Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sweet, thanks for the update! Works perfect now!

Hi Revvo (or anyone else who may be able to help),
    I'm a new user to Weak Auras, and decided to import your string to try (from the first post) and learn a few things about the addon and your setup, etc. Once I did this, your setup worked - however, I lost my ability to access the Weak Auras config. When I open it up, it sits minimized, and when you try to expand it, it 'bugs' and displays some very short scroll bars and that's it. Tried the normal removal/reinstall, check for saved variable files (couldn't find any under my character name) but nothing is working. Have you experienced this before with your string and/or know how I might fix it (right now, I'd just like to get Weak Auras working again).

If not, I'll talk with the Developer to see if there is a way I can "undo" and get it to reset to the defaults again.

Thanks in advance for your time,
    Kindrik

Sounds like your WA files got corrupted. Happened to me once before, and I'm not sure it's directly related to the string. I would recommend putting in a ticket with the WA Devs on wow ace, they helped me out when this happened to me. Good luck, and sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully they can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Sounds like your WA files got corrupted. Happened to me once before, and I'm not sure it's directly related to the string. I would recommend putting in a ticket with the WA Devs on wow ace, they helped me out when this happened to me. Good luck, and sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully they can help you out.
    Hi Revvo, I was able to find another spot where the saved variables were (global) and was able to get it back to default. However, it got corrupted again without any modifications, this should rule out your string as any potential culprit. Wish I could get this working, even in default mode. Will have to test around with potential conflicts.

-Kindrik

Quote Originally Posted by Kindrik View Post
    Hi Revvo, I was able to find another spot where the saved variables were (global) and was able to get it back to default. However, it got corrupted again without any modifications, this should rule out your string as any potential culprit. Wish I could get this working, even in default mode. Will have to test around with potential conflicts.

-Kindrik
    Well that's good at least. Hopefully the devs over at wow ace can help you restore your auras!

If you don't mind, I uploaded your WA to my pastebin so I would have it as a reference but the link is: http://pastebin.com/Z7Bi9KMc if you want to keep that tucked away somewhere since it might be a little easier to c/p than the code string you have. Thank you for this btw, it looks great!

Edit: I made my entire Hand set able to be added but it's sort of a hot mess. If you take all the Hand pastes and import them individually, blow them apart and put the individual auras in the main group and move stuff around a little this works great. I'm really sorry it's such a pita but there was no other way to do it. Just grab the Hands 1-4.

Anyway, cheers!

http://pastebin.com/u/Lucydin
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-07-23 at 10:44 PM. Reason: I found the sneakiness I was looking for!
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    If you don't mind, I uploaded your WA to my pastebin so I would have it as a reference but the link is: http://pastebin.com/Z7Bi9KMc if you want to keep that tucked away somewhere since it might be a little easier to c/p than the code string you have. Thank you for this btw, it looks great!

Edit: I made my entire Hand set able to be added but it's sort of a hot mess. If you take all the Hand pastes and import them individually, blow them apart and put the individual auras in the main group and move stuff around a little this works great. I'm really sorry it's such a pita but there was no other way to do it. Just grab the Hands 1-4.

Anyway, cheers!

http://pastebin.com/u/Lucydin
    Yeah, I'll bookmark that. Thanks man. Yeah ik what you mean with the hands, getting it to work with Clemancy was a nightmare.

Hiya just a few questions

Are the icons in place as per the priority rotation ( left being high, right being low) or just the way you like it?

Also would it be possible to make the whole inq bar go red when it isnt up rather than making it dissapear but ofcourse make it invisible out of combat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Hiya just a few questions

Are the icons in place as per the priority rotation ( left being high, right being low) or just the way you like it?

Also would it be possible to make the whole inq bar go red when it isnt up rather than making it dissapear but ofcourse make it invisible out of combat

Thanks
    They're in order of shortest to longest Cooldown(mostly because that's the way they are on my bars) with the exception of HoW because it felt out of place anywhere but in the last spot, but you can easily swap them around. As for the inq bar question, I can add that tomorrow when I'm online. Won't be around my computer at all today.

Ok thanks

Hi there, I was told i should get this addon from here but I dont see a download link anywhere, how can i get it? and will it come with all these ret pally stuff? Cause thats what i really need.

Thanks again.

You first need to install WeakAuras (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras) then when you open up the client (/wa in game) at the top of the menu on the left, click new, import from string and then paste in the string from here: http://pastebin.com/Z7Bi9KMc You can copy the string with the tiny yellow box above the test string. If you mouse over it it says "Copy text to clipboard." It will give you a prompt to import, click that and you win!
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Know of a way to make a WA trigger off if you're marked with a certain raid icon?

Example: I get marked with the star raid icon it does something.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the suggestions, OP string/pictures are updated. As for making an aura to know when you're marked I'm not totally sure. I could kinda rig something up if you have a chat addon that says when people get marked. Outside of that I'm not totally sure.

I thought it would have something to do with GetRaidTargetIndex("player") but I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    I thought it would have something to do with GetRaidTargetIndex("player") but I wasn't sure.
    Yeah I'm not sure, I'll look into and get back to you.

Question is there way to add AW and GoAK to the line up?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmos View Post
    Question is there way to add AW and GoAK to the line up?
    I don't have it baked into the actual setup at the moment, but I can link you some individual auras when I get home today.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I don't have it baked into the actual setup at the moment, but I can link you some individual auras when I get home today.
    I would enjoy that. Thank you, Revvo.