Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    That sounds like the easiest solution I've heard of. Why haven't they done this? O.o
    Sounding and being are entirely different. Without intimate details on how the systems are implemented..this may not be easy at all.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-07-17 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

They need as much time wasters as possible, as they cant provide fun and engaging environment. You want to try new class? Grind weeks for the heirlooms, so you can grind for weeks to level it, then grind for weeks to gear it to encounter a patch which will bench it or make it unplayable in PvP. And you pay and pay.

Vote with your wallet!
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    Well I am a programmer (c family of languages going on 10years now), I happen to also have alot of experience working with network code and databases, and I can tell you it's trivial.

The funny thing is even without any technical qualifications it's obvious to any person possessing common sense that it's trivial, because private servers running on MySQL and operated by "kiddies" can do that and more, it's laughable to claim that Blizzard with all its knowhow and abundance of resources can't solve problems a bunch of "amateurs" can.

Their reasons for not providing solutions are (a) they are at the bottom of the priority list regardless of feasibility or (b) they make more money out of not solving the problem.
    You take your pick.
    Whether or not its trivial doesn't matter. They said the tech doesn't exist. Non existing trivial tech is still non existing. But I agree, it is a probably a low priority item.

I don't know much about private servers...but are there those that run dozens of individual servers that have a working example of this? If not...its really not the same thing =P
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-07-17 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I don't understand it when they said that. You can buy pets, mounts, and the helms now (actual pieces of armor) from the cash shop that go to all your toons but Blizz says that they just can't make it so heirlooms can be sent because it's too hard.

Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    Why would they kill their server tranfer cash cow? The reason BOA do not go to all your toons is cause boas do not cost you 15 bucks a pop

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Maybe if they showed they gave 2 fucks about their players, subs would stop declining for once
    HOW do people say this? If they didn't give two fucks, they wouldn't care about putting out content like they are now. And I know if I didn't give two fucks, I wouldn't bother replying to the whiny bitches on the forums. I'm not tired of blizzard, I'm tired of the entitled 15 year olds that play this game now and complain every 5 min.

more ot... I think when virtual realms roll out, we will see cross realm heirlooms. that's purely speculation though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    All that wordiness to say you agree with the essence of my post (that it's definitely feasible) but you didn't like my tone...

Now to replay to Vesseblah?... well seeing as you're not going to employ me, I don't see a reason to give you qualifications, but I like how you jump to conclusions

Suffice it to say your reply betrays you for exactly the kind of developer you accuse me of being, small-time, duct-tape over patch over duct-tape projects that you fear of touching lest they fall over like jenga bricks.
    (I do know of those, I worked on some in my junior developer days)

Science becomes magic when sufficiently advanced, I guess technology is just a big mystery to you, a butterfly flaps its wings in Tokyo and heirloom transfers break at Blizz HQ.

(btw if you bother to look a bit back in my post history - don't recommend it as it's not very fanboy-friendly and you're liable to get even more hot and bothered,
    you'll see I described the virtual realm implementation down to a 't' before it was announced so maybe I do have a bit more of a clue than you )
    There are defiantly solutions blizzard could implement.

But I don't think ANY of them are "trivial" like you said and I don't think blizzard want to implement them.

You 100% have zero knowledge of blizzards infrastructure, so go and fold up your tin foil hat and enjoy yourself

Here is hoping the infrastructure changes the come in 5.4 will solve this problem as well and at least we can burn some tin foil hats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    HOW do people say this? If they didn't give two fucks, they wouldn't care about putting out content like they are now. And I know if I didn't give two fucks, I wouldn't bother replying to the whiny bitches on the forums. I'm not tired of blizzard, I'm tired of the entitled 15 year olds that play this game now and complain every 5 min.

more ot... I think when virtual realms roll out, we will see cross realm heirlooms. that's purely speculation though.
    Well I think every single time a Blizzard employee sees a WoW gamer they flem up and spit on their face.

./sarcasm off

In 5.4 at least we can have more than 11 toons per "server".

I don't understand it when they said that. You can buy pets, mounts, and the helms now (actual pieces of armor) from the cash shop that go to all your toons but Blizz says that they just can't make it so heirlooms can be sent because it's too hard.

Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    There's a massive difference between you sending something to another toon on another realm VS them doing an auto mail to toons on creation. If this was the case people in Vanilla would be saying the tech was there because we got auto replies back on some quests after some time. It's just that it's a limitation with their code not working properly with cross mailing. It's one of the reasons why you don't see a mailbox on Wandering Isle. There were issues mailing it from one toon to a neutral toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Why would they kill their server tranfer cash cow? The reason BOA do not go to all your toons is cause boas do not cost you 15 bucks a pop
    I really doubt heirlooms provide a significant revenue stream due to server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    THe moment you received your store bought items in your mailbox on all toons, was the moment Blizzard ran out of excuses as far as I'm concerned.
    They said if they wanted to they could make it so once you bought the heirloom every toon created could have it auto mailed to this, but this wasn't the best way to handle the situation so they didn't. There are several ways they said they could fix it, but they would all be band-aid fixes that could cause issues later on and they would prefer a much cleaner way of doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    :| All of you dumbfounded people complaining over nothing. They're working on it, possibly for 5.4.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

• ERR_MAIL_CANT_SEND_REALM - You can't send mail to that realm.
    • ERR_REALM_NOT_FOUND - Cannot find that realm.
    • INTERACTIVE_REALM_TOOLTIP - Interactive Realm (#)\nGroup, Whisper, Mail, Trade, Guild, Arena
    • INTERACTIVE_SERVER_LABEL - (#)

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17056 (scroll down to the New Strings section)

Get your panties out of a bunch, kthx.

A flag on your account which creates an item out of nothing, and mailing from one realm to another are very different things.
    The second actually requires the item to exist at the source, which simply mailing you a mount or store purchase does not.

Perhaps blizzard are actually right and it is the players that are full of bs and do not understand what is actually involved.

The "strings" found actually show nothing in the way of a solution or fix, only proving that the issue remains.
    Virtual Realms are in effect just larger realms, hence the naming by a prefix should names clash.
    That is why trading, and I would assume mail would work within those constraints because there being a single realm where all can be found.

Those strings show that there are still realms you cannot mail to.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-17 at 06:25 PM.

Like the guy/gal said earlier, when they put in the mounts/pet tab they had the tech for it. get pet cheap on one server, login to other server, put in cage, sell it on auction there

they couldve done the same thing with heirlooms but the people who wasted money on server transfers for years just to move money/heirlooms to a new realm would throw a fit at them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    :| All of you dumbfounded people complaining over nothing. They're working on it, possibly for 5.4.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

• ERR_MAIL_CANT_SEND_REALM - You can't send mail to that realm.
    • ERR_REALM_NOT_FOUND - Cannot find that realm.
    • INTERACTIVE_REALM_TOOLTIP - Interactive Realm (#)\nGroup, Whisper, Mail, Trade, Guild, Arena
    • INTERACTIVE_SERVER_LABEL - (#)

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17056 (scroll down to the New Strings section)

Get your panties out of a bunch, kthx.
    quite obvious you will be able to send mail between your cluster of dead servers (virtual realms), which does nothing to address the OP

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Perhaps blizzard are actually right and it is the players that are full of bs and do not understand what is actually involved.
    I would say this. Everyone thinks they know how to fix it when in reality it's much harder. Some people think because they can do it on a private server or their own machine that Blizzard is just lazy when it's not so easy.

having to mail BOA items to yourself was always stupid and GC agrees. an option "put in cage" from pet tab but in a heirlooms interface could accomplish this

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    THe moment you received your store bought items in your mailbox on all toons, was the moment Blizzard ran out of excuses as far as I'm concerned.
    This is the correct answer. Everything else is bullshit. (I'm looking at you so called DBA's and network/programmers). The code is there, they just wont use it cause they would lose xfer money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post

I pay, thus I am entitled to express my opinion on the matter. You can keep fanboying and throwing out $15 for transfers or $45 for some helms. As far as I'm concerned, all the character services and items in the store should be covered by the monthly sub, asking for more money is nothing but greed and exploiting the players.

they are to busy putting resources into making money making bullshit then doing stuff like this ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    quite obvious you will be able to send mail between your cluster of dead servers (virtual realms), which does nothing to address the OP
    Well, it does give the answer of it being in the works plausible for 5.4 as I've said before. And it does adress the primary view, you can't expect a new system to work for all servers right away. And Virtual Server groups are a good start, if OP doens't like that, then sorry. He'll have to wait a bit more. Progress takes time.

"ERR_MAIL_CANT_SEND_REALM - You can't send mail to that realm.
    ERR_REALM_NOT_FOUND - Cannot find that realm.
    INTERACTIVE_REALM_TOOLTIP - Interactive Realm (#)\nGroup, Whisper, Mail, Trade, Guild, Arena
    INTERACTIVE_SERVER_LABEL - (#)"

People have gotten hope, yet you want more right away, It's still in the testing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    This is the correct answer. Everything else is bullshit. (I'm looking at you so called DBA's and network/programmers). The code is there, they just wont use it cause they would lose xfer money.

and this has been happening since the core hound pet for authenticator years ago. mailed to all toons you created. of course this was "fixed" when pet journal was added