Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    blizzard is far from greedy, microsoft, infinity ward, and EA are far more greedy than blizzard. id put blizz right above valve in terms of greed. and valve is low on the greed charts

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I wish they would get the hell over this mentality. Millions of people pay them per month to make stuff, and they make content like this is some 500k subscriber F2P game. Hire some damn people. You have the largest MMO in the world, get back to building this game up so people stay and not unsubscribe between patches.
    You can't expect 2 women to produce 1 baby in 4.5 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Nope, but you can have 2 babies in 9 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it bloody is. People go "ooh, shiny", and are willing to drop a wad of money extra, and forget that they already pay a sub and the expansion once every 1.5-2 years. Blizzard is like "holy shit, we can actually make more money, and people are apparantly even HAPPY with it", and continue to push 3-4 recolors of every single mount as rewards for factions/raids/pvp every time they make a model (with at least one color relatively easy to get ofc), and make completely new unique mounts with often new skeletons and awesome coloring, and throw that one in the store.

Of course it's fine to drop a bit on a shiny mount, but this is development resources that goes to only those that pay blizzard extra, on top of the 150-200 euros a year.

They should either drop to sub cost to like 5 euros/dollar a month, or stop making crap exclusively for those willing to pay extra. Cash shops are fine and great, but not in combination with such high subscription. I actually LIKE cashshops a lot, and would spend more money on the game if this was the primary form of monetising their game, but having one of the highest sub costs of MMOs and expansioncosts on top of it just goes too far. Hence why I didn't spend a cent in it yet.

So yeah it's 100% the playerbase's fault for falling for actions like sparklepony and discolion. Those things could have been put in the game itself rather than a cashshop.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I'm sorry you just now discovered Blizzard is a company that in interested in making money.
    Before blizzard was trying to make something epic, now it is trying only to make money. GG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If people like those things, they don't mind buying them. No one forces anyone to buy anything from the Blizzard store.
    And that is how they manage to loss millions of subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    But you can expect 2 women to produce a baby each time 4.5 months pass if you wait with impregnating the second? Bad analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If people like those things, they don't mind buying them. No one forces anyone to buy anything from the Blizzard store.
    Of course. But it would improve their main game if they'd focus on putting more stuff in that rather than having a secondary moneymaker. Either cheapen subs or get rid of cashshop.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Ugh some of the people here, I don't know if they actually think its right what they say, good god.

The guy above me is a fuckin prime example for that.

Clinging onto a wrong past? Check

Ending the sentence with a GG? Check

To make things, they need money, you spend this money or not, deal with it.

I think it comes down to (at least for me) that the money for a subscription is supposed to be used to create content for us. It is obvious that the best and most detailed mount/pet models come from the Blizzard store costs extra. Which in turn, the money we pay for content is being re-sold to us. If this continues, Blizzard will just save the 'best' work for the store...

It's appalling IMO.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    This^

It doesn't matter what they sell in their store as long as it doesn't effect gameplay. Why do people care if blizzard adds items that only has a cosmetic effect?
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-16 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    Before blizzard was trying to make something epic, now it is trying only to make money. GG
    No offense but if you think Blizzard (or any other company) was ever about anything but making money, you're braindead. Money is what ALLOWS BLIZZARD TO MAKE EPIC STUFF. Are you seriously so... morbidly obtuse that you don't realize that?

This topic, which should be locked btw for being pointlessly redundant and full of brain cell-killing stupidity, has some of the most mind boggling ignorance I've seen yet on these forums. It seriously has hurt my faith in people just a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    And that is how they manage to loss millions of subscribers.
    No, real life is how they managed to *lose* millions of subscribers. Time, cost of bills, etc. When people unsub they can state why and that is what the overwhelming majority stated. But hey, by all means, resume talking out of your ass about things you clearly know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No offense but if you think Blizzard (or any other company) was ever about anything but making money, you're braindead. Money is what ALLOWS BLIZZARD TO MAKE EPIC STUFF. Are you seriously so... morbidly obtuse that you don't realize that?

