Poll: Kiel or Gnashblade?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Kiel vs. Gnashblade

which of those characters would you vote?

Evon Gnashblade

As owner and proprietor of the Black Lion Trading Company, I have the proven leadership skills and business acumen that is sorely needed on the Captain’s Council. With your support, I will secure a trade agreement with the Zephyrites that benefits us all.
    If I am elected to the Captain’s Council, I’ll show my gratitude for your support in the following ways:

• I’ll slash prices on Black Lion Keys for four whole weeks
    • I’ll sponsor important Fractals of the Mist research into the Fall of Abaddon, to be completed by the end of the year
    • I’ll host a rotation of popular activities like Crab Toss and Southsun Survival.

You can find me in the Zephyr Sanctum, working for the best interest of Lion’s Arch.

excerpt from Abaddon's lore from the wiki:
    In 1075 AE, worshipers of Abaddon, General Kahyet and Warmarshal Varesh Ossa attempted to enact Nightfall, thereby returning Abaddon to the mortal plane with the Great Margonite Temple as the center of his rule. Abaddon, with the help of Dhuum and Menzies, was almost successful, but was stopped by the Order of the Sunspears and the Order of Whispers, who entered the Realm of Torment to defeat him. In his final moments, Abaddon's power threatened to run out of control and destroy Tyria, but it was absorbed by Spearmarshal Kormir, who became the Goddess of Truth using a power that had been granted to her by the Five Gods.

Ellen Kiel

I’ve stood by the people of Lion’s Arch in good times and bad, defending her from all manner of threat. Now I want to ensure the security of our beloved city in a different capacity, as a member of the Captain’s Council. I’ll need your support to establish a fair trade treaty between Zephyr Sanctum and Lion’s Arch.
    If I’m fortunate enough to earn a position on the Captain’s Council, here’s what you can expect from Ellen Kiel:

• I’ll reduce waypoint travel prices for four weeks’ time
    • I’ll support important Fractals of the Mists research into the Thaumanova Reactor explosion by the end of the year
    • I’ll introduce a rotating schedule of activities such as Crab Toss and Southsun Survival.

Come find me in Zephyr Sanctum; let’s work together for a brighter future!

from the wiki about the Thaumanova Reactor:

Thaumanova Reactor is the location of a ruined asuran city in northwest Metrica Province. It was recently destroyed by an Inquest experiment gone awry, occurring beneath the city and the reactor exploding and subsequently releasing chaos magic. Due to the large amount of chaos magic in the area, creatures from across the continent get transported in and out of the area. The Thaumanova Reactor is divided into five main sections: the southwest which has been turned arctic, the southeast which has become poisonous, the northeast and lower area containing the river with an aquatic aspect, the north which contains fire-based creatures, and the central, the location of the explosion. After the explosion, the energy source that the Inquest was experimenting on was moved to the Thaumacore Inquiry Center in Toxal Bog, causing the chaos effect to spread northward. This effects of the underground experiment also affected other areas such as Chaos Crystal Cavern in Iron Marches.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-16 at 05:35 PM.

Gnashblade, easy

Only thing Kiel has going for her is the reduced waypoint cost

Only thing Kiel has going for her is the reduced waypoint cost
    and wp cost are already dirt cheap. I might buy some keys depending on the price reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiel for Fractal of the Mists research into the Thaumanova Reactor explosion!
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    and wp cost are already dirt cheap. I might buy some keys depending on the price reduction.
    Is there anything of worth in the BL chests? I haven't opened one for in ages. I know that they put in a granted level booster in there but that is pretty much worthless in the context of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    fall of Abbadon the whole way!

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is there anything of worth in the BL chests? I haven't opened one for in ages. I know that they put in a granted level booster in there but that is pretty much worthless in the context of this game.
    The only thing remotely interesting to me in the chests are the Endless Mystery Tonics. I would love a forest one, but I ain't buying no keys for that off chance lol.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blac...est_(Unlocked)
    Valar morghulis

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blac...est_(Unlocked)

Some back skins you can sell, boosters, permanent black lion express stuff.

I would save the keys for the next time they add a random skin to them.

yeah tonics hold no interest for me whatsoever. I just use them in the mystic toilet when I could, otherwise they get destroyed. I wish they weren't bound, I'd put them all up on the trade post for those that actually like them.

I would save the keys for the next time they add a random skin to them.
    I'd agree, but they haven't done this for a while, new skins/tokens had their own chests lately. I'd love those permanent bank access / vendors... but the droprate is almost not existent.

- - - Updated - - -

as I see this as a "who is interested in GW1 lore?" voting I will vote for Abaddon... ehm Gnashblade.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-16 at 05:54 PM.

I'm excited for southsun survival.

Reminds me of the hunger games.

May the odds be ever in your favor...

because I will win.

pretty much the Hunger Royale from the beta, yeah?

I'm pretty sure they'll update the Black Lion chests to make it more attractive, BUT EVON IS WINNING THIS SHIT CAUSE I'M GOING BACK TO ABADDON AWWWW YISS.

Since I am not that interested in GW1 lore I'm voting for Kiel.

I don't think the fall of abaddon is what people think.

I think it's when he was still a revered god in Orr and then he went mad.

That's what I'm betting that is.

yeah I don't think it will be a replay of when we defeated him in Nightfall

Desert rose

boring

Enough with the back pieces plz

that's a big rose, I kind of like it

the fascination of back pieces is a bit boring though. I can see where they are coming from in making those for these events but they need to vary it up.

Colins is voting for Evon.

Hell yea

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I don't think it will be a replay of when we defeated him in Nightfall
    Colin confirmed it's about when abaddon was still one of the 6 before the other 5 banished him

Go us!

Colin confirmed it's about when abaddon was still one of the 6 before the other 5 banished him
    Well that settles it, in favor of Evon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.