Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With all of the claims of the sky falling, it is nice to see the Glyph of Efflorescence mentioned in the PTR again. I would really like to have swiftmend decoupled from the aoe ground heal.

Back to the sky falling conversation -> Blizzard really shouldn't have put mistweavers in the same niche as resto druids. I thought the lesson was learned back in vanilla when shamans and paladins were faction exclusive. When you try to shove two classes into the same niche, but work off different mechanics and flavors, one will always out do the other. That being said, I really do hope that with the expel harm glyph, swiftmend can get a quality of life update to have the rejuv/regrowth hot pre-req removed.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Frankly I don't understand how anyone can be opposed to a nerf to mushrooms. On live they are so vastly overpowered that it's not even funny, trivializing some mechanics on several encounters. I would gladly trade 50% of the healing effectiveness for some utility, because that would bring the ability more in line again.

Let's see what fully-charged mushrooms heal on live when detonated in a group of 5 (like the ranged group). Taken from my logs, each shroom heals each player for about 200k non-crit, 400k crit. So by pressing one button off the GCD, half the raid gets a Lay on Hands (600k - 1.2mio). Even on 10 players, everyone gets healed for about 50% of their HP.
    At least in 10 man heroics, this trivializes several healing challenges (some examples: Horridon Dire Call, Megaera Rampage, Iron Qon P1 and Fish Smash).

The one quality of life buff that would actually be needed, however, would be to exclude pets. This would offset an even bigger throughput nerf than they are doing now.

TL;DR: mushrooms are way too strong right now and need to be nerfed for 5.4.
    Halo is also "too strong". A single press of button and 3M+ *effective* healing is done.
    Shrooms on 5.3 does like 4M raw healing and at least 50% is overheal.
    Dics and Pally also have skills that trivializes healing challenges. Actually like every class has some skills to trivialize boss mechanics, why resto has to be the exception?
    My point is that you can't just look at one spell and it's numbers. The whole toolset has to be considered. With the "OP" shrooms in 5.3 resto druid is not that OP at all.

If shroom is to exclude pets it's like a 100% healing buff which will be more than make up for the nerf in 5.4, especially as people are to drop mastery for the next haste break point which would make the nerf less significant.
    However the biggest nerf to shroom is not the scaling nerf if you ask me. For me it's the slower charge up and the less coverage.

On the bright side the glyph of efflorescence is finally on PTR. This will be a significant throughput buff to resto.
    And the ground effect make it easy for peoplo to know the location of the shroom.
    The new cloack proc "redirects" overheal to other injured players which will make our hots better.

Now that seeing every healing spec is getting some straight buff in 5.4(except pally?) and we are getting some mixed changes, I think resto will in a slightly worse position than as we are now.

We're not dead. We are still a lot better than we were in 5.0.
    Last edited by insanedruid; 2013-07-16 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    Now that seeing every healing spec is getting some straight buff in 5.4(except pally?) and we are getting some mixed changes, I think resto will in a slightly worse position than as we are now.

We're not dead. We are still a lot better than we were in 5.0.
    Itemization will do the rest. We actually need to increase our spirit to keep mana neutral (for those of us who run below 12k spirit), we need to add quite a bit more if we replace HLG/SotS [vs. those classes which don't need the trinkets (disc/monk) or just sidegrade to a troughput stat (crit for shaman)]. We'll probably get the least out of the spirit trinket, that's just how rejuvenation spamming works. Our 4 piece is simply bad, we get the least out of the cd reduction trinket (3 "self" defensive CD's, where one is the mostly useless Might of Ursoc vs. 5-6 troughput/utility spells on other classes).

Actually, considering the changes to the legendary cloak, the sky may still not be falling...yet. Having all of our overhealing redistributed to the rest of the raid may be plenty, if there is enough raid damage falling about. This does cause a conflict with mushrooms, but we'll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Actually, considering the changes to the legendary cloak, the sky may still not be falling...yet. Having all of our overhealing redistributed to the rest of the raid may be plenty, if there is enough raid damage falling about. This does cause a conflict with mushrooms, but we'll see how it plays out.
    Honestly, it won't really redistribute much of HoT overheal, for the reason those overheal to begin with. If the tails tick, everyone is full anyway, i.e. there's no eligible target for chi-ji. The fact that you actually need it to proc first, just makes any reasonable redistribution on HoTs quite unlikely. If at all, it's mostly useful for one of those shaman 400k single target heal crits, where you get those 200k excess redistributed onto another target in dire need of healing.

