Thread: Maybe a bug?

Maybe a bug?

Hello everyone.
    Did you notice that there is a strange thing happening bgs 75~79?

Well, everytime I enter in a bg, there are several players lv 75~76 with more than 32k hp! They aren't even using BoA gear, but have this much hp, and are hitting like a truck... Its quite bizarre '-'

It's really suposed to be happening?

Players 75~76 seems to be scalling like 80~82, but when you reach 77 you stop scalling like this, and your hp is reduced to 14~19k

They are using very high item level gear that you can get from world drops or from the auction house. The gear comes from content in the Cataclysm expansion.

They got gear from northrend.

Part of me thinks it's a bug but part of me thinks you might be explaining it wrong. I know for a fact that at level 78 I can get a ridiculous amount of Cata gear with insane amounts of stamina and mastery making me a "rock cannon" (heh, glass cannon, rock cannon, whatever). But yeah, if it definitely is level 75s with insane amounts of HP and then it disappears at level 77, I have no idea.

Ok... Let me explain it better:

There is a friend of mine, lv 75 (not 77~79), using ONLY WoLK blues and greens from Dungeons.
    When we enter a random BG, his ilevel (that is currently 152) scales to 276, and his hp scales to more than 35k! but ONLY when in a bg...

The same happened to me, while between 75 and 76, I was having like 40k hp with BoA and some blues from dgs, and NOW in 78, with cata greens, I can't even reach 25k...

I'm not playing now, but as soon as I'm home, I will take some screenshots.

First I tought it was some kind of balance thing, but I just realized that ppl on 75 and 76 are DESTROYING everyone in random bgs... Its quite funny, now the team with more low lv players wins D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khal View Post
    Ok... LeThere is a friend of mine, lv 75 (not 77~79), using ONLY WoLK blues and greens from Dungeons.
    When we enter a random BG, his ilevel (that is currently 152) scales to 276, and his hp scales to more than 35k! but ONLY when in a bg...
    That shouldn't be happening as far as I understand scaling. At the very best, players in 75-79 bracket should scale up to the best WOTLK item level available to a level 79 player (item level 178) - the "top" item level in the bracket.

Just to recap and furthermore clarify interaction between the said bracket and Cata item level:
    - a player at level 77 can obtain full set of item level 272 gear
    - level 78 player 278 item level
    - level 79 player 283 item level
    plus some BoE blues that are 308 item level and some Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides boss drops that are 308 as well.

I was twinking level 79 on most of my alts and, when fully cata geared, things can get pretty stupid (broken). E.g. blood DK with 55k hp etc.
    However, I haven't played in this bracket after the scaling was introduced.
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2013-07-18 at 12:00 PM.

As I promissed, some screenshots of what is happening

All players between 75~76 are being buffed like this.

If I remember correctly, didn't Blizzard state they were scaling up people, so 75's would act like 79's? Don't remember when though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    If I remember correctly, didn't Blizzard state they were scaling up people, so 75's would act like 79's? Don't remember when though.
    But I think they are scalling too much '-'
    Players 75~76 are currently stronger as someone in FULL cata BLUES (just look at the screenshot)... Its realy working as intended?

Low level brackets scale, if you que up as a lvl 10, your stats will scale up to the stats of a lvl 14. If you que as a lvl 15 your stats will scale up to stats of a lvl 19, ...

It's a very welcome change tbh.