Time and time again it has always been stated that the current tier is almost always better than a lower tier. Considering the item level difference between an LFR and normals I'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Well we had some god-among-men who was talking about how they don't use a HoPo bar because they track it all manually in their head, so you never know who might take something like that to heart!
    Bit late, but I'm glad you remember me Nairobi :3

And thanks for calling me a god, it makes me feel like you didn't type that entire post in italic pink comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Time and time again it has always been stated that the current tier is almost always better than a lower tier. Considering the item level difference between an LFR and normals I'd say yes.
    I'm really not trying to be rude, or uncivil, but you've got no real argument or idea of what you're talking about. You're saying that a 530 Dodge/Hit belt with 1 socket is superior to a perfectly itemized Haste/Mastery one, with 2 sockets, simply because of 20 ilvl. Sure, the STR and Stam and armor is in the valor belt's favor, but that's where it stops. Entirely. The hit, which is a conditional cap that is very easily met/exceeded AND a blue-socket stat is the best that belt has going for it, and its only ~450. There is ~800 dodge (iirc) on there. You could reforge the dodge out, down to ~500 to get 300 haste (less than 1 gem). If you want to use a shit itemized piece, be my guest, but please don't give bad advice and then quote ilvl as your saving grace, as if there is some gospel rule about it.

The ilvl "rule" is a personal preference. You have so many assertions, allegations, and arguments that are based on "math" that you never produce. Maybe you don't understand it, or maybe you just don't like the answer, but either way, that doesn't make it correct. When you have every successful paladin, ne, person doing any role/job telling you 1 thing, and you have an inexperienced or less successful novice giving peanut gallery comments, it doesn't help the discussion. Not trying to be rude, but there's a reason that everyone ahead of you in progress is doing it differently than yourself.

Also - Hi Xs. I thought it may have been you, but you had been dark, and I didn't want to mis-quote. Good on you for tracking it, I just think I'd lose track of it with partial cast WOGs, fight mechanics and DP procs over the course of a fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

570 Mastery (0.95), 864 Haste (2.03%)
    vs
    295 Stamina, 277 Strength , 201 Armor , 819 Dodge (0.93%), 582 Hit (1.71%)

So really
    570 Mastery (0.95), 864 Haste (2.03%) vs 295 Stamina, 201 Armor ,582 Hit (1.71%)

So i'd say the lfr is better.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    found a non tier helm with haste n mastery so all isnt.
    Same stats as the crafted 522 helmet.

By the way...

Lightning Emperor's Faceguard

Lightning Emperor's Handguards

check which set they belong to (ignore the item names as they are obviously just place-holders)

Haste. On PROTECTION tier.

(>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

WAAAAAT.

There must be some mistake...Hell, the gloves don't even have avoidance on there to compensate for haste!!

Jesus, thats 2k haste on gloves for a BS.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Also - Hi Xs. I thought it may have been you, but you had been dark, and I didn't want to mis-quote. Good on you for tracking it, I just think I'd lose track of it with partial cast WOGs, fight mechanics and DP procs over the course of a fight
    Yeah I've been busy the last few weeks so MMO-C was last on my priorities

And to be fair, I do still have a HP bar, I just keep track of it mentally and using MSBT's scrolling 1HP 2HP 3HP etc. things

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

By the way...

Haste. On PROTECTION tier.

(>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

I think.... i think.... "falls on the floor"

woha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

A bit ironic/unfortunate, though, that the tier bonuses are rather subpar compared to this/last tier's. 2pc could be...maybe useful? Depends on how fast the HOT ticks I suppose. 4pc is just kinda...there. Guess that just means no reason to worry about anything but helm/gloves then!
    20k and counting...

A bit ironic/unfortunate, though, that the tier bonuses are rather subpar compared to this/last tier's. 2pc could be...maybe useful? Depends on how fast the HOT ticks I suppose. 4pc is just kinda...there. Guess that just means no reason to worry about anything but helm/gloves then!
    4p means you don't have to decide between ShoR and WoG, you can have both.

HEY GUYS! I wasted an hour of my time to sort through the SoO gear that was linked (as of 11:59pm EST) on the front page for both Plate tanking and Agi DPS (tanking monk!).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Not included: Any trinkets or tier gear

Okay the only rule is "HOLD OUT FOR ALL BIS. IT ALWAYS DROPS AND YOU WILL NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE". You're suggestions work when you can funnel gear and always win with Charms. My years experience is holding out for BiS (or holding out for that raise, job promotion, woman, etc) will put you behind. You can't always get what you want; and b. "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Hey though good luck on holding out for each BiS item.

