Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    suits me fine.
    How very selfish of you.

Deleted
    Stop healing, let thr group wipe, Post Healing Meters. Let the group decied what to do.

Agree with the autokick feature for healers going dps.
    Not if they go tanks, or if DPS go tanks.

I can understand why you don't want to perform hardcore when you're in lfr. Some just want to relax there. While it clearly worked it's not fair to you.
    Should basically get a votesystem, that only allows you to respec to another role if enough vote yes. That way there won't be trouble.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    How very selfish of you.
    with 6 healers I stand around doing nothing most the fight due to damage coming in being laughable and 6 healers being absolute overkill.

I much prefer to be in my DPS spec doing 95-115k DPS making the fight go much much quicker.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    You simply cant automate that process, as that would take away the chance to go with less healers than intended.
    There are lots of LFR´s where elite players drop in for whatever reason. It would really be awkward to have them go with 3 healers if they are able to soloheal it.

To the OP. While i see your rage i cant understand it. You should not rage, you should be proud of what you achieved. And in my eyes, while it was an unfair move i tend to go with the american way of watching teh situation what would be:
    You did it, so you were doing it right.

If i had to guess i´d say you are a german dude, since this is typical german. To moan what would have maybe gone wrong, while you were successful.
    whoo whooo! wtf dude? germans don't moan at all..cut it.

OT: OP i feel sorry for you to having to deal with this shit, i'v seen tanks come in as dps and actully anoy the fuck out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    I would absolutely love to solo or two-heal LFR. You are one lucky person.
    Eh that still wouldn't be as serious a business as, for instance, solo healing a full AV raid marching on foot against the entirety of the opposing army.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Stop healing, let thr group wipe, Post Healing Meters. Let the group decied what to do.
    This too.
    If the group obviously try to let others do all their work i just let them wipe. I'm no more in hurry than that, and i don't feel like carrying people that afks/tunnels boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    because you were never stuck with 0/2 tanks after 30 mins and some dps went tank so that you could finish the instance in some late day! Right?

I think I stopped going as resto when I found out I could still do the most overall healing as enhancement. Sure you lose the ability to properly spot heal but lets face it: LFR comes down to spamming AoE heals so I never felt bad about it.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    some of the hybrid classes can still pump out very impressive heals while in a dps spec tbh, I mean generally in LFR on my disc priest all I do is spam smite while watching a dvd on the other screen anyway and still top meters =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if I queue as a healer I expect to heal, not to sit there watching my raid frames be at a standstill. LFR damage is so low that passive health regeneration from class abilities is pretty much good enough to keep people alive. The only heals that healers have to cast is placement AOE spells (healing rain, healing stream totem, holy word: sanctuary, efflorescence, etc). And then the worst part: if your class doesn't have any absorbs and you are low on healing because there truly is nothing to heal, sometimes the casuals who don't know how to look at the big picture and only HPS on Recount like to kick people even though they were truly trying.

Deleted
    Last night we were in LFR, and we had only 1 tank. It was already very late. We waited a few mins, and noone came. So in the end I offered to go in offspec, even though my gear wasnt great, nor was my experience.

So i went tank and we killed it... you think i should have been kicked the moment i respecced?

auto kick everyone with shit dps aswell whilst ur at it, oh and all the people who fail on every single mechanic.

jk doesnt matter in lfr
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Yeah if I queue as a healer I expect to heal, not to sit there watching my raid frames be at a standstill. LFR damage is so low that passive health regeneration from class abilities is pretty much good enough to keep people alive. The only heals that healers have to cast is placement AOE spells (healing rain, healing stream totem, holy word: sanctuary, efflorescence, etc). And then the worst part: if your class doesn't have any absorbs and you are low on healing because there truly is nothing to heal, sometimes the casuals who don't know how to look at the big picture and only HPS on Recount like to kick people even though they were truly trying.
    Yeah Bads reading recount are one of the Banes of LFR.

Got kicked a a couple weeks ago due to me not doing enough DPS.

They looked at the Meters and saw me doing only 25k DPS and decided to kick me. Little did they realise I Mistweaver Spec, in the healer role and was #2 on the healing Charts and the 25k DPS was from spamming Crackling Jade Lightning inbetween big damage phases.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I much prefer to be in my DPS spec doing 95-115k DPS making the fight go much much quicker.
    Justification for selfishness. You should still queue as DPS like everyone else. You are what is wrong with the system.

Blizz should make your spec auto change to whatever you que'd as and then disable the ability to change inside LFR.
    Who ever said you need a healer spec to check the healer box? Your class just needs the ability to choose a healer spec, but you can have two dps specs as a druid if you want, and still get the healer box.

I agree with the OP and I'm surprised more people aren't offended at people "cutting them in line" for a shorter queue. I'm really surprised the dps in the raid didn't get pissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    This is the best solution. If you want people to votekick, you have to show them how it's wiping the raid and inconveniencing them first. Otherwise everything is fine and they don't feel the need to rock the boat. Make it so that their time is being wasted and then they'll care.

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    because you were never stuck with 0/2 tanks after 30 mins and some dps went tank so that you could finish the instance in some late day! Right?
    No. As a healer I would have left by then and re-qued.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system is fine. The problem is the human element and there's no fixing that.

No. As a healer I would have left by then and re-qued.
    Eh.
    I'm sure you know that ongoing raids get prio so you get in _after_ that raid have gotten their tanks. No new one is formed while another raid is missing 2 tanks, unless there's a full group with 2 tanks and more dps/healers, than can fit in, in the current, ongoing one :P

Imo, they could add same element as in Celestial Blessings quests - you can't switch spec while in LFR, and you can't enter LFR in wrong spec (need respec to be able to click button "Accept"). I don't know why people queue as one role and do some other role, it could be understandable before 5.3 and loot-specialization, but now... only because healers' queues are shorter? Even so, they could equip some greens/blues if they don't have gear and still contribute as LFR isn't much gear-demanding...