Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just get both and swap based on the fight.

Based on the fact that on PTR they only changed the tank cloak to specify the spec, let's hope for now that it's only to avoid cheezing mechanics (H Primo dark blobs exploding)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Based on the fact that on PTR they only changed the tank cloak to specify the spec, let's hope for now that it's only to avoid cheezing mechanics (H Primo dark blobs exploding)
    Or being a free extra soaker for a mechanic. It would come at a cost for intellect users (casters/healers), but any agi or strength DPS can easily reforge the tank stats and gain a cheat death, which would be... quite nice. Stuff like DPS DK's taking it to live through Static Shock for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Or being a free extra soaker for a mechanic. It would come at a cost for intellect users (casters/healers), but any agi or strength DPS can easily reforge the tank stats and gain a cheat death, which would be... quite nice. Stuff like DPS DK's taking it to live through Static Shock for instance.
    You mean besides AMS + IBF for 1st one and purg + ghoul sac for 2nd one (or can probably combine them for 1st one)

(But yes, i get your point )

You mean besides AMS + IBF for 1st one and purg + ghoul sac for 2nd one (or can probably combine them for 1st one)
    25m, not good enough (can be void shifted though, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    25m, not good enough (can be void shifted though, I guess).
    Even for one of them ? O.o , i'd assume that (75% + 50% + 100%) *1.2 of max health would be enough

Even for one of them ? O.o , i'd assume that (75% + 50% + 100%) *1.2 of max health would be enough
    Not even close
    It deals about 3m of 25H iirc => IBF puts it at 2.4m , AMS at 2.1m , Ghoul sac 1.8m , purgatory at -1.2m and then you'd need like void shift + Lay on Hands + some extra healing to survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    GC just tweeted to someone that you can only benefit from the tank cloak proc if you are a tank spec.

If the opposite is true and you have to be DPS spec to benefit from the DPS proc, how many of you still take the DPS cloak?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...21649013207040
    Really hope that's not the case. It would be a massive fun nerf if I couldn't benefit from the DPS cloak during heroics/scenarios/questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Not even close
    It deals about 3m of 25H iirc => IBF puts it at 2.4m , AMS at 2.1m , Ghoul sac 1.8m , purgatory at -1.2m and then you'd need like void shift + Lay on Hands + some extra healing to survive it.
    And that is before you charge the pillar or even overload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Not even close
    Hmmm i see. Granted there's still AoD but that's a normal cd, and i think blizz nerfed AMZ to no longer be uber op :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not even close
    And that is before you charge the pillar or even overload it.
    Hahaha. No.
    It deals 1m damage + the % according to the level/charge of pillar on 25m.
    So 3m would be on ~2nd level-up, or in the first intermission.

So with expertise replacing dodge this seems to make this cloak suited well for progression doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    So with expertise replacing dodge this seems to make this cloak suited well for progression doesn't it?
    Not really. It's a step in the right direction, but still:
    1) no native haste
    2) very situational and likely unused proc
    3) loss of the DPS cloak proc, which now scales with AP (WTF OP)

Unless they nerf the DPS cloak (or balance encounters/tank damage around the assumption that every tank has the legendary cape), most any progress minded tank will take the DPS cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Still has parry.

Still has parry.
    21250 should be pretty easy to reach, so once we cap hit/exp/haste, we can either stack crit, mastery, or avoidance.

With the GC changes, I'm not really as averse to adding on avoidance once all caps are met.

But yes, still has parry.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    21250 should be pretty easy to reach, so once we cap hit/exp/haste, we can either stack crit, mastery, or avoidance.

With the GC changes, I'm not really as averse to adding on avoidance once all caps are met.

But yes, still has parry.
    tbh i would either a) stack master/crit (probably mastery) b) build a separate avoidance set.

Further stacking mastery just seems like wasting stats, given that we'll be pretty damn smooth at that point.

Crit does have a benefit in throughput, but does fuckall for survival (for what that's worth).

Avoidance has minimal throughput on ST, but HUGE boost to MT fights, which is my big selling point, for now.
    20k and counting...

Further stacking mastery just seems like wasting stats, given that we'll be pretty damn smooth at that point.

Crit does have a benefit in throughput, but does fuckall for survival (for what that's worth).

Avoidance has minimal throughput on ST, but HUGE boost to MT fights, which is my big selling point, for now.
    Yes, however what i am interested in is a parry/dodge/crit build (won't work everywhere, but can be uber gimmick)

Yes, however what i am interested in is a parry/dodge/crit build (won't work everywhere, but can be uber gimmick)
    Well, there is certainly enough D+P gear on the loot table
    20k and counting...

Well, there is certainly enough D+P gear on the loot table
    Well to think of a fight, general nazgrim : a shit ton of adds, with a ton of dodge/parry/crit you will have infinite HoPs + critting Focused AS (huzzah for extra +30%)