Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Stop healing, let thr group wipe, Post Healing Meters. Let the group decied what to do.
    Agreed. Definitely the best solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    unfortunately, with current LFR players, the one healer who actually stayed healer is more likely to get kicked than the players who abused the system.
    This is true. I always votekick the complainer rather than the person being complained on.

The boss died. Where is the problem.

If you on the other hand stopped healing just to prove a point that you wipe in case you dont heal, well, then I would also have kicked you since that is the definition of douchebag.

As I read this OP:
    I actually had to do something in LFR, waaah, waaah. I should not have to do something to get loot, waaah waaah.

I understand people that go AFK and I respect that. Which is why I rather kick the persons complaining about people going AFK rather than the person going AFK. As long as people actually play after a wipe to kill the boss it is fine. I do that all the time on my alts, afk until (if) we wipe, then just play.
    Same goes for people queuing as healer. I did that all the time on my BRM when I just leveled up. My tank gear was so bad (well 470 ilvl duuuh) so that people would just complain if I queued as tank, so I queued as healer and healed in full agility gear. Still did 50k HPS with only chi wave and chi torpedo, was often top 2-3 as healer.
    Aint nobody got time to queue as dps on all those alts, so yeah, I think it is fine if people dont heal as healers.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-07-17 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The boss died. Where is the problem. [/i]
    The problem is: If he would have been as douchy as the other healers, they wouldn't have killed the boss. It's that simple.
    If you que as a healer, you should heal. If you want to dps, que as a dps and deal with the longer wait time.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Justification for selfishness. You should still queue as DPS like everyone else. You are what is wrong with the system.
    when I go as heal, Ill always respec for the ridiculously easy bosses on heal, like council or twins, to dps, no point being healer there, when those can be solohealed by anyone not completely retarded, hell, both could likely be done just by hybrids randomly pressing their heal CDs. other than that, ill just wait how are other healers doing and how fail-y is the rest of the raid then decide if its worth repeccing or not. but i would never respec on bosses with decent damage, like animus, leishen or qon, not worth the risk of one or two healers dying and the rest not being able to heal through. Early in 5.2, before loot specs were introduced, i was queing as dps and almost always specced healer on animus simply because the damage here is so high when people are horrible and stand in shit, 7th healer made it much easier.

This is true. I always votekick the complainer rather than the person being complained on.

If you on the other hand stopped healing just to prove a point that you wipe in case you dont heal, well, then I would also have kicked you since that is the definition of douchebag.

As I read this OP:
    I actually had to do something in LFR, waaah, waaah. I should not have to do something to get loot, waaah waaah.
    It's like that situation:

Boss: "Okay guys, I need you to keep an eye on the entrances. We've six entrances, so we need six guards."
    Guys 1-5: "lol boss, u serious? I just go entertain the guests, guy 6 can do everything alone."
    Guy 6: "WTF? I secured all six entrances alone and all the others guys will be awarded the same or better?"

You really think that's fair? Ah, of course you do. Getting money / rewards for doing nothing / shit is absolutely perfect in our mad world. Just keep blaming the ones who really do their job!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    The problem is: If he would have been as douchy as the other healers, they wouldn't have killed the boss. It's that simple.
    If you que as a healer, you should heal. If you want to dps, que as a dps and deal with the longer wait time.
    When I queue as tank on my main, the other tank always (read as: 99% of the time) is a complete moron. I dont stop tanking because the other tank is terrible/afk and go whining like a little cry baby.

I know that I can solo tank entire LFR without any exceptions, so I man the fuck up and do it. Actually, I even prefer it since duo tanking is so boring.
    On those occasions when the other tank actually got a brain we usually make a deal to AFK every other fight, so one tanks, one afk and we just switch as the run goes on.

Same goes for healer. If he is a healer, he should be happy that there are people not healing since then he actually gets to do something to prevent him from falling asleep.

As I read this OP:

I understand people that go AFK and I respect that. Which is why I rather kick the persons complaining about people going AFK rather than the person going AFK. As long as people actually play after a wipe to kill the boss it is fine. I do that all the time on my alts, afk until (if) we wipe, then just play.
    Same goes for people queuing as healer. I did that all the time on my BRM when I just leveled up. My tank gear was so bad (well 470 ilvl duuuh) so that people would just complain if I queued as tank, so I queued as healer and healed in full agility gear. Still did 50k HPS with only chi wave and chi torpedo, was often top 2-3 as healer.
    Aint nobody got time to queue as dps on all those alts, so yeah, I think it is fine if people dont heal as healers.
    And you my friend are on of the reasons LFR is having such a bad reputation.
    Stick to your role you queue`d with if you cant do something as simple as that gtfo and play pvp with your friends who can appreciate you rebelish behavior.

I as a healer often have the same issue which the Op described. i always do my best so i wont whipe us per say but if its impossible to do i`ll stop healing and just link meters. people will start QQing anyway about it and the role changers are kicked if they dont heal.

simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    unfortunately, with current LFR players, the one healer who actually stayed healer is more likely to get kicked than the players who abused the system.

but I don't think an autokick solution is the right call here. It sucks, true, but this is only an issue if more than 1 or 2 healers do this. LFR is perfectly healable with less than 6 healers, especially if they're competent.
    Yup and that's the sad truth. Did wind lord the other day and it ended up as a wipe because no one was dispelling the buffs and i think there were like 10+ stacks on all adds hitting tanks with low gear. There were 4 priests total in the raid and only 1 was a healer. After the wipe, all healers got blamed for not keeping the tanks up. Completely ignoring the fact it wasn't the healing and not all healers are able to dispel.

