Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Are you sure it's duneon and not this "thing"?
    Cutthroat Politics Coming July 23rd!
    http://ow.ly/mWDzP

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Are you sure it's duneon and not this "thing"?
    Cutthroat Politics Coming July 23rd!
    http://ow.ly/mWDzP
    "sponsoring Mists research into one of two historical events." being what the current talk is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massively got some info from a press release which states,

Whether war hero Ellen Kiel or Black Lion Trader Evon Gnashblade claim victory, it will "seriously impact the future events and the Living World we have come to love and cherish," ArenaNet says.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...nches-july-23/

This sounds like they have 2 Living stories lined up depending on which way we choose, not just what dungeon will come back. My mind is blown.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Massively got some info from a press release which states,

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...nches-july-23/

This sounds like they have 2 Living stories lined up depending on which way we choose, not just what dungeon will come back. My mind is blown.
    While it is cool, it's more likely a namechange/pallet swap type deal than two totally divergent paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    While it is cool, it's more likely a namechange/pallet swap type deal than two totally divergent paths.
    This. It's most likely they have the story planned out it's just they switch dialogue with whoever wins.

Ill vote for Evon - Charr power! :P
    Doesnt matter Kiel has way better rewards.
    Dungeons I dont know, so dont care which one is in.

Here's some data-mined information that may be coming in the Election patch.
    Looks like the following items may be coming...

Aetherblade weapon skins
    Braham Eirsson's heavy armor skin
    Kasmeer Meade's light armor skin
    Unknown medium armor skin (probably a new character)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Ill vote for Evon - Charr power! :P
    Doesnt matter Kiel has way better rewards.
    Dungeons I dont know, so dont care which one is in.
    Even if Evon looks extremly cute on the picture my vote goes to Ms. Kiel.

She was there in the fight for like 2 or 3 patches while Evon was just standing above the BLTP.... but can you give him a hug from me? :3

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Here's some data-mined information that may be coming in the Election patch.
    Looks like the following items may be coming...

Kasmeer Meade's light armor skin
    To me this doesn't look like Kasmeer's armor at all... O_o

It probably is, the icons are just the male item as usual.

Ellen will win. Calling it now. Many people will vote because she's reasonably attractive. Others will vote because they'll perceive reduced waypoint costs as more valuable than reduced key costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It probably is, the icons are just the male item as usual.
    the shoulderskin looks quite different to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    Ellen will win. Calling it now. Many people will vote because she's reasonably attractive. Others will vote because they'll perceive reduced waypoint costs as more valuable than reduced key costs.
    Personally I believe that the people will rather vote for their favourite dungeon / the dungeon they've missed

Maarius it happens a lot that icons and skinns don't look alike at all. For instance charr t2 heavy's icons depict the actual t3 set.

The medium arah set shows the left shoulder and the right shoulder looks completely different (male for sure dno bout female) so if you take the "identical" shoulder away and make it a one-sided "strap" the icons also don't match at all. Same medium set also shows a "diamond" pattern on the leg armor while if you actually dye it it's a striped pattern.

The light named set's head armor looks like some sort of pope headgear while it's a blindfold.

I can keep going, but it should be obvious that the icons quite often don't match the real skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    the shoulderskin looks quite different to me
    It seems to be the Kasmeer armor, according to this Reddit-Thread.

Personally I believe that the people will rather vote for their favourite dungeon / the dungeon they've missed
    Personally I couldn't care less which dungeon comes back, but I have no idea how popular dungeons are amongst the playerbase. I think I haven't done more than 10 dungeon runs since release, but that's just my point of view.

Besides, last time I read about this election, there were only soundfiles for Elens success, so I'm not sure if there will be a real voting.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    It seems to be the Kasmeer armor, according to this Reddit-Thread.

Personally I couldn't care less which dungeon comes back, but I have no idea how popular dungeons are amongst the playerbase. I think I haven't done more than 10 dungeon runs since release, but that's just my point of view.

Besides, last time I read about this election, there were only soundfiles for Elens success, so I'm not sure if there will be a real voting.
    well the opinion of that_shaman, the guy who posted the datamines:
    Please keep in mind that this one isn't "confirmed" and might not happen. There was only one player character type of Kashmeer armor in the dat file, where the others are available to multiple races.
    But if we keep asking for it long enough, it will happen!

I'm with you on the dungeons... to a degree. I loved playing the dungeons once, but I'm much more an explorer. Personally I'll vote for the guy who gives us Hunger Royale back

PS: why do so many people think that Evon is "the bad guy"? Have I missed something?

For cheaper waypoint costs? I'll vote Ellen all of the way. Evon will have to up his ante if he wants more votes.

I'm with you on the dungeons... to a degree. I loved playing the dungeons once, but I'm much more an explorer. Personally I'll vote for the guy who gives us Hunger Royale back

PS: why do so many people think that Evon is "the bad guy"? Have I missed something?
    Didn't even try to bribe the traders and didn't he also have some sort of coalition with pirates? I didn't pay much attention to the lore since I CBA to hunt for it but those are the snippets I caught up.

10+ Year Old Account

> Please keep in mind that this one isn't "confirmed" and might not happen. There was only one player character type of Kashmeer armor in the dat file,
    > where the others are available to multiple races.
    > But if we keep asking for it long enough, it will happen!
    But then, he also says:

> These models are actually structured in the same way all player armors are saved. NPC's usually use a single model.
    > Like with all my updates: this data is as it is and might change or not be used at all.

and

> These renders are composed out of separate armor model pieces, NPC's don't use these files and are build up from a single model.
    > So far there are mostly human, sylvari and norn files, with a few asura and charr pieces littered around.

So in the end some work was put into these models, for a reason. I have a feeling that new cultural armor is in the works.

Yes, I'll take new zones over dungeons/fractals/PvPMaps anytime. Hasn't Hunger Royale been datamined, too?

Evon is a bad guy? Well, maybe it's just because he's the CEO of an ingame-company and a Charr. Stereotypically he must be bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Didn't even try to bribe the traders and didn't he also have some sort of coalition with pirates?
    Ex-pirates, but I get your meaning.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

You have a point, Rhywolver

haha I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    You mean, Lion's Arch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.