Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Considering how often I end up changing spec to dps, or tank, I don't like the idea of a lock.
    One tank fights, or tank left, and the queue isn't popping?
    If I could heal, and we were waiting on healers, I would want to change spec to healer too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myrlock View Post
    Considering how often I end up changing spec to dps, or tank, I don't like the idea of a lock.
    One tank fights, or tank left, and the queue isn't popping?
    If I could heal, and we were waiting on healers, I would want to change spec to healer too.
    Yeah I can see this being annoying. I've had to go tank the day before the reset, just so we could get going. Was queued as dps but have gear for both. It's just that I think ppl playing the queue system happens way more often, than someone having to respec to get the raid going.

Lock the spec to relevant roles and auto change the player to their healing spec if there is only one set to healing that way healers dont get screwed in the wrong spec if the zone in while in combat. Should do the same for all rolls. I hated situations where one tank solo tanks stuff with the other going dps and the healers having to pick up the extra healing and if the tank dies and then the boss wrecks the raid because the OT is in DPS the healers get the blame.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-18 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    This thread is a good reminder of how big a arsehole people can be when there is nothing to reign in their worst tendencies. Act without consideration for others in RL and sooner or later someone tears you a new one. Just because it can't happen online doesn't make the lack of consideration for others right.
    Last edited by mmoc2991fac950; 2013-07-18 at 02:16 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dps that queue as tanks and dps that queue as healers should be open game for booting. I don't want to spend the time tolerating the bullshit of other people after already spending the time to force feed myself LFR (hallelujah legendary quest grind).
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

15+ Year Old Account
    Not quite auto-kick, but something. There is no reason to do it anymore with the selectable loot. It's just a tool maneuver to get lower queues.

It's one thing if you're a pre-made group or if you've actually discussed it with the other healers. It's a whole 'nother to just go "other people's problem".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind one or sometimes two healers who are either just DPSing or who are practically AFK. But when I'm in an instance where we've wiped because 3 healers are DPS then that is something I mind a whole lot.

I do wish there was a way to fix this. Maybe, when you zone in, if you're not in heal spec, it puts you in heal spec and prevents you from changing the rest of the instance.

Priests wouldn't have to be asked what spec because either they have one heal spec (in which case pick that one) or they have two (in which case use the one they are in).

I don't know why the game doesn't just put tanks and heals into appropriate specs instantly when they zone in. It annoys me when I zone in and the group is in trash combat and I have to sit on my thumbs for 2 minutes waiting to get out of the spec I don't want to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Literally just solo healed Durumu in LFR because all the healers respecced during the ready check. I said afterwards about it and everyones attitude was just "they do good dps and we got the boss down, who cares?" I care, I shouldn't be busting my ass in lfr to keep people healed up. LFR is meant to be casual faceroll. I could easily have caused a full on wipe and there attitude would be entirely different. It sickens me people do this and that they get away with it. Would you like an auto kick feature?
    So heal a ton less next fight, and when you wipe start a vote to kick the healers who were dpsing.

Auto kick isn't a great idea, because some fights in lfr are much faster with healers going dps, like twins and sha.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    OP...you can choose to also not heal or, put the offenders on ignore and never have to group again. Surely that's a simpler and more effective option than convincing the entire wow player base to push for this....
    nd yes, it's kind of a shit thing for them to do, and no, you aren't going to change that some people like to mess with others.
    /ignore and move on...honey
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

You really think that's fair? Ah, of course you do. Getting money / rewards for doing nothing / shit is absolutely perfect in our mad world. Just keep blaming the ones who really do their job!
    I'm waaaay more useful to the raid when Dpsing (while queued for Healer), than 95% of the Dps players in LFR who just press random buttons without having a clue what they are doing.

In fact, I think a autokick to anyone who does under x amount of Dps (determined by your iLvl) would be better. And while we're at it, autokick any1 with unenchanted/ungemmed gear.

Queue as Healer, go Dps.

If we ever wipe to lack of Healing, I'll respec and Heal, but that hasn't happened yet.

Everybody who whines about Healers going Dps in LFR, should have spent the same amount of time learning their class instead. Oh how much better that would make LFR runs

There's a nice addon called LFRtools.
    It will automatically scan the group and post the names of players with a different spec than they qued for in the chat, if you wish so.

Sometimes people actually do care and kick said persons. Definitely a step in the right direction.
    Worst addon ever, reminds me of GearScore back in WotLK. Making ppl ignore what's actually important for the success and smoothness of the raid, and focusing on their own self-righteouss misguided beliefs. Definitely a step in the wrong direction.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Surely the people who are queueing as heals for the benefit of a healer queue and with no intention of actually healing should be kicked. That's all it comes down to. Talking about how adding an additional DPS out of the healer pool makes things 'go faster' or whatever is silly talk, because any idiot can figure out that that's not actually what's happening on the ground.

Also, saying things like "well X boss should really be 3 healed anyway" is a horrendously stupid statement. Plenty of bosses on LFR can be healed by [whatever minimum number of healers is reasonable in your head]. Does that justify having everyone start queueing as heals with the intention of DPSing because Durumu, etc. can be solo-healed? No, that line of thinking is for degenerates.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-07-18 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    I think locking the role is the best option, people join the queue quickly most of the time anyway even if a tank etc leaves. Afterall you can loot specialize nowadays.
    Except for those times where you end up waiting for an hour for a tank/healer.