Though, it may make our 4t16 slightly less awful, assuming you can get the proc align with a significant amount of raiddamage and actually have some fully charged LS going out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    The problem is monks having the same niche that druids, and be always ahead of us. They gained a SM without hot requirement, thats the only downside of the spell.

Uplift > Genesis. Uplift don't consume HoT.
    Monks have infinite mana, druid don't.

Do you really thing that healers having infinite mana is fine? The strongest trinket in PTR currently uses secondary stats to boost healing. Amplification gives you 14% haste and mastery. And your crits will do 14% more heals. In 540-550 ilvl, you have +-35k secondary stats. Monks and disc priests can simple ignore spirit and put most of their secondary stats in crit/mastery for disc and crit/haste for monks. Druids will need to put most of their secondary stats into spirit. Do you really think druids will be fine after this? We are screwed, if i was a raid leader, i would never take a resto druid over a a monk if this situation if they are equally skilled. We have been eclipsed by monks for the entire exp. I really don't think its fine, the reason i just don't reroll if this changes persist it's cause we already have a monk MW.
    I completely agree, monks are too strong on mana. Problem is, designing a class that is built around a secondary resource system like chi, will always cause issues with balancing. Paladins had the same issue before blizz managed to find the sweet spot. The problem with monks is that they have little control over where their heals go and as such they get extra mana to play with to make up for their lack of control. Resto really just needs a slight secondary mana regen source that can't be given away like innervate.

As for your other point, I also agree, blizzard shouldn't have built monks into the same niche as resto and holy priests. They did however and i don't see a point in arguing with monk design since they are clearly not going to get a redesign any time soon.

Now, the expel harm part, they have to use a major glyph slot to get it. And you can't really compare genesis to uplift since genesis is new in the toolkit while uplift has been a central part of monk play since mop launched. They function differently anyways. Uplift simply heals all targets with renewing? Mists on them. Genesis just speeds up your rejuvs. You can use it to get some crazy burst spread healing on 5-6 people with this if you prep it right.

I think adding genesis and reducing the strength of mushrooms was actually a great idea. Druids are going to be amazing at spread healing like they've always been and this further solidifies that niche.

Anyways, I didn't mean to insult people with my previous post, it just annoys me to see people with the "blizz hates me" attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    1st off, I'm not playing next patch nor am I playing at all anymore, so brushing my post of as 'you're just crying about your class' won't work.

The discussion about what you posted has gone on for just this page. No where on this page has anyone mentioned rdruids being bad this tier, they talked about mana regen vs other classes atm and how that compares with next patch. It seems like you didn't even read the posts you are insulting.

Your data means nothing since no one is talking about live. It has nothing to do with this discussion, at all, in any way possible. Someone mentioned as a side note we are middle of the pack atm, your links show that. Glad that's cleared up.

All healing specs are getting new set bonuses. Those set bonuses being bad or good absolutely adds to a classes value and potential. New trinkets are being added, legendary cloak procs are being added, all these things are something that will be taken into consideration when looking at how good classes are compared to others. If a new trinket proc is insane for 2 healing specs and useless for the rest that can push their potential higher. That's not really a hard concept. People talking about these things and considering them when looking at class balance IS what should be happening.

Changes to Monks and Dpriests:
    Monks: New NYI glyphs to look out for, chi brew was buffed, power strikes was buffed
    Disc: Hymn of hope was buffed, Divine insight was buffed(big time), from darkness comes light was buffed, glyph of reflective shield and purify were both buffed

On top of all that, fights will favor some classes and not others. Classes with niches that are used often will outdo others. Classes that share niches but have underwhelming set bonuses, trinkets, or nerfs to certain spells that helped with that niche will become far less useful than the other person under that niche.

As I said in my previous post, I see no point panicking yet because everything can change and we really don't have enough data to say how good/bad we'll be, but your over-reaction and over-exaggeration is no less 'dramatic' than people worrying about their spec and talking about it. Insulting people also isn't tolerated on our forums, if you can't voice your opinion without being rude and talking down to everyone around you refrain from replying.
    Sorry, it simply gets annoying to read defeatist posts all the time. It just makes constructive discussion much harder when the "we are doomed and buried" posts come in. But I apologize, that was the wrong way to go about expressing my frustration.

Now, I wasn't actually talking about your posts at all. You actually seem to be the most reasonable person here.

