Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Or maybe they are able to make a decent profit at $2 for a helm and they actually value their customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Wouldn't that mean they could charge less then? Or are you saying people who play WoW are retarded enough to pay that much?
    Why would they charge less if they can get the $15? That's just being a terrible business. And if you think your good-guy mmos charging $2 wouldn't make it $15 if they could get that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Why would they charge less if they can get the $15? That's just being a terrible business. And if you think your good-guy mmos charging $2 wouldn't make it $15 if they could get that...
    Public image and showing that they actually value their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    Public image and showing that they actually value their customers.
    I personally think $15 is cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are looking at it the wrong way. Since this is the first cosmetic bit if they charged say 5 bucks for it people would not make such a big deal about it. And because they wouldn't make such a big deal about it would allow them to release more cosmetic gear in the future for 5 bucks. People spend more money in the long run if they spend it in small amounts. Blizzard would make more money in the long run if they do it in small amounts. The is how all other in game stores work.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I personnally think you are a troll if you say $15 is cheap for the kind of stuff we're talking about in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    I personnally think you are a troll if you say $15 is cheap for the kind of stuff we're talking about in this thread.
    There's plenty of value beyond the helmet model. Just think of all the fun one can have because of the people who'll be butthurt to see you wearing it!

In the current market of free to play game the helms are very expensive, especially for a subscription based game. Why do you think $15 is cheap?

10+ Year Old Account
    They give you no extra stats, so it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You are looking at it the wrong way. Since this is the first cosmetic bit if they charged say 5 bucks for it people would not make such a big deal about it. And because they wouldn't make such a big deal about it would allow them to release more cosmetic gear in the future for 5 bucks. People spend more money in the long run if they spend it in small amounts. Blizzard would make more money in the long run if they do it in small amounts. The is how all other in game stores work.
    You don't think their sales department figured out the best price point possible? They didn't do it for $25. It's only $15. Why do you think $5 is the mark? Because that's good for you? If you want a lot of people to have it why not charge $0.50? Bottom line is that number isn't arbitrary, they knew it was the highest they could go before they would make less money by turning people away.

Deleted
    You may think it's cheap, but the vast majority think it's way overpriced, even to the point of ridiculousness. Ergo, Blizzard's public image suffers.

Yes, there will be few people who are willing to pay that 15$. Sure, Blizzard's revenue will surge momentarily, but I believe that in the long run the influence will be negative.

You may think it's cheap, but the vast majority think it's way overpriced, even to the point of ridiculousness.
    You have access to detailed polling, do you? Share your sources.

Right now on steam you can get dues ex human revolution for 3 dollars.

The helm is 5 times that amount

You may think it's cheap, but the vast majority think it's way overpriced, even to the point of ridiculousness. Ergo, Blizzard's public image suffers.

Yes, there will be few people who are willing to pay that 15$. Sure, Blizzard's revenue will surge momentarily, but I believe that in the long run the influence will be negative.
    Oh my bad. Didn't know you we're representing the vast majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think their sales department figured out the best price point possible? They didn't do it for $25. It's only $15. Why do you think $5 is the mark? Because that's good for you? If you want a lot of people to have it why not charge $0.50? Bottom line is that number isn't arbitrary, they knew it was the highest they could go before they would make less money by turning people away.
    Why do people keep using "lol u poor" as an argument point... No $15 is fuck all for me. They are looking at it in the short run.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You have access to detailed polling, do you? Share your sources.
    The exact numbers are pulled out of my nether regions, but nonetheless, judging from the amount of negative response these prices have already invoked, I'm sure more people think the items are overpriced than not.

Oh my bad. Didn't know you we're representing the vast majority.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see in the latest sub report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I guess we will just have to wait and see in the latest sub report.
    That's been going down like crazy for a lot of reasons. It will go down again next quarter. You can't point at that and be like, oh it's cuz lol $15 helmets bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those items probably cost like 1000$ to create. Maybe a week from an
    artist to create it and fit it to all player models.

It still costs 1/4 of a full Triple A title which cost like 10 000 000$ to create.

I don't understand how you can think that's a good price for it. Even if the game
    would be free to play it would still be a huge rip off. Insanely shitty value for money.

Every model, animation, texture, particle effect etc. they put to the cash shop is one
    asset that's not in the text scenario, dungeon or raid.

So basically you pay for the content with your subscription fee which they then put to
    the cash shop so they can rip you off because Vivendi wants more money.

Sounds pretty fair! Right...?

The exact numbers are pulled out of my nether regions, but nonetheless, judging from the amount of negative response these prices have already invoked, I'm sure more people think the items are overpriced than not.
    Again, you can look at the, and I'm being generous, 1000 people on the forums crying about it as the player base. If you judged the health of the game on that it, according to those people, WoW would've been in its grave from LFR.

That's been going down like crazy for a lot of reasons. It will go down again next quarter. You can't point at that and be like, oh it's cuz lol $15 helmets bro.
    If it goes down a pretty substantial amount, say like more than it has in previous declines, then I think we are safe to say that it could very well be one of the reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you can look at the, and I'm being generous, 1000 people on the forums crying about it as the player base. If you judged the health of the game on that it, according to those people, WoW would've been in its grave from LFR.
    A lot of people just quit and never post on the forums, which is why yes, we can't just only judge the forums like you said.