Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I'm confused, just had six games as top AD Sion and stomped all of them.
    That's actually pretty believable. Most people probably have no idea how to lane against an AD Sion because he's seen so rarely. Surprise factor can play a big role in winning lane/winning game. The other day I played against a top lane Warwick for the first time ever and had absolutely no idea what to do. I figured it'd be a pretty easy lane for me but I honestly can't say I beat him convincingly.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    Do some of you use the tribunal?

I did it for the first time yesterday and it was a bit confusing. I skipped three cases simple because I had no idea what to do.

In all of those three cases was one game that would have been a clear punish (strong raging at a certain player, including strong insults), 1-3 (depending on the case) were unjustified reports and the rest were in the middle ground. Not really bad but probably annoying for everyone in the game.

If it wouldn't have been for the one really toxic game, I would have chosen pardon.

Do you go with the majority, so 3 unjustified reports would be a pardon, even though the others were toxic, or do you punish based on that one really toxic game?
    a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400
    from that

hope that helps

My friend went from gold 5 to Diamond 5 on his smurf within 74 ranked games, primarily playing jayce mid. His main account is gold 1 where he is stuck. Smurfing with op champs is retarded
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    My friend went from gold 5 to Diamond 5 on his smurf within 74 ranked games, primarily playing jayce mid. His main account is gold 1 where he is stuck. Smurfing with op champs is retarded
    It's not only a question of op champs.

The (hidden) MMR rises faster than a player can get LP on highly positive win-loss statistic.

I know it's not the best example but the ex-WoW player and streamer Kungen had his account stuck in Gold 2. His MMR, probably due to him being new to the game at that point, just was at the level that is expected for Gold 2. Therefore his LP gains were really small.

He levelled a smurf and went on a huge winning streak because he was simple better than the players in his early games. He managed to get that account to Platinum 1 in a really short time, skipping several division in the way because his MMR was so much higher than expected for the leagues he was in.

Your friend probably plays on diamond niveau even with other champs. The MMR on his main probably is around Gold 5 niveau and did not fluctuate so much due to him being there for a while already. That makes it harder for him to gain the LP to get out of there, despite him having the skill for it.

I hope I managed to get my point across, I'm not really good at explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Acry
    a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400
    from that

hope that helps
    Thank you, that clarified the issue for me.
    Last edited by mmoc57f2e09b5b; 2013-07-15 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting... Xenon mentioned that Galio might be retooled a bit towards a more supportive role.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for some high Plat / Diamond advice here.

I've steadily climbed from Silver 3 to Gold 2. I felt really, really good about my play...until about 4 days ago.

I cannot, and I mean cannot get myself out of Gold 2. I have tried a multitude of things...from going to my go-to Cait ADC, bowing down and playing a boss support, to opting in for jungle and running Rammus and being literally EVERYWHERE and counter-ganking like a mofo.

I feel like I'm stuck...I'm no longer hard-carrying like I did during my climb. I can recognize this, but I don't know what to do about it. I feel like it might be a little mix of mechanics and decision-making...I've been to 95/96/97 pts 3 times, and failed 3 promos. I've since dropped back to only 36 pts in Gold 2..losing a shitload of games over the weekend.

For the most part, it seems as though I'm doing the right things...I'm just looking to get some advice...should I study more streams? Should I play some normals and master some more champs? Should I say f*ck it, Baylife and keep going?

/signed a frustrated high-gold player looking for a pretty Plat border for S4.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any champions at the moment that do great in all lanes?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

I've steadily climbed from Silver 3 to Gold 2. I felt really, really good about my play...until about 4 days ago.

I cannot, and I mean cannot get myself out of Gold 2. I have tried a multitude of things...from going to my go-to Cait ADC, bowing down and playing a boss support, to opting in for jungle and running Rammus and being literally EVERYWHERE and counter-ganking like a mofo.

I feel like I'm stuck...I'm no longer hard-carrying like I did during my climb. I can recognize this, but I don't know what to do about it. I feel like it might be a little mix of mechanics and decision-making...I've been to 95/96/97 pts 3 times, and failed 3 promos. I've since dropped back to only 36 pts in Gold 2..losing a shitload of games over the weekend.

For the most part, it seems as though I'm doing the right things...I'm just looking to get some advice...should I study more streams? Should I play some normals and master some more champs? Should I say f*ck it, Baylife and keep going?