As for the middle of the pack comment. There are only 6 healing specs in the game, so except for the top spec and the bottom spec, every spec is middle of the pack. I just feel there is no point in bringing up the middle of the pack argument when you only have 6 specs. In this tier, disc priests are the high outlier and shamans the low outlier. Paladins, monks and druids seem to be balanced pretty well. It's really where you want all classes to be. Being anything other than middle of the pack means blizzard screwed up with your class and needs to fix it.

I also agree that people should be discussing class mechanics, tier gear, trinkets etc instead of simply complaining. I really only focused on two posters with what I said so I was being completely unfair to the rest of you with my generalizations and such.

As for the monk changes, weren't chi brew and power strikes rather underwhelming before? If yes, this is now of a bringing those talents up to par than buffing the class. Same goes for priests. From darkness comes light is still not that great of a talent since few priests actually flash heal. Also I feel like most priests were taking PI in the divine insight row for the insane spirit shell stacking. Unless discs are going to give up PI, this won't result in any change to their performance.

This is kind of what I originally meant though. People just look at the patch notes, see some buffs and assume they are class buffs. FDCL and divine insight were simply adjustments trying to bring shitty talents in line. Nobody takes glyph of reflective shield. Not sure abut the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked up on all the tier bonuses for healers, and I have to say that mainly the paladin, monk and priest bonuses are far stronger in 25 man than the druid and shaman bonuses.

A huge living seed on cast time spells when you cast iron bark isn't exactly useful on 25man. Even on 10 man, you won't be casting cast time spells all that much. I can see that they want to have some kind of synergy with the 2 piece, but you won't be casting many more than 1 instant HT during those 12 seconds. Even then, those living seeds will mainly be overhealing since bombing cast time heals into a target will basically make sure they are topped off. The 2pc is actually quite nice since it will provide large, free instant casts just by spamming rejuv. My idea for the 4 piece would be "Your living seeds now turn into efflo for the amount of the living seed" This would allow the 2 piece to have far more interaction with the 4 piece, since all of those instant healing touches will now provide AoE stacked healing. It would also remove the reliance on a single target cd and it would remove the need to spam regrowth for those 12 seconds in order to get any kind of value out of the set.

My second idea would stay more in line with blizzards clear intent this tier to make 4pc bonuses interact with cds. The problem with the current bonus is that it requires a single target cd and it requires the spamming of single target instant casts to do nothing other than provide a slightly stronger living seed. Why not turn iron bark into a better AoE CD? Something like, "casting iron bark grants you spark of life, causing all healing spells cast for the next 12 seconds to heal a second injured target within 20 yards for X% of the healing done". This way it wouldn't force cast time spamming to be useful and it would be useful in both 10s and 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    My second idea would stay more in line with blizzards clear intent this tier to make 4pc bonuses interact with cds.
    They didn't tie monk 4t16 to a CD, because they realized monks don't have any CD they could tie it to. They somehow thought Ironbark is a great idea for resto, which it honestly isn't as it is our only utility/tank CD - and we certainly don't want it tied to "increased overhealing".

Well, I wonder why they don't realize that there is some serious CD imbalance going on for monk/druid vs. other classes. Those 4t16 and the CD trinket should have highlighted that quite nicely. Not that we need more CD's, it's just that blizzard needs to scrap the "no talent" if they're eager on using CD's when designing sets/trinkets. Otherwise those will be heavily skewed toward classes with "stronger" CD's.

Something like, "casting iron bark grants you spark of life, causing all healing spells cast for the next 12 seconds to heal a second injured target within 20 yards for X% of the healing done". This way it wouldn't force cast time spamming to be useful and it would be useful in both 10s and 25s.
    We honestly do not need another nature's vigil, nor another version of chi-ji.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    They didn't tie monk 4t16 to a CD, because they realized monks don't have any CD they could tie it to. They somehow thought Ironbark is a great idea for resto, which it honestly isn't as it is our only utility/tank CD - and we certainly don't want it tied to "increased overhealing".

Well, I wonder why they don't realize that there is some serious CD imbalance going on for monk/druid vs. other classes. Those 4t16 and the CD trinket should have highlighted that quite nicely. Not that we need more CD's, it's just that blizzard needs to scrap the "no talent" if they're eager on using CD's when designing sets/trinkets. Otherwise those will be heavily skewed toward classes with "stronger" CD's.

