Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    It's not a lie, I cleared ToT for gear while being afk 100% of the 12 bosses and not being booted once. Was just watching a movie and followed raid for bosses loot.
    The fact that you did it and got away with it doesn't mean that everyone does it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    It's not a lie, I cleared ToT for gear while being afk 100% of the 12 bosses and not being booted once. Was just watching a movie and followed raid for bosses loot.
    I assume you're just making this up, but regardless, the problem with LFR is people with your attitude, not LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    But most of the anti-LFR crowd spout the same tired garbage, and their logic isn't even good since it boils down to "You should have to work for gear" and this notion that somebody else's fun impedes their own (when it doesn't, and nobody spouting that shit has been able to give a valid answer to that when confronted, not here, not on the official forums, not when Ghostcrawler asks them on Twitter, never). While LFR is certainly easier than normal it isn't exactly a complete cakewalk and despite the trolls/complainers who say otherwise you can't easily AFK in it because if everyone did that, the boss wouldn't die; pretty much every LFR I've done people have at least been TRYING, and in the rare case we have somebody who is obviously AFKing or just autoattacking, we boot them.

Repeating a lie often enough doesn't make it the truth here.
    The fact of the matter is, whatever their reasoning behind why they don't like it, it is currently the #1 complaint about the game. As a business, if you often receive complaints about the same thing from different people, you usually change or tweak that thing, it is considered the weakness in your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    The fact of the matter is, whatever their reasoning behind why they don't like it, it is currently the #1 complaint about the game. As a business, if you often receive complaints about the same thing from different people, you usually change or tweak that thing, it is considered the weakness in your business.
    #1 complaint? And where exactly is that stated?

I disagree. If you keep hearing the same unfounded complaints, you ignore it as stupid people who don't understand things whining about something they have no reason whining about. Legitimate complaints are listened to, things like "It gives people that don't deserve gear gear" and "I don't feel special anymore" are baseless and should be ignored, and that's pretty much the ONLY real complaints I've seen (in different forms of course) about LFR. I have yet to see an actual, legitimate reason why LFR should be removed that didn't involve the person saying it wanting to deny others fun and/or making references back to the "good old days" when raiders were on pedestals above everyone else.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-07-15 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    LFR is what is keeping the game alive deal with it. I'm sorry that your heroic raiding is becoming more and more a niche, but people have lives you know, LFR targets millions of people, while heroics target what 1-2% of the population? Stop with the whine threads, just because you don't feel so special anymore, it's childish. If anything, LFR will be redesigned to give even more rewards, just to keep the feature fresh and attract more and more people to the game, not the opposite.
    LFR doesn't even affect heroic raiding guilds. What happened was, at the start of Cataclysm casual raiding guilds were in the decline. It was due to many things, shared lockouts, higher tuned fights, etc. Not to mention PUGs were down due to both of these as well. So Blizzard's answer was LFR, but in turn by having it be a separate difficulty, it actually made what it intended to fix worse (casual raiding guilds and PUG numbers). So now, they are going to put in Flex raid to try to fix an expansion old problem that dissolved many casual guilds and caused many people to give up and leave the game. It's just a little too late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I assume you're just making this up, but regardless, the problem with LFR is people with your attitude, not LFR.
    Exactly. People with such a mindset are exactly the reason why LFR is how it is.

Also, I couldn't care less if casual guilds disband because their members don't want to raid normals anymore.
    If they can't keep them motivated, it's their problem/fault - not mine and not Blizzards.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-15 at 11:11 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I disagree. If you keep hearing the same unfounded complaints, you ignore it as stupid people who don't understand things whining about something they have no reason whining about. Legitimate complaints are listened to, things like "It gives people that don't deserve gear gear" and "I don't feel special anymore" are baseless and should be ignored.
    I don't know why people think Blizzard is going to "roll back" progress on the game, or why (a few) people don't see what a huge step forward for subscribers LFR was and still is.

Deleted
    LFR doesn't even affect heroic raiding guilds. What happened was, at the start of Cataclysm casual raiding guilds were in the decline. It was due to many things, shared lockouts, higher tuned fights, etc. Not to mention PUGs were down due to both of these as well. So Blizzard's answer was LFR, but in turn by having it be a separate difficulty, it actually made what it intended to fix worse (casual raiding guilds and PUG numbers). So now, they are going to put in Flex raid to try to fix an expansion old problem that dissolved many casual guilds and caused many people to give up and leave the game. It's just a little too late.
    I'm not really sure LFR did that, most likely realm population has more to do with the lack of casual raiding guilds and PUGs. On my realm, both are very much alive, PUGs even do some heroic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    LFR is the current hot thing to complain about on mmo champ. People are sick and tired of it, and you chose to create another thread rather than adding to an already existing thread. Expect people to be annoyed by it.
    Exactly, everyone has now leveled their pandas, so CRZ isn´t that much of an issue anymore.. people have their reputations maxed, so dailies aren´t an issue...so people need something to cry about.