I am stuck in the same exact boat as you. I hit Gold 1, then immediately went on a losing streak that trashed my mmr and I went all the way down to gold 3. I've only just worked my way back up to Gold 1 as of today and this happened 2 weeks ago. I got from gold 5 -> gold 1 through duo queue adc/support then we just kept losing over and over. I instead started playing mid/top as they are really easy to carry from compared to adc/bot lane and I've gotten back to Gold 1. I think I've just realized that I need to play something i'm comfortable carrying with all the time so that's what i'm doing. It got me back into gold 1 and I hope I finally get into plat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    I am stuck in the same exact boat as you. I hit Gold 1, then immediately went on a losing streak that trashed my mmr and I went all the way down to gold 3. I've only just worked my way back up to Gold 1 as of today and this happened 2 weeks ago. I got from gold 5 -> gold 1 through duo queue adc/support then we just kept losing over and over. I instead started playing mid/top as they are really easy to carry from compared to adc/bot lane and I've gotten back to Gold 1. I think I've just realized that I need to play something i'm comfortable carrying with all the time so that's what i'm doing. It got me back into gold 1 and I hope I finally get into plat
    Yeah, that sounds a wee-bit similar to my story as well. I've been playing a lot of duoQ w/ a RL buddy. We've been getting trashed hard.

Perhaps I should go back to pure soloQ and play some Vlad top. I always wreck my lane doing that.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Elise can go top, mid, jungle, and support. I don't know of anybody that's as diverse as her in terms of roles.
    Kayle is just as versatile, and can go all 5 roles. Although going ADC Kayle is difficult due to needing specific itemization and ADC items not readily allowing that. 40% CDR is a must for Kayle, and the only feasible way of doing that as ADC Kayle would be Zephyr + Black Cleaver + Blue buff, and BC doesn't synergize with Kayle that well. There's also the issue of her Q and E splash damage being magic, which would not benefit from Armor Pene.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-07-16 at 06:19 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

its really luck based imo but judging from your elo climb (silver to gold gratz) you should be able to move onto plat anytime soon (seriously until diamond 3 everyone is just the same lol)

so i suggest you just keep playing and hopefully your mmr gets higher the more win loss ratio goes up

you can do it!! just takes time
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-07-16 at 06:28 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Elise and Kayle were mentioned.
    Jayce?
    Quinn, she might not be the most popular ADC, but she is quite frequently used in top and mid.
    Vayne, not sure about mid, but she is good as ADC and toplaner.

I also know someone who is still playing Kennen ADC, so if you feel like that's something for you... he is a great toplaner and good in mid.

Edit: "still" in this case means post nerf. I agree it's not for everyone, and I wouldn't play it in ranked, unless you feel really comfortable that you will still win with it.
    Last edited by mmoc57f2e09b5b; 2013-07-16 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    I also know someone who is still playing Kennen ADC, so if you feel like that's something for you... he is a great toplaner and good in mid.
    The recent nerfs Kennen got (base AD reduced, passive duration reduced) did hurt his AD route quite harshly though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Elise is the only REALLY good one I can think of(can do everything except ADC very well). Kayle is the only one you could play in all 5 roles and do decently with(ADC is kinda sketchy, though. Her E isn't always gonna be up, which makes you useless during the downtime)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Riot looking for Rengar feedback: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3667905

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    What about Jayce? I don't know if his Jungle is any good but he could do top/bot/mid
    He can jungle, he just won't get enough gold to really be a threat.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Interesting... Xenon mentioned that Galio might be retooled a bit towards a more supportive role.
    Super excited for this! I love Galio, if you get a super aggressive and fed lane then he does so well! But he does get shut down pretty easily

Deleted
    I have a question. I'm only playing Diana on my new main account so I want the best runes. Do you think it's worth buying hybrid pen instead of flat magic pen runes? AP quints, armor yellows and mr blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    its really luck based imo but judging from your elo climb (silver to gold gratz) you should be able to move onto plat anytime soon (seriously until diamond 3 everyone is just the same lol)

so i suggest you just keep playing and hopefully your mmr gets higher the more win loss ratio goes up

you can do it!! just takes time
    Basically what our korean friend here said,

Just play the champions you're comfortable with (that fit within the current meta) and carry yourself to platinum.

What Soulstrike said about the players being the same is mostly true, plat skill level is the same as silver, only 2x as arrogant/tryhard. Diamond is like Bronze5v2.0 in the way that everybody just plays whatever they want and nobody gives a shit anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    I have a question. I'm only playing Diana on my new main account so I want the best runes. Do you think it's worth buying hybrid pen instead of flat magic pen runes? AP quints, armor yellows and mr blues.
    Not really worth it for Diana unless you build AD + AP items like Gunblade/Rageblade for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Basically what our korean friend here said,

Just play the champions you're comfortable with (that fit within the current meta) and carry yourself to platinum.
    When i get 6 games in a row being (forced to be) support taric, i play support zilean. Lots of fun. Wonder why i'm still in silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.