I was just coming up with other ideas for the 4set and frankly, both of my ideas are better than the current version. Is it needed to have another version of NV? Probably not, but do priests really need a 4 set that makes their spirit shell even more OP, giving them a ridiculous amount of mastery and haste? Not only are absorbs overwhelming this expansion, they are giving priests even stronger ones. Did paladins really need a good cd to be on an even shorter cd with a nice mastery buff? I'd say neither class needed them, but they got them regardless.

I would prefer resto druids to be viable next patch, so why not get a better 4set? I was just throwing out ideas. Why wouldn't either of them work? So far I just know you don't like them. Why not? Are they not better? What would you suggest as the 4pc tier bonus?

I would also not necessarily agree that druids are behind in CDs. Tranq is baseline and is going to be extremely powerful in 5.4. The only reason it can't really be used for the 4pc is that it's channeled and as such hard to use in bonuses that look like the t16 ones. Ironbark is a great single target CD similar to pain sup. NS was made baseline and is also a great utility/save CD. Then you have the incarnation tier and the lvl 90 tier. That's 5 CDs, 2 single target and 3 raid cds if you take incarnation and NV.

To compare, paladins have avenging wrath, divine favor, goak, loh and devo aura as baseline cds and get either another cd or a better avenging wrath from their lvl 75 talents.

Avenging wrath and divine favor need to both be used just to get anywhere near the healing of a single tranq. Especially with the new 12 target cap on tranq, a paladin would have to spec for the improved avenging wrath and use it with DF just to keep up with a single tranq.

Loh is comparable to iron bark, just that loh has a huge cd while ironbark is up every minute. I guess I can put NS in here as well since a NS HT crit is probably about as effective as LoH.

Devo aura is a bit harder to compare since Druids don't have an aoe damage reduction cd. It also only reduces magic damage, so any aoe effects like stomps aren't affected at all. Overall, it's effectiveness is probably less than incarnation, especially since devo only lasts 6 seconds.

Goak might be more useful now that it was changed and I'd guess it to be stronger than NV, but it also has twice the CD.

So in essence, I just don't think it's fair to say that druids are lacking CDs. The only class to have more seriously effective CDs are shamans. With the changes to NV and tranq and NS becoming baseline, I'd say druids are now doing very well in the CD department.

It's just hard to put either the lvl 45 tier or the lvl 90 tier into the cd trinket because SotF and DoC respectively don't have CDs.
    Last edited by Kildragon; 2013-07-16 at 04:06 PM.

What do you think about druids something along the lines of an absorb then? I think their steps with living seed is a start but it needs to improve a bit more.
    Mew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    What do you think about druids something along the lines of an absorb then? I think their steps with living seed is a start but it needs to improve a bit more.
    Thing is, at which point do you stop with the absorbs? They need to reduce the amount of absorbs in the game, not keep adding more. I actually thought about adding an absorb somewhere as well but I don't feel like it fits. Plus how would it fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    I would prefer resto druids to be viable next patch, so why not get a better 4set? I was just throwing out ideas. Why wouldn't either of them work? So far I just know you don't like them. Why not? Are they not better? What would you suggest as the 4pc tier bonus?
    They're better, but they're basically attaching a talent to a setbonus, and I'd say talents should keep their uniqueness. As for suggestion:
    Looking at the legendary proc and how it should be redesigned to be appealing to all specs, thus opening up the mechanic, I'd consider something like
    "for x seconds after casting swiftmend, y% of your overhealing will heal a nearby injured target instead" to be a nice alternative.

This way we'd get a somewhat "nice" bonus, while we could also test out some new role for swiftmend, which is neither an AoE Heal (when paired with glyph of efflorescence), nor merely a simple/semi-big instant heal with a clunky reju requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living seed is really just a flawed mechanic. Any kind of healing on damage taken is going to overheal a ton. Even with the recent changes to where living seed won't trigger if the target is at full health, a 20k hit is still going to trigger it and cause massive overhealing. Not that I like living seed anyways. It promotes a healing style with a lot of hard casting which just doesn't feel right.

This thread has 14 pages, and 272 replies. The threads for Pallys, Monks and Shaman healers on the WoW PTR forums have 30+ pages and over 300 replies (the shaman thread has almost 900 replies and the paladin thread has almost 800 replies). The resto druid thread has 2 pages and about 30 replies. I hate to take away from this forum, but I think we need to consolidate our feedback on the PTR forums instead of a 3rd party website if any of these concerns are going to be addressed any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're better, but they're basically attaching a talent to a setbonus, and I'd say talents should keep their uniqueness. As for suggestion:
    Looking at the legendary proc and how it should be redesigned to be appealing to all specs, thus opening up the mechanic, I'd consider something like
    "for x seconds after casting swiftmend, y% of your overhealing will heal a nearby injured target instead" to be a nice alternative.

