Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Tauren Sunwalkers and Seers (paladins and priests) does indeed use the sun, however the refer to it as the Holy Light or just the Light (just click any paladin or priest trainer that's a tauren in game). The concept of Holy Magic is indeed the same, but the difference is cultural as something a troll for example, regards as holy, a night elf or human might regard as heretical.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, however in case of the Tauren, the shamans and druids are very close connected. The Night Elves even comments on the fact that the Horde races shamanism isn't that different from the ideas of druidism - there used to be two npc's outside of Stonetalon, one a druid and one a shaman and they'd mention how related their different ideas in truth were.

And druids are very tribal, it's just that the Night Elf druids are a bit more.... Urbanized and imperialised really, due to the culture of the Night Elf society.

That sheds some light on the whole topic although why, then, would a tauren be a druid when shamanism is almost the same thing? Just because you can turn into animals? Shamans already do that!
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

dwarf rogue, dwarfs are like the complete opposite of what a rogue should be like.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    That sheds some light on the whole topic although why, then, would a tauren be a druid when shamanism is almost the same thing? Just because you can turn into animals? Shamans already do that!
    The specific teachings of Cenarius, his ideas and philosophies, acces to the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    dwarf rogue, dwarfs are like the complete opposite of what a rogue should be like.
    Depends, the Dark Iron are smaller, craftier and much more sneaky and sinister than your regular Bronzebeard, beergut dwarf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I think a Troll Paladin, Tauren Warlock, or Goblin Druid are the least likely combinations possible.
    Troll Paladins are in fact *very* likely. They'd be given the same treatment as the Tauren Paladin of course, and probably be called something like Loa-Zealot or whatever, but the idea of a Loa worshipping warrior, using the blinding powers of the Loa along with the healing essence of another Loa, while wearing heavy armor isn't that far out - besides there are some Zandalari "Paladins" in ToT already.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Undead paladins. Nightelf mages (imo they shouldn't have added them as nightelfs banished any form of magic from their society) and warlocks.
    In your opinion, but fact is: Night Elves = High Elves, essentially, just not as rich or "highborne."

There were Night/High Elf mages thousands of years ago. You are right on it being banned, but not on it being implausible.

Undead Paladins, could be something, based on Undead Holy priests. Read up about the priests... they are basically slowly reviving themselves, according to Blizzard lore. I think it was on the Undead Priest creation page or something, but basically, Undead priests start to smell how they are rotting flesh etc etc and start to feel more pain and what-not. It's an interesting read.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    In your opinion, but fact is: Night Elves = High Elves, essentially, just not as rich or "highborne."

There were Night/High Elf mages thousands of years ago. You are right on it being banned, but not on it being implausible.

Undead Paladins, could be something, based on Undead Holy priests. Read up about the priests... they are basically slowly reviving themselves, according to Blizzard lore. I think it was on the Undead Priest creation page or something, but basically, Undead priests start to smell how they are rotting flesh etc etc and start to feel more pain and what-not. It's an interesting read.
    Forsaken Paladins could.... Kinda... Work. Very strong-willed, martyr-minded warriors.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well how about that!
    And just to prove that I'm not pulling stuff out of my ass, here's the guy in question, the Zandalari Prelate; http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927#abilities

"And of course there are the "Zandalari Freethinkers", which were mentioned in vanilla;
    Your beliefs are alien to us, heathen. Ancient Zandalar were once branded as heretics. This was when the Gurubashi Empire was strong. Heathens dared to challenge the priest of Hakkar. Heathens then were hunted and killed as vermin. Those heathens never wavered in their fight against the Blood God. We honor the price they paid. They are the freethinkers.

You are a heathen. Heathens have a place in the tribe. Heathens are freethinkers of Zandalar. Freethinkers do not fear oppression. Freethinkers die for what they believe in. We know you would die for what you believe in. This earns our acknowledgement. This earns you a chance to prove yourself further."

orc paladin should never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No Gilnean was trained to be a Paladin, then they sealed themselves off after the 2nd war and were obviously unable to learn Pally stuff from someone.

In my view: Tauren Rogue, even a combination like Troll Paladin seems likely, because these Zandalar guys in ToT seem to have an odd connection to Paladin Spells, like:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=139212
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=139223

IF Trolls can become Paladins, they are the 1st Race in WoW that is able to choose any class.
    ToT Trolls are not the same as Darkspear Trolls, and that's the main reason why troll paladins are iffy. Perhaps if we used the ToT trolls' knowledge it would be possible, but without it, Troll paladins make no sense.