But really OP.. 10,000 threads about LFR.. but you need to be a special snowflake and start a thread about how you need to be a special snowflake because you are a ´real´raider. Here is a clue.. if you are a real raider, LFR doesn´t affect you at all except probably getting you larger raids because Blizz can justify it now. Why do people feel the need to try to remove the fun for other players just so they can feel better about themselves. LFR is fun and a major part of many people´s progression, Blizz would be stupid, and never will, change anything to hurt that just so you can feel more special.

I don't know why people think Blizzard is going to "roll back" progress on the game, or why (a few) people don't see what a huge step forward for subscribers LFR was and still is.
    That's kind of my point. The only arguments I see against LFR consist of entitlement, thinly-veiled references to casuals/baddies/scrubs, "I/some guy I know/that Preach loudmouth ran LFR and was AFK the whole time and cleared ToT doing barely any damage at all", "They don't deserve loot", with the occasional "I'm in a hardcore raid guild and my guild forces me to run LFR for tier so I get burned out" to which I say "You knew what would be expected before you joined a hardcore raid guild, that's not LFRs fault". Not a single legitimate reason, just whining about something that others find fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Wat. You guys could, you know, just not do LFR...
    See, that's kind of like ... not trying to be the best you can be?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly how i'd solve it.

Current LFR Must NOT surve as gear up mechanic for raiders.

Expac comes out:
    Raiders gear up in 5 ppl heroics and go for normal/hc raids. Casuals farm 5ppl and dailies slower, doing all the game questing slowly, enjoing every quest.
    Expact patch 1 comes out:
    Raiders switch to normal/hc raids of this new tier, casuals proceed with the 1st tier raiding. Along with some new items some of them may even step into normals of the previous tier.
    Expact patch 2 comes out:
    Raiders switch to normal/hc raids of this new tier, casuals proceed with the 2st tier raiding. Along with some new items some of them may even step into normals of the previous tier.
    By the end of expansion casuals get LFR with a smaller delay - like 2 month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    This is exactly how i'd solve it.

Current LFR Must NOT surve as gear up mechanic for raiders.

Expac comes out:
    Raiders gear up in 5 ppl heroics and go for normal/hc raids. Casuals farm 5ppl and dailies slower, doing all the game questing slowly, enjoing every quest.
    Expact patch 1 comes out:
    Raiders switch to normal/hc raids of this new tier, casuals proceed with the 1st tier raiding. Along with some new items some of them may even step into normals of the previous tier.
    Expact patch 2 comes out:
    Raiders switch to normal/hc raids of this new tier, casuals proceed with the 2st tier raiding. Along with some new items some of them may even step into normals of the previous tier.
    By the end of expansion casuals get LFR with a smaller delay - like 2 month.
    That is the solution to only one problem - how to efficiently kill WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    See, that's kind of like ... not trying to be the best you can be?
    "Being the best you can be" is a playstyle choice. You can always make a different choice, for example, "Being the best you can be except not running LFR ever."

Deleted
    Making this up ? Lol. Actually inside one of those very "raids" I was actually competing with another guy to be the first to die during a boss encounter, and that was kinda entertaining I have to say. And challenging too, dying in LFR is hard, believe me.

Just to say that we are a significant number to do that. I'm never the only leecher in this horrible crap called LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    These forums should display a warning message when creating a thread which includes the term 'LFR', it should ask if you are sure you want to start this topic a few times.

If you click yes 3 times, then your account is banned and the your post is deleted.

LFR is fine how it is, I don't know why we have to see so many idiotic posts about it.

Deleted
    Isn't it time you people started whining about Flex raids and how they killed WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have probably been better if they'd introduced this new 'easy mode' Flex difficulty, and had never added LFR in the first place. But now that the cat's out of the bag, taking LFR away would be far more damaging than leaving it in.

I'd rather they work on ways to make it so that LFR rewards you for participating more, like minimum DPS contributions in order to earn larger rewards to filter out the leeches, rather than trying to find ways of destroying it for those people who actually enjoy it.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

LFR is fine how it is, I don't know why we have to see so many idiotic posts about it.
    Well... Maybe it's not fine ?