This way we'd get a somewhat "nice" bonus, while we could also test out some new role for swiftmend, which is neither an AoE Heal (when paired with glyph of efflorescence), nor merely a simple/semi-big instant heal with a clunky reju requirement.
    You feel they are too similar to talents? hm. My first idea is actually very different from any talents, though maybe it's too big of a change from a tier bonuses since it basically removes current living seed and changes living seed into efflo.

The second idea would work like healing stream totem in that it's a smart heal and does a % of all healing done for the duration as that smart heal.

As for your suggestion, I'm just not fond of encouraging overhealing even more. Mushrooms were meant to make the inevitable overhealing from rejuv less painful, but adding this set bonus would make overhealing even more desirable. The other issue I see is that the more skilled a player is the less he will gain from this bonus since he'll try to minimize needles overhealing.

I like the idea of doing something with swiftmend though, just not the overhealing part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    This thread has 14 pages, and 272 replies. The threads for Pallys, Monks and Shaman healers on the WoW PTR forums have 30+ pages and over 300 replies (the shaman thread has almost 900 replies and the paladin thread has almost 800 replies). The resto druid thread has 2 pages and about 30 replies. I hate to take away from this forum, but I think we need to consolidate our feedback on the PTR forums instead of a 3rd party website if any of these concerns are going to be addressed any time soon.
    I'd love to, but A) these forums are generally more conducive of intelligent discussions than the official forums and B) there are quite a few of us who maybe don't play the game at the moment and as such can't post on the forums yet we still like to discuss the changes

I would like to see the set bonus change to something that would actually be usable. Every other healer class is getting really strong and unique set bonuses. We really aren't at all. Like zero usefulness after they buff and redesign some spells they completely fall short of it set here.

I've been doing my best to keep a suggestion/discussion thread active on the PTR forums (see: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9478767901), but I'm at a third nearly useless bump. Any of you with suggestions or testing numbers, head over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    And why in the FLYING HELL would Glyph of Efflo replace Glyph of Lifebloom?? I guess we're not allowed to do tank swaps anymore. At least that solves the issue of what to remove to fit it in (as if it's even going live - it would actually be a buff)!
    Pretty sure the current Lifebloom Glyph will be baseline in 5.4 and not require a glyph any more. They did this to some other classes' abilities on the PTR as well.

Restoration
    Lifebloom now moves all stacks to the new target when the target is changed.
    It is nice LB 3 stacks transfer is base line rather than Major Glyph

Glyph of Healing Touch now reduces the cooldown on Nature's Swiftness by 3 sec, rather than Swiftmend by 1 sec.
    at least some benefit from the HT

Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom is now a Minor Glyph.
    Nice Minor Glyph can Put the Shroom on ground rather than putting on the target location

Overall the changes they have done in PTR i like it atleast some changes to compete in the game i am testing all the spells in the PTR how they are effecting and how it can benefit us, i am also Streaming when ever testing things on PTR
    twitch.tv/devildjz, feel free to follow some give aways gonna come soon and join me to discuss the upcoming changes for Resto/Boomkin

Deleted
    these new changes are really good.. im so glad ill be able to place the mushroom again rather than have to worry about who im putting it on (like swiftmend!)

the lifebloom change is great... free's up some room for the stampeeding roar glyph (more range), or the healing touch (to better time up a SOFT WG?) which will go well with our set bonus that makes HT faster cast time/less mana....or maybe even the new swiftmend glyph if that happens.

Also the legendary cloak is looking really strong for us with our hots doing high over healing. I disagree with the 5 target cap thing tho... its gonna be rly strong in 10man but kinda crap in 25 again

now that blizzard have gone down that road of spliting spells for diff raid size (eg tranq) they are gonna end up doing it with many spells

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Pretty sure the current Lifebloom Glyph will be baseline in 5.4 and not require a glyph any more. They did this to some other classes' abilities on the PTR as well.
    Not an assumption at this point, for the moment it's fact, lifebloom glyph is baseline now, yay. Honestly don't mind them just replacing lifebloom with efflo glyph and making lifebloom baseline, I'd hate to wait for scribes to get the glyph.