Okay the only rule is "HOLD OUT FOR ALL BIS. IT ALWAYS DROPS AND YOU WILL NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE". You're suggestions work when you can funnel gear and always win with Charms. My years experience is holding out for BiS (or holding out for that raise, job promotion, woman, etc) will put you behind. You can't always get what you want; and b. "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Bullshit. You take what you can get. But you don't blindly look at an item and say "it is 20 ilevel higher, therefore it is better even if I am replacing a haste/mastery with a dodge/parry item".

So because you have nothing to back up your claims you now throw out random nonsense - great.
    We're giving adviced based on the good/useful loot that can come from bosses - you're doing it based on something you think is good like basing priority on weapons (which do next to nothing for a prot pally) and shields (granted they are good, but primordius loot is really really a gamble)

Dodge/Hit is not the same as a Dodge/parry. FFS Hit is our top stat and not everyone is struggling to get below 7.5. But again since it's got dodge what everyone is saying is hold on to a 483 belt until the 503 drops even though you just need some valor and rep to get a 522 that can hold you over for QUITE a while. Seriously why does no one look at the big picture?

It's right there in all of Theck's posts: HIT > ....... I'm not coming up with anything new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    So because you have nothing to back up your claims you now throw out random nonsense - great.
    We're giving adviced based on the good/useful loot that can come from bosses - you're doing it based on something you think is good like basing priority on weapons (which do next to nothing for a prot pally) and shields (granted they are good, but primordius loot is really really a gamble)
    Your advice is based on luck that you'll always get what you need. Sound spoiled to me.

Dodge/Hit is not the same as a Dodge/parry. FFS Hit is our top stat and not everyone is struggling to get below 7.5. But again since it's got dodge what everyone is saying is hold on to a 483 belt until the 503 drops even though you just need some valor and rep to get a 522 that can hold you over for QUITE a while. Seriously why does no one look at the big picture?
    Nah you don't get the picture.
    The hit you have on the belt can be gained from reforging something else that does not come at a significant haste loss - now on top of that the problem if you're overcapped on hit is that you can't even reforge out of dodge on that belt.
    You also have to consider the VP cost of that item - and there are better items to spend those on.
    Your advice is based on luck that you'll always get what you need. Sound spoiled to me.
    Not any more than your advice is based on luck.
    Again you're gambling for a 1/4 chance to get the shield on primordius while giving up a 2/3 chance on a good item from him - doesn't seem right.

Also if this is the armory of the one asking he's still in the t14 lfrs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efrog/advanced (and picked the wrong boots from the sha quest -.-) - so let's go over those:
    Stone guards - might as well go prot
    Feng - ret
    Garajal - ret!!
    Spirit kings - ret (again shield not really worth the gamble - chest is awesome)
    Elegon - ret
    Will - ret!!

Zorlok - ret
    Ta'jak - ret!!
    Garalon - no good items , but ehh might as well go prot
    Mel'jarak - ret!!
    Amber Shaper - prot
    Shek'zeer - probably ret to increase chance for a set token.

Protectors - ret
    Tsulong - prot (nothing good here though)
    Lei Shi - depends but probably ret
    Sha - prot for weapon , ret for set
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-07-18 at 04:47 AM.

So keep a 483?

Meanwhile when you see a trade pug raid that says minimum 500 ilvl you don't get to raid? Not practical in a video game.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2013-07-18 at 04:34 AM.

My point was you will NEVER GET THOSE BIS ITEMS WHEN YOU SPEC PROT FOR THOSE BOSSES.

Christ, can you just accept that you made a bad call? What was just a faux pas is now turning into something really obnoxious.

I don't have any clue what the non-game-related topics of your post have to do with ANYTHING, but please add debating to prot-pal advice giving on the list of things you shouldn't do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    4p means you don't have to decide between ShoR and WoG, you can have both.
    Right, its not a BAD thing, it's simply a "bonus"...go figure, right? It's a QOL change to reduce the WOG-penalty mostly...I'm just not super impressed with it was my point. I guess I got too attached to the first iteration of the 2-then-4 pc bonus giving us a fundamental playstyle change.

Lets avoid attitudes like this please- Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-07-18 at 07:35 AM.
    20k and counting...

So, just did a 2-3 pull of Dark Animus tonight for our first heroic kill on 25H. Just want to say that we figured out how to make the fight a joke for us. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1099#Promdates It helps to have 700k vengeance My first #2 in the world.

The question wasn't "How can I min/max my toon from LFR?" it was "Should I just be set in Ret for all fights?" The questions are very different and come from different backgrounds. Therefore the answer is NOT the same. Because if the answer is the same that person will be running ToT LFR until the end of 5.4 to wait for each specific one item that was mentioned. I provided alternatives that would still get his toon able to move on to the next level whether it's normals or SoO LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    So, just did a 2-3 pull of Dark Animus tonight for our first heroic kill on 25H. Just want to say that we figured out how to make the fight a joke for us. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1099#Promdates It helps to have 700k vengeance My first #1 in the world.
    Grats! /10char