This topic, which should be locked btw for being pointlessly redundant and full of brain cell-killing stupidity, has some of the most mind boggling ignorance I've seen yet on these forums. It seriously has hurt my faith in people just a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

No, real life is how they managed to *lose* millions of subscribers. Time, cost of bills, etc. When people unsub they can state why and that is what the overwhelming majority stated. But hey, by all means, resume talking out of your ass about things you clearly know nothing about.
    While they have always been about money, after Activision merged with them, they were much, much more about making that money. Nothing wrong with that, but if you can't see that, you are also morbidly obtuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    This^

People complaining about the blizz store has gone out of hand. It doesn't matter what they sell in their store as long as it doesn't effect gameplay. Why do people care if blizzard adds items that only has a cosmetic effect?
    Spot on. Apparently people think paying a subscription fee apparently entitles them to make demands about what Blizz can and cannot do. I subscribe to a couple of magazines, by the logic of some of the morons here I guess I should contact them and demand they only advertise things I like, or stuff I'm interested in.

To those whining: its Blizzard's game. Blizzard's store. Blizzard's right to sell whatever the hell they want, where they want. Don't like it? Unsub and take your QQ somewhere else. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Well.. Exp boost interact directly with the gameplay so.. I'm not sur this isnt P2W
    Exp boost have no impact on max level content or gameplay. No effect what so ever. So no, exp boost is not P2W. And lets not forget that faster leveling speed has been available for years by the use of RAF.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I'm sorry you just now discovered Blizzard is a company that in interested in making money.
    Making money is fine. Making grotesque amounts of money is not.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    While they have always been about money, after Activision merged with them, they were much, much more about making that money. Nothing wrong with that, but if you can't see that, you are also morbidly obtuse.
    Funny that sub costs have stayed the same since day 1, Blizzard store mounts and pets have stayed the same cost since day 1, and every optional feature (server transfer, race change, etc) has as well and yet you spout this kind of ignorance. Clearly the merger had a HUGE impact on turning Blizzard to the dark, evil nature of wanting to be a successful business. Look at how much their services increased in cost! ...oh wait.

Do you have hard data that can back that statement up? Can you present specific % increases, sales spikes, dips, increases in revenue based on 'greedy evil Blizzard store malpractice' that occured at precisely the moment activistion signed up? Hm?

Whats that? You can't? Oh, I see.

Do you honestly not realize how clueless, how inept, you sound with these statements? I mean, I'm sincerely inquiring here - are you that oblivious to the absolute lack of fact in what you say? Or do you just jump on the 'whatever's being bitched about this week' bandwagon because at some point it became cool to hate on WoW and Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    I think it comes down to (at least for me) that the money for a subscription is supposed to be used to create content for us. It is obvious that the best and most detailed mount/pet models come from the Blizzard store costs extra. Which in turn, the money we pay for content is being re-sold to us. If this continues, Blizzard will just save the 'best' work for the store...

It's appalling IMO.
    I disagree. There are many mounts and pets in-game to be obtained that have great models and such. Take, for instance, the Unborn Val'kyr as a pet. As far as mounts, I feel the cloud from the lorewalkers is awesome. However, it's subjective. I can see how you feel that the best pets come from the store. However, there are plenty of really nice looking pets and mounts in-game.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    No, actually making whatever amount of money your customers are willing to pay is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    This^

It doesn't matter what they sell in their store as long as it doesn't effect gameplay. Why do people care if blizzard adds items that only has a cosmetic effect?
    Because some people play for other reasons than you do.... Some people enjoy cosmetics. Why should we have to pay MORE money for cosmetics we like when that is the point of a subscription? Every time I will see a transmog or reward I want, that costs extra money, it will be impossible to not be annoyed it is not attainable by PLAYING the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. There are many mounts and pets in-game to be obtained that have great models and such. Take, for instance, the Unborn Val'kyr as a pet. As far as mounts, I feel the cloud from the lorewalkers is awesome. However, it's subjective. I can see how you feel that the best pets come from the store. However, there are plenty of really nice looking pets and mounts in-game.
    I'm not disputing that. We actually agree. I understand that it is subjective, but it is obvious the attention to detail is greater in store purchases. Mounts are not re-skins but completely new models, as are the pets. Also, they have to justify paying extra with quality. When does it become "wow art department, great job creating that awesome transmog set. It's definitely better than the last one so lets save THAT for the store"...
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm real sure if you had a super-successful game that sold 10+ million copies, you would emerge from your mountain of cash and cry out "No! Wait! This is not right! So much money... its wrong that I have it! Its wrong that I am successful, and sell a product people enjoy! What is WRONG WITH ME? MY PARENTS MUST BE SO ASHAMED!"

What complete and utter bullshit. Your only issue with Blizzard making 'grotesque' amounts of money is that you're not getting a slice of it.

Deleted
    It is. As long as people give it to you voluntarily, it is perfectly fine - no matter how much money you make.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-16 at 04:49 PM.