being little more than a recap.
    Episode 13 was excellent, 13.5 was the recap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't watch unless you've seen ep 6.

I found this so hilarious when it happened in the episode, the music makes it that much better though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qef3kP0Srd0

The episode this week was awesome and things should be picking up now that trost is over. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://youtu.be/RoGxA48HQ1g

On the subject of Shingeki^
    Quite funny!
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Don't watch unless you've seen ep 6.

I found this so hilarious when it happened in the episode, the music makes it that much better though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qef3kP0Srd0
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    http://youtu.be/RoGxA48HQ1g

On the subject of Shingeki^
    Quite funny!
    I'll see you that, and raise you this: can't be unseen (NSFW...just in case)
    Pretty sure that picture destroyed my day. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Freakin crying with laughter here that is too frakkin funny.

Just watched ep 14 last night, VERY cool, if they can keep the series progressing and getting better at the rate it is now, this could well take it's place in the very top echelons of anime.

Eren is an awesome main characters and the support cast are pretty great too (Levi is a psychopath...) which is always very important to me, can't tell you how many anime I've had to stop watching because the main/support cast were weak.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    This anime had the potential to possibly be the anime of the year. But the incredibly slow pacing filled with drawn-out, cheesy inner monologues, totally ruins it. As if the short recap at the beginning of every episode and a whole god damn recap episode weren't enough. I don't care if it would catch up with the manga, why then not just stop making it and wait until the manga's finished? It really pisses me off, but I'll continue watching it I guess.

Episode 14 is the only one i have hated so far the rest were really good. Next arc is a blood bath thou can't wait : D.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-07-15 at 10:43 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Episode 14 is the only one i have hated so far the rest were really good. Next arc is a blood bath thou can't wait : D.
    I thought it was alright. The worst one was when that guy was trying to kill eren with cannons, and the one when eren was supposed to move a boulder but he didn't and the entire episode revolved around armin encouraging him

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    I thought it was alright. The worst one was when that guy was trying to kill eren with cannons, and the one when eren was supposed to move a boulder but he didn't and the entire episode revolved around armin encouraging him
    True but I think 14 takes the cake. I mean Eren hates titans with a passion he openly says it every time they win but nah "he isn't on our side". They went back and forth on that subject for like 21 minutes. Btw I completely forgot about the cannon part. Both Scenes should have taken 5 minutes honestly hardly anything important was said during both exchanges but hella nah "he is not our side"/tinfoil hat.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-07-15 at 12:36 PM.

2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

True but I think 14 takes the cake. I mean Eren hates titans with a passion he openly says it every time they win but nah "he isn't on our side". They went back and forth on that subject for like 21 minutes. Btw I completely forgot about the cannon part. Both Scenes should have taken 5 minutes honestly hardly anything important was said during both exchanges but hella nah "he is not our side"/tinfoil hat.
    Points of the court scene:

Eren establishes himself as someone who will willingly die for others, in front of just about everyone important.
    He takes a physical beating as an expression of people's anger at him. When they actually see the violence inflicted on him, you realise just how sheltered they are compared to people who live in the outer walls.
    We get to find out about the strange religious sect that appears to hold enough sway to be at the court, on name basis alone.
    We get to see how the leader of all the defensive/offensive units responds to a situation which is very tough to resolve, based on saving face and trying to make sure everyone is satisfied.
    We get to see how desperate the Recon unit is to try and re-establish the forward walls.
    We are made aware, that regardless of how friendly people may or may not be to Eren, they all regard him as a danger to everyone, despite what he says. Even after his speech and all the rest, people still don't trust him. This is a realistic reaction, as opposed to the standard anime reaction, where everyone would suddenly love or trust him.

The first 20 episodes, roughly, will show the motions and back and forth of a genuinely, multi-tiered society. How much you draw from each episode, is down to your own observations, but, a lot goes into the minutia; Things that are normally glossed over, but when shown in detail, add more to the world as a whole. It's as much a slow-paced, 'action anime' as it is a sociological and psychological study.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-07-15 at 08:52 PM. Reason: pronoun correction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Eren establishes himself as someone who will willingly die for others, in front of just about everyone important.
    He takes a physical beating as an expression of people's anger at him. When they actually see the violence inflicted on them, you realise just how sheltered they are compared to people who live in the outer walls.
    We get to find out about the strange religious sect that appears to hold enough sway to be at the court, on name basis alone.
    We get to see how the leader of all the defensive/offensive units responds to a situation which is very tough to resolve, based on saving face and trying to make sure everyone is satisfied.
    We get to see how desperate the Recon unit is to try and re-establish the forward walls.
    We are made aware, that regardless of how friendly people may or may not be to Eren, they all regard him as a danger to everyone, despite what he says. Even after his speech and all the rest, people still don't trust him. This is a realistic reaction, as opposed to the standard anime reaction, where everyone would suddenly love or trust him.

The first 20 episodes, roughly, will show the motions and back and forth of a genuinely, multi-tiered society. How much you draw from each episode, is down to your own observations, but, a lot goes into the minutia; Things that are normally glossed over, but when shown in detail, add more to the world as a whole. It's as much a slow-paced, 'action anime' as it is a sociological and psychological study.
    Also at other points in the episode a Civil War/Rebellion was foreshadowed and the Military Police have been shown to want Eren eliminated; with his potential use in a civil war being the motive. (I haven't read the manga so no foreshadowing unless it has been shown in the anime or use spoiler tags).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my opinion on the show? It's a good show. By today's standards, it's an extremely good show. Definitely a vast step above all the other garbage being produced today. No moe blobs, no set-in-stone character archetypes, just somebody who wants to tell a good story and doesn't give a fuck about selling you a waifu body-pillow (the only purpose of every other anime currently airing). So yeah, I think Attack on Titan is amazing.

But I don't care for it. I can't get myself to enjoy it, so I stopped watching it after a couple episodes. Don't get me wrong, the show is fantastic. I just don't like it. Plus, when I heard "Attack on Titan", I was pretty sure it was going to be about space marines. Consider me disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

He takes a physical beating as an expression of people's anger at him. When they actually see the violence inflicted on him, you realise just how sheltered they are compared to people who live in the outer walls.

But did it need to take 20 minutes the whole episode could have been done through flash backs.

Deleted
    But did it need to take 20 minutes the whole episode could have been done through flash backs.
    Why would we need a flashback of something that is currently happening...

So, you'd prefer a compact and in depth courtroom scene to instead be split up and interrupt future plot progression, to explain why the court scene they never showed in full is relevant. to future events?

Unfortunately, this show is too progressive for that, if it sticks to the manga, we'll have almost no flashbacks to any previous events. It's presented more like Game of Thrones, in that you are privy to almost all major events that occur. Rather than relying on the usual anime tropes of constant flashbacks, each episode/chapter pushes the story forwards, so that only key secrets need explanation later.

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/ attack on titan game but its kind of in beta fun thou.

I've probably watched this 30 times now, it syncs up amazingly after 35 secs