Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am taking the side of I don't want microtransactions in a sub based game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Those same 4-5 people could instead be making fun/unique xmog items to put in the game instead no? it's not like they are struggling for money they are raking it in, I wouldn't even mind as much if this stuff was actually a reasonable price but no they charge more for a cosmetic helm than games like League of legends would charge for a whole skin or actual champion which is ridiculous.
    Yeah that's my biggest problem with this, the pricing is completely unjustified. They don't need it, at all.

Me not needing the items doesn't justify pricing them that high.

Microtransactions in a subscription game is greed, all greed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    One side tends to be more passive -
    • Who cares? It is only cosmetic it's not like they are selling tier gear
    • It's your choice to spend money on this and you aren't forced to
    • The cash from this may even help fund the content of the game further
    This... if you don't like it, don't buy it... it's that simple. It won't change the game either way, and Blizzard gets more $$ to put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care about them. Would like to own it, but 12 Euro is a rip off, IMO.

15 Dollars is really steep for just one item especially when compared to other cosmetic gear in MMOs though this whole discussion is gross and overly simplistic. It doesn't impact gameplay a bit and anyone afraid of this turning into raid gear being bought is just outrageous.

I really don't care that blizz sells cosmetic items in the store (not a fan of the helms because I personally think they are ugly)

In all honesty though I wouldn't care if they allowed you to buy your character level gains or even the newest full tier set (just not the heroic version)
    (used to be against it but truth be told gear is more or less disposable these days and it clears blizz just considers normal modes a minor step toward heroics.)

The helms look really cool, I doubt i'll spend money on them tho. as for the whole idea of pay2win, I really couldn't care less. Unless the day comes when I need to use real money to buy raiding/tier gear I don't care. Blizz isn't forcing me to spend real money outside of the sub fee, so I can still play the way I want. Earning the gear through farming and grinding raids/reps/dailies what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    So what side are you on in this situation? Or do you have your own unique point of view on the topic?
    Hm, I doubt my opinion is unique, but I am generally on the "no" side for this. The store has been slowly ramping up in terms of what it's carrying. First pets, then mounts, now boosters and costume gear. Which is harmless enough on its own, if this were a free-to-play game. But being that this game is one of the few remaining subscription-required MMOs out there, this rubs me the wrong way. My opinion is that unless you're a free-to-play game, and dependent on the store for income, store items should simply be shortcuts of exchanging money for time. i.e. the store items should be obtainable in some way through simply playing the game.

I'm half expecting the next store update to start popping up reminders about daily deals when you log in, or implementing the dreaded "lockbox" scheme. In a way, the store already has "keys" for sale with the purchasable charms. Maybe they'll create some method of purchasing in-game time with money, ala PLEX or REX or Krono.

Price is high, but they're simply cosmetic and don't affect gameplay in any way.

The second Blizz sells anything with stats on it, I'll be upset. But cosmetics? Pets? Mounts? LotRO does it and I don't see folks up in arms.

Yea I'll pass on all 3. 15 bucks for -one- is a blatant rip off. 15 bucks for all 3? Maybe. I just kinda see it as a slap in the face given all of the T-16 armor sets are sub par (In my opinion) in design and wow these show up gee, that's nice.

The more things Blizzard sells on the store the more money they have, they can then turn that money into new content.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm on the "I really don't care, it's the same as the mounts and pets - something cosmetic that has no effect on anything other than the visual side - besides I find all the helmets ugly and therefore wont buy them" side.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I suppose I'd be on the passive side.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

If I ran Blizzard I'd have had buyable sets out for years already. Gimme dat $$$$$$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendippity View Post
    The more things Blizzard sells on the store the more money they have, they can then turn that money into new content.
    They stated before that hiring more devs does not translate into more content or better content. That money goes in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seems already 3100 people volunteer to have one free.

I'd expect among them is nobody who opposes the shop out of principle....so I'll go ahead and count these at least as 3100 "I don't care"
    Everyone likes free shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there even sides to begin with.. ooo its a piece of transmog gear, that gives you nothing but a cool look.
    So I side with who gives a flying ***k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say they are wasting time on this, when they should focus on the game itself instead. It is just being extra greedy, especially for the price they are operating with.
    Eventually more and more time will be put into developing stuff for their store as well, when they realize people will buy almost anything, and pay a hefty price at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Why is there even sides to begin with.. ooo its a piece of transmog gear, that gives you nothing but a cool look.
    So I side with who gives a flying ***k.
    I only play wow for character customization and transmog. I still don't even care. I'm buyin those shits!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Everyone likes free shit
    It's still extremely hypocritical.

Hooray for cosmetic stuff, it can only mean that Blizzard is dropping the subscription at some point.