Auto kick systems are a bad idea. What if a tank leaves but a dps can switch to tank spec to help tank? I've had that countless times and its always been a better solution than waiting for the queue to find another tank. Sometimes when the 6 healers do such good healing, maybe one switching to dps isn't such a bad thing. Obviously OPs situation sucked like mad and i've been in my fair few lfrs where i've had to carry the other healers who weren't doing much healing. This seems like it wouldn't happen too often.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted
    I do it for faster ques. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Same goes for healer. If he is a healer, he should be happy that there are people not healing since then he actually gets to do something to prevent him from falling asleep.
    No. They should at least ask beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    people will start QQing anyway about it and the role changers are kicked if they dont heal.
    There's a nice addon called LFRtools.
    It will automatically scan the group and post the names of players with a different spec than they qued for in the chat, if you wish so.

Sometimes people actually do care and kick said persons. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    You really think that's fair? Ah, of course you do. Getting money / rewards for doing nothing / shit is absolutely perfect in our mad world. Just keep blaming the ones who really do their job!
    Your analogy is not that good.

The guys queueing as healer and goes DPS makes more groups happen. If you can complete a group with 1 tank 21 dps and 3 healers, then the queue system goes faster and there are more groups. As long as the groups are successful, wtf is the problem? You get shorter queue times, faster runs and tanks/healers dont fall asleep. GG win/win.

Also, as long as LFR remains the best way to gear up, the people that enjoy LFR will have to live with the fact that a majority of the people in LFR completely hate LFR and would do anything to skip it, and is only there to get the free loot. LFRs design as a loot pinata is causing this issue. If you enjoy LFR so much but hate the fact that people AFK in it, you should lobby for the reduction of loot and/or item level drop in LFR so that the people that hate LFR gear up through alternative sources and that the people that LOVE LFR can be in groups where the other people feel the same way.

This is the core problem. LFR groups consists of so many people that hate it and just want to get away. That is why guy 1-5 does not want to keep an eye on the entrances, because they are on forced community service that is not supervised.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Justification for selfishness. You should still queue as DPS like everyone else. You are what is wrong with the system.
    Damn right I am selfish, spent the last 5 years of WoW being a tank dealing with retards and knuckle-draggers. Now that I am a DPS I couldn't care less anymore. I just want my gear, what the other 24 random people in my group think of me is of no consequence.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    I do it for faster ques. Deal with it.
    I thank you for speeding up the queues on my pure dps classes. Kudos my fine sir, keep up the good work.

As I read this OP:

So by your standards, everyone could go afk except one, and the one actually trying to get the job done would be kicked? You sir, are the douchebag here.

I hate people who go afk in LFR, I hate people who dont do their job and just slack. And yes I do complain about them, and I always queues with guildmates so we usualy get the right people kicked out.

The simple rule of raiding - do your job, be rewarded, it aplies to LFR aswell.

And you guys who queue as healer and go dps? Ever heard of loot specialization? Just heal with your dps gear, some healing is better than none. (or do as you're supposed to, stick out in that queue or do one simple thing: "/2 Any healer or tank going ToT LFR?" - problem solved)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    And you my friend are on of the reasons LFR is having such a bad reputation.
    Stick to your role you queue`d with if you cant do something as simple as that gtfo and play pvp with your friends who can appreciate you rebelish behavior
    Oh, I dont argue at all with that. I would love to skip LFR all together but it remains the best gear up option.

I know that I am a "plague" in LFR, but I also know that a majority of the group is on the same page as me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    So by your standards, everyone could go afk except one, and the one actually trying to get the job done would be kicked? You sir, are the douchebag here.
    My standards are afk until wipe, if you wipe, you play your best until boss dies then afk again.

Since I overall end up doing more damage when being dps than most other dpsers and more healing than the other healers when healing while being afk, I dont see the problem.

When tanking that often means attack the boss for the first 20%, at that point you have enough threat to keep aggro for the rest of the fight so then you can just go afk and make food or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    what the other 24 random people in my group think of me is of no consequence.
    Until they decide to kick you, like they should.

Deleted
    I'd make the system give the healers a minute to be dps, for whatever reason, after which they get kicked if they haven't specced back.

Oh, I dont argue at all with that. I would love to skip LFR all together but it remains the best gear up option.

I know that I am a "plague" in LFR, but I also know that a majority of the group is on the same page as me.

- - - Updated - - -

My standards are afk until wipe, if you wipe, you play your best until boss dies then afk again.

Since I overall end up doing more damage when being dps than most other dpsers and more healing than the other healers when healing while being afk, I dont see the problem.

When tanking that often means attack the boss for the first 20%, at that point you have enough threat to keep aggro for the rest of the fight so then you can just go afk and make food or something.
    I assume you dont do normal raids, as this is the best option to gear up. Then why do you do something you loathe? You dont need those upgrades, and you have most likely cleared it..
    And think of how fast it would go if you just wherent a dumb ass that goes afk in the first place, clearing it on the first try and not wasting 5-10 mins on a failed attempt, then 5-10 mins on another attempt. Your logic is clearly flawed, and you got nothing to do in a raid scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    who cares it's lfr?

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Eh.
    I'm sure you know that ongoing raids get prio so you get in _after_ that raid have gotten their tanks. No new one is formed while another raid is missing 2 tanks, unless there's a full group with 2 tanks and more dps/healers, than can fit in, in the current, ongoing one :P
    Thankfully there are 3 (Tot) other LFRs I can que for