If I'm on my priest, and the other healers are decent I'll go DPS. Far more likely to wipe due to shitty ass DPS than healers in that case.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-07-18 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The prot pally situation rarely happens.
    Happens in every single LFR run that I ever tanked on every boss.

Solution for this particular situation: Get hit by dis. beam. You die, raid dies. Broadcast healing done recount and the kicks will come.

But in LFR you can 2 heal Dorumu if you have decent tanks and single heal it with good tanks. I just spam my crappy restoration dps on my shaman because I don't have anything to do during the first 2 phases. The only time I feel useful is after the dis beam death fest as everyone stands in the purple. If the group is actually good and moves through the phase I could be replaced with a rock if everyone is healing.

The only time a fight needs all 6 healers in LFR is during the first week when people are learning the fight unfortunately.
    Last edited by Orcbert; 2013-07-18 at 08:04 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just last night, on Durumu, we had a similar issue. First pull, things go as usual - we get to the eye phase and lose about 5 or 6 people. Critically though, one of those was a tank. About 18 or so survive the first maze, but after it ends the second tank dies pretty quickly. Because all the battleressers are sleeping, Durumu starts picking off dps, obviously starting at the top of the damage meters first. When he started on me, I got almost no heals before I died. Eventually both tanks were CR'd but we were down to about 5 or 6 dps. After the second maze the group finally wiped.

So, in an effort to "save time" those healers who self elected to go dps cost us about 12 minutes, plus extra repair bills. GJ guys. GJ.

FYI, even though I died about half way through the fight, I still did the most total damage in the group. Those healers who decided to dps would have achieved more raid dps by doing their jobs and thus keeping me alive.

So here's my issue with this kind of behaviour:

Queuing as a healer or tank is instant. Queuing as a dps results in a long wait. A lot of people therefore queue as a tank or healer just to get a faster queue.

If you want the benefit of the short queue, then stick to that role please. Yes, yes, I know that having six healers isn't always mandatory, but I have been in my fair share of LFR runs where the same thing happened, and the results tended to be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes bosses died quicker, but other times we had unnecessary wipes.

I just don't see the risk/benefit ratio as justifying it.

All it is a bunch of egotistical below average intellect people who have delusions of grandeur, thinking they are more important/better than anyone else.

IMO the idea of locking healers and tanks to a spec corresponding to the roles they signed up for is a great idea. Allow dps to change spec because that is potentially useful and I have never seen a dps do this except at the request of the raid when a tank and/or some healers quit and we weren't getting replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I often do this now just to get my Alts geared. 30+ min queues for DPS when I can just queue healer and DPS anyway while the other 5 Healers still heal fine.

suits me fine.
    So to hell with the other honest dps who wait their turn. You're going to cut in from of them all and feel fine about it on top of making other healers carry your ass? You're a real piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Except for those times where you end up waiting for an hour for a tank/healer.

If I'm on my priest, and the other healers are decent I'll go DPS. Far more likely to wipe due to shitty ass DPS than healers in that case.
    Pretty much this. If you have more than enough good heals, it is better for the group if one of them goes DPS.
    Nobody cares until you wipe anyway. Once you wipe if it was because of low heals, post recount of healing done. The healers who did little to no healing will get kicked. If you want to go DPS and don't want to get kicked after a wipe just make sure to ask the raid if you can DPS. Usually if you have plenty of heals people will say yes.

Basically I look at heals meter, and if they are low I then look at DPS meter, if they are low there too it is more of a sign they were just AFK. Announce it and kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, when I heal LFR, I would prefer that there be less healers/only me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I'm waaaay more useful to the raid when Dpsing (while queued for Healer), than 95% of the Dps players in LFR who just press random buttons without having a clue what they are doing.
    So why don't you queue as dps then?

In fact, I think a autokick to anyone who does under x amount of Dps (determined by your iLvl) would be better.
    As long as you don't get to decide what the dps threshold is, I don't entirely disagree.

And while we're at it, autokick any1 with unenchanted/ungemmed gear.
    Nah - measure total performance rather. Forcing everyone to spend resources on gemming and enchanting gear they will be replacing soon just so that they can do LFR is a bad idea.

Queue as Healer, go Dps.
    If you're a selfish, narcissistic prat with delusions of grandeur.

If we ever wipe to lack of Healing, I'll respec and Heal, but that hasn't happened yet.
    It has happened to me a few times when other healers have done it. Sorry mate, but you getting a shorter LFR queue is not worth my (and 23 other people's) lost time because we wiped...

Everybody who whines about Healers going Dps in LFR, should have spent the same amount of time learning their class instead.
    The two have nothing to do with each other.

Worst addon ever, reminds me of GearScore back in WotLK. Making ppl ignore what's actually important for the success and smoothness of the raid, and focusing on their own self-righteouss misguided beliefs. Definitely a step in the wrong direction.
    Best addon ever. Makes people aware of people suffering from delusions of grandeur who place more importance on satiating their own ego than in the success of the raid. Definitely a step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    So to hell with the other honest dps who wait their turn. You're going to cut in from of them all and feel fine about it on top of making other healers carry your ass? You're a real piece of work.
    Yup. Because your logic is flawed. You are NOT taking a DPS spot. You are taking a HEALER spot. In essence, you are MAKING THE WAIT SHORTER for other DPS because the group you joined can start that much sooner.

Logic isn't hard. Use it or you sound like a fool.