Edit: I read someone else's post who said they're likely if they worship something other than the Light (such as how Tauren paladins are really Sunwalkers). If so, then I suppose they are very much possible.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    orc paladin should never happen
    Well, we have Eitrigg, who's basically a Crusader of the Argent Dawn/Crusade, and there were a lot of orc members of the Crusade up in Northrend, it's very likely that they were affected by the beleifs of the human and dwarf members. Oh and there's the fact that the orc shamans on Draenor drank Naaru-infused holy water for years.

Besides, the Tauren and Blood Elves could teach them.... Think of how awesome the wolf mount would look hah.

- - - Updated - - -

No need, I just had to look it up for myself! Apparently this was also hinted at prior by an old armor set.
    Indeed, the Freethinker armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    ToT Trolls are not the same as Darkspear Trolls, and that's the main reason why troll paladins are iffy. Perhaps if we used the ToT trolls' knowledge it would be possible, but without it, Troll paladins make no sense.
    Indeed they are not - however! We've now been fighting, studying and killing Zandalari trolls for a good while, not to mention they taught us about the Freethinkers back in Vanilla, and Vol'jin isn't an idiot, it's likely they he has learned a thing or two...

Tauren rogues are the true masters of stealth. That's why you never see them.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The specific teachings of Cenarius, his ideas and philosophies, acces to the Emerald Dream.
    Still feels "crammed down our throats" from WC3 to WoW (pulled out of their asses, that is). They were barely druidic in WC3, then in WoW they are all over druidism.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Still feels "crammed down our throats" from WC3 to WoW (pulled out of their asses, that is). They were barely druidic in WC3, then in WoW they are all over druidism.
    Well yes... The tauren just rediscovered druidism. In fact, they started rediscovering it after the Third War, when they re-established contact with the Night Elves and Malfurion. Hamuul is the first tauren druid in over 10.000 years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Tauren Rogue. Oh wait, that's based on size, not lore.
    Y’know, Tauren are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    don't think ill ever be able to make my death knight pandaren

I think any race/class combo is possible given that there is ample reason for gameplay. There's a lot of conflicting class combos, and they're explained by being rogues outside the main faction (Dark Iron mages/warlocks, Highborne mages) or a new offshoot that wasn't there before (gnome surgeons, sunwalkers).

Anything can be possible, from Draenei Warlocks to Forsaken paladins to Tauren Rogues. All you need is a bit of suspension of disbelief.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yes... The tauren just rediscovered druidism. In fact, they started rediscovering it after the Third War, when they re-established contact with the Night Elves and Malfurion. Hamuul is the first tauren druid in over 10.000 years.
    Metzen also stated well into WoW's release that Tauren having access to the Druid class was a gameplay decision, and that he wanted to keep the class exclusive to Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    It's a current game, not Lord of the frickin' Rings.
    Do you hold comic books companies like DC and Marvel to the same standards as well?
    Of course not, except for when an established character, against all reasoning, sells his soul to the devil to bring back an aunt that was at peace in the afterlife to begin with. You know, when that happens, *#!& that #@#$.

Yeah, Draenei warlock probably shouldn't happen. It would be cool to see, but shouldn't really fit in lore.

Although, by the "they are too good / pure / devoted to the Light" argument, Draenei death knights shouldn't exist either. But then, most death knights didn't become death knights by choice.

I still don't get how Goblin priests work. Seems to me like Goblins wouldn't really be a race devoted to the Light.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-17 at 08:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah, Draenei warlock probably shouldn't happen. It would be cool to see, but shouldn't really fit in lore.

Although, by the "they are too good / pure / devoted to the Light" argument, Draenei death knights shouldn't exist either. But then, most death knights didn't become death knights by choice.

I still don't get how Goblin priests work. Seems to me like Goblins wouldn't really be a race devoted to the Light.
    Goblin Priests, well think of tele-evangelism - if you pay, they'll provide whatever spiritual service you need, and also their priests tends to be "mech priests" cleansing and "blessing" tanks and what not (seen in Azshara).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Because lore wise they aren't priests. They are medics.

Classes are just to make balance and stuff easy. In game they are many things, eg lore wise. Human/dwarf = Knights of the silver hand, Blood elves = Blood Knights, Cow men = Sunwalkers and Space goat = Vindicators. But game play wise they are all just called paladins.
    Aye mate

Tauren Pala...nevermind.