10+ Year Old Account

Advice needed Horridon 10H

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...ses&boss=68476

As far as I can tell our raid dps is too low, I would like some aid in analysis of what people need to improve on with regards to their rotations/priorities along with who is taking unnecessary raid dmg. Your input will be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your DPS is just fine. Here is ours on our first kill this reset - logs (ignore my DPS, I had 7 stacks of Puncture in the end...(video))
    Here is one of our longest attempts on previous night on Horridon. Maybe it helps you even further.

Btw, give a brief description on how you handle the fight pls for the dummies, who are not that good with logs.

Do the wipes happen cause tanks die first? I checked your longest attempt and both of your tanks died first.
    Then I took your 6.10 mins attempt, where your mage died to venom bolt volley. This shit can be and should be interrupted. The less venom you have in door 2, the better.

If you tanks die to Triple Puncture, either your healer(s) are slacking or tanks didn't have a decent cd up. As for the rest of your DPS, at least I didn't find anyone taking that much unnecessary damage.

However, you seem to have too few dispels? Maybe cause your fight is 3 min shorter then ours, but still. I also see the average of damage taken from different stuff and you have so high damage from Deadly Plague and Blazing Sunlight. Maybe that contributes in your healers running OOM (if that is your problem).

• On door one, have people call out if they have too high blazing sunlight stacks (roughly 2-3) and get them dispelled. Mass Dispel on melee is a godsend ^^
    • But generally, assign (if you don't already) 2 melee to interrupt the pair of venom priests that jump down. Make sure that those 2 people, won't swap away from their primary targets, as if they do, some shit may go through. Less venom you have, the better.
    • On 3rd door, assign one of your ranged DPS to focus down the small trolls which put the plague up. Dispel that roughly 3-5 stacks.
    • 4th door, assign 2 people to deal/kill/interrupt the caster trolls, so there won't be that much fireballs going around. Aslo delay the killing of bears, as if you cleave the bears down together and get shamans together, you have less totems to worry about. Also the chain lightning from the shamans can and should be interrupted if possible.

Btw Arcane for mages is shit spec for that fight. As they do have to move if and when needed. We dropped our Arcane mage and got the kill. Have them play something else which is more movement friendly.

Am I blind or don't I see SS uptime on you pally? He can put it up on himself of if he takes less damage, keep it on the other tank. Our paladin said that with the vengeance in the end, I got 100k+ SS absorbs . It really helps out ^^
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-17 at 06:41 AM.

DPS doenst really matter on our first kill horridon was healed by the dinomancer to 100% and we had no problems.

From what I can tell in your logs. DPS should focus more on adds and interrupt adds aswell. If all your dps just focus adds and not the boss it will die in a few tries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    DPS doenst really matter on our first kill horridon was healed by the dinomancer to 100% and we had no problems.
    DPS matters , you need to have enough to kill add before each door and in the end have enough to finish of Jalak and Horridon before enrage . On our kill we had a minute left to the enrage.

If you could specify what is killing you, that would be helpful.
    Anyways, from fast glance at logs the things that I would change.

Your third mage is doing very poorly. Not sure if he's in "greens" or is it skill issue, but even without armory I'm leaning to wards the second one. Since both of your other mages are doing way better, send him to them to rework his basics, or you can just send him to mage sub forum.
    Another thing is that I'm not sure if you assign interrupters for venom priests. On your two longest tries one didn't have any volley ball damage, while other had 2 million. Put two person on that duty full time and exclude the tank from it, he has better things to do, not to mention priests wont kill people if they aren't tanks, but stacking volleyballs can.
    Also on fourth doors you need to kill flamecasters asap. Assign interrupters and killers for them.
    On top of that, what we found a working strat for us regarding add positioning is to move slowly towards other doors. That way we can leave things on the ground behind us. Of course casters and healers need to be positioned towards next door, rather then be left somewhere at previous doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Put two person on that duty full time and exclude the tank from it, he has better things to do, not to mention priests wont kill people if they aren't tanks, but stacking volleyballs can.
    What do tanks have to do that makes it so hard to interrupt? Blizz gave all melee+tanks an interrupt for a reason

Main Problem with Horridon HC progression is that every player and raidleader looks at the logs from other guilds, sees that everyone has over 200k dps and thinks he or the raid has to do this every try. So everyone thinks about how he can maximize his dps and comes to the conclusion "i have to scumbag horridon as much as i can while pretending to do dps on adds so my dps is fine and its the fault of the other dps". But this can only fail. Horridon has ALWAYS the last priority. Make sure everyone gets this right, let a dd mark your focustarget, assign interrupts and horridon will fall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    What do tanks have to do that makes it so hard to interrupt? Blizz gave all melee+tanks an interrupt for a reason
    Having to pickup adds and move around ?
    Not all tanks have ranged interupt on a short enough cd... While melee/ranged SHOULD already be focusing the interupt target down...

Isnt it enough we already tank, do more dps then you, heal the raid AND dispell/decurse ?
    Just outta curiousty, What are dps doing thats of such importance in that fight, that they cant waste a couple globals during ~10 minutes ?
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-17 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...ses&boss=68476

As far as I can tell our raid dps is too low, I would like some aid in analysis of what people need to improve on with regards to their rotations/priorities along with who is taking unnecessary raid dmg. Your input will be much appreciated.
    Horridon is just a matter of "hit the biggest troll you can find till it's dead, then move to the next".

That means wastewalkers > all on first door, priests on second, ms-guys on third and shamans on the 4th (yes, just count the bear as part of the shaman for size purposes). Dinomancer gets down? He is now the biggest troll, burn him down. Until he drops the orb, then he is not a troll anymore, so resume your normal troll-killing strat.

That being said: Damage on adds.

Wastewalkers: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...5197&target=63
    So good so far, your disc priest should be smiting horridon for increased healing, as he takes more damage, but it's not the case on the very first door.

Venom priests: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...5197&target=65
    Your mages and hunter need to learn the focus priority i posted above. Also your priest should be smiting horridon there.

Frozen warlords: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...5197&target=68
    Seems they catched up here, again tell your priest to smite horridon. He's there to heal, not to deal damage. While damage is nice with 2 healers shouldn't be needed.

Warbears: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...5197&target=70
    One of your mages and the ele shaman did ok, the rest need to focus fire more.

Same deal for beast shamans: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...5197&target=69

But looking at timeline you mostly wiped there. Onto deaths!

The first one dying was your warrior tank. 6 seconds without heals will kill the add tank on door 3. Hell i'm sure i'll die if i get no heals on door 3, and i've killed horridon lots of times already.

Second death. Prot paladin. Replace him, period.

Eternal flame instead of sacred shield, he doesn't have the slightest clue on how his class works, nor has him read a guide.

Overall work on interrupting everything you can (especially venom bolt volley and dino mending) and focus the big adds, small ones